“Everything you could want in a Hostel, and More!”
Review of Sanya Backpackers

Sanya Backpackers
Ranked #2 of 260 Speciality Lodging in Sanya
Reviewed 9 January 2011

The, amazing host "CHRIS", friendly staff "English Speaking", the CLEAN and SAFE environment, short walk to the beach, the roof top patio, wifi, internet, scuba, surfing! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Sanya!"

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Sanya Backpackers is definitely THE HOSTEL to stay in Sanya, China. The room is clean and the service staff is warm and friendly. They had made my vacation in Sanya, a memorable and stressless one.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

It really was safe, clean, and comfortable. great service and hospitality, I am sure that you couldn't find a better hostel around, the price was reasonable, and you would be receiving so much more than what you pay! It will be my first choice if I am going to Sanya again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2011

My wife and I took our 3 year old and 1 year old daughter to Sanya. We were met at the curb and helped with our bags by the owner Chris. The whole staff was prompt, clean and courteous. I wish we could have stayed longer than 5 days. We'll be back. Thanks Chris!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I've stayed in hostels all over the world and I can say this might be the best hostel of all. It's clean, safe, in a good location, has a friendly staff, and has an awesome owner. My room was cleaned and organized everyday. My shirts were even put on hangers by the staff. The hostel and the surrounding area is very safe. I didn't feel any trouble during my week there, even after eating BBQ on the street at 3 am. It is a 3 minute walk to the beach and there are many bars in the area with good music. The staff is always looking to help with your stay whether its recommendations on where to eat, what to see or even if you just want to chat. The owner is Chris. He's a Singaporean dive instructor who knows exactly how to make your trip to Sanya extraordinary. If you have time just sit down and have a beer with him. I guarantee it will be a good conversation.

If you're not looking for a 5 star resort, this is definitely the best place in Sanya.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2010

A very basic, but very clean hostel in a good location. Best thing about this place? Yup - Chris! As everybody else has said, the guy is a star - takes you on trips, hangs out with you, gives advice on everything the island has to offer.....all in a totally non pushy way. The rest of the staff are wonderful too. He's built a great reputation for this hostel and it's fully deserved.

Downsides? Not a quiet location - avoid this area if you want to get away from it all. Also avoid if you just want to stay in the room all day - it's a basic hostel and the comfort levels rate accordingly.

We really enjoyed our time in Sanya - thanks Chris!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My 4 friends and I are studying in China and decided to take a vacation to Sanya for the weekend. We tried another hostel and hotel in Sanya until we came across this paradise! This Hostel is in the middle of everything, beaches, shopping, clubs & bars, resturants! The staff was so welcoming, especially to 4 college students who where looking for a good time in the city. The owner helped us with anything we needed. The rooms where great and the beds where very comfortable. The Hostel is very clean and even has fast internet! If you are going to stay in Sanya and looking for the perfect budgeted place this is definetly the only way to go. We will definelty be back at this hostel next time we are in Sanya. Oh and the roof top area is awesome!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends