Maybe a good choice for business, but not a smart one for family vacation.
1. Small Lobby.
2. Bad/Good reception experience: I booked the room via an agent, who had guaranteed to me two weeks ago about my water view room, especially an extra crib for baby. However, the very minute I sat down at the front desk at 4:30 PM (even before a single sip of the so-called welcome drink), the receptionist girl eagerly asked me whether I'd like to upgrade to a sea-view at the higher floor level, for a special discount for 200RMB/night. After I said no, she told me that the hotel was over-booked, and my room type was not available at the moment! THIS IS SO NOT what you should ever expect in any InterContinental!! Fortunately, the manager was on duty. After she "forced the original receptionist to leave", she tried to coordinate a little, and gave us a free upgrade, and also apologized for the un-availability of the non-smoking room. This was what should be done in the right way.
1. The hotel is pretty small, so the gardening is really just so so. The beach is not private. I could feel that InterContinental is really trying to "save" from space exclusive to the hotel guests, such as the fire, and the beach bar where you have to order if you want to sit. However, there are still lots of people "walking" around while you are swimming, or enjoying the private moment with your family or your kids.
2. The hotel is much more business oriented, so it's normal if you see mid-aged men smoking in public areas.
3. The hotel provides a free shuttle between hotel and the downtown shopping area. But it only take you out. Do not expect the shuttle will take you back even if you were standing at the stop right on time. The shuttle driver will ignore unless you asked the concierge to note particularly.
1. Clean, and modern in both design and function, like any other InternContinental. But the room is not big.
2. Attentive and polite room service, expect one cleaning cloth was left in my toilet.
3. A little noisy at the night.
1. Not too many selection in breakfast. I particularly didn't feel good when I politely asked the waitress to chop the vegetables into smaller pieces to go with the noodle soup for my son. The chef behind her simply responded with a rude "WAIT".
2. Very over-priced dinner. Actually, there were little people having dinner in the hotel restaurants, probably because it's close to downtown. You can get any cheap food if you like with a 15 RMB taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sanya Resort occupies one of the most beautiful locations in Sanya – Xiao Dong Hai. Surrounded by pristine white sands and majestic mountains, this resort offers guests inspiring views from every room. Beautiful water features and water gardens throughout the resort create a serene yet stylish ambience. InterContinental Sanya Resort offers 343 rooms including 24 beachside villas, and guests can lounge in four swimming pools, dine in seven restaurants and bars, unwind in our soothing SPA InterContinental or choose from one pillar free ballroom and seven inspiring meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Sanya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sanya Hotel Sanya