“Good Location”

Ranked #225 of 1,330 Hotels in Sanya
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Location”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Located in the city area, the hotel is very accessible. About 15 to 20 minutes, you can reached the street which sell local handicraft. If you cannot get use to the local food, there is KFC around the corner.
However if your room is facing the main road, it can be a bit noisy with the honking of vehicles even with windows closed.

Room Tip: Avoid room facing the main road.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Zhanjiang, China
Reviewed 30 December 2010

First come the good sides:
1.The location of the hotel is quite good. It is located in the city center. There is a supermarket and stores near it, and a bus stop right downstairs.
2.The room is very spacial with a balcony.

Disavantages:
1. Too noisy!
My friend had been woken up for many times in the morning. We found it was mainly because the hotel has an arc-shaped courtyard where tables and chairs were set for the guests (so that they can sit there and talk). Therefore, it causes loud echo.

Besides, there was NONE carpet within the entire hotel, so it caused big noise when the staff moved the clean cars passing by the corridor every morning.

The walls and doors were not good for sound blocking. You could hear the bell clearly when it rang next door.

2.The food (breakfast) was not tasty at all.
There were not many choices for breakfast firstly. Secondly, you can tell that water had been added into the drinks when you drank them, too light. Espcially the coffee, it was so unprofessionally made! Every morning I had to go to KFC to buy fresh-cooked coffee by myself.

There was a staff cooking noodles for the guests. Both the noodles and the service are good.It would be better if they also offer fresh-fried eggs.

3.There is no swimming pool in the hotel.
Sanya is famous for its sun, beach and sea. We can understand there is no beach and sea in the hotel, because it is located in the city center. However, it is not so good they don't build a swimming pool. Before I came to Sanya, I called the hotel to ask if they have a swimming pool. The answer was,"Yes, we have one, but it is under constrution these days." But when I reached the hotel, I could not find any instructions in the elevators showing there was a swimming pool.

4.The fee of car renting was a little bit high. The service was worse at the end of our trip, compared with that at the very beginning. The information given by the staff at front desk was not clear.

It was my 1st time to Sanya. It seems that every hotel there has its own car service, such as picking up the guests from the airport for free, or taking them to the sight seeing areas by charging some fees.

At the very beginning, the driver who picked us up at the airport told us, it took 200 RMB per day to rent a car (include driver). When we went to a sight seeing area, we found the taxi driver offer that kind of service too, which only cost 100 RMB per day! And we asked the hotel staff at Yalong Bay as well, the fee there was not that high either.

In addition, before we landed in Sanya, the E-booking manager offered good service, saying,"Sanya is famous for its tourism. We hope you enjoy the trip and feel like home when staying in our hotel." blah blah blah, which gave us a good impression. At the last night we called him to ask about car service. After a long phone chat, he told us to contact the car driver directly in the end. When we contacted the car driver, we just knew the car service should be booked before 5pm.

Afterwards we called the front desk to confirm how much it cost to the airport by taxi (about 40 mins). The girl told us it was 60+ RMB. But in fact the next day it only cost us 38 RMB. It made the hotel service look so unprofessional and the staff not familiar with the key information.

5.The sewer of the bathroom was blocked. The water could not run and flooded to the toilet.

We dropped a note on the desk to the room cleaning staff about this problem the next day when we went out. But when we got back in the evening, the problem remained. In the end, my friend opened the sewer cover to make the water run smoothly. I was just thinking, even this was not the best solution, we hoped that when the staff saw our note, they could offer a temporary solution by dropping us a note as well or whatever, but not just ignore it. It was not considerate.

6.There are only some rooms that had the racks set in the balcony, while others do not.

7.We found 2 burnt cigarette ends on the floor behind the door of our room when we checked in, which was totally unacceptable!

8.The air-conditioner had no reaction 90% of time.

9.The water of the bathroom was not hot enough (not cold, but just not hot enough).

10.There are not many tourism brochures about Sanya in the hotel lobby.

11.The hotel is surrounded by citizen residential buildings. The view from the balcony is not beautiful.

12.Although the location of the hotel is very convenient, there are not many resraurants near it. There is a KFC downstairs and a hotel-owned western restaurant on 5/F; too few choices. Besides, you cannot use credit card in the hotel-owned western restaurant. As entitled itself as an "International Tourism Island" by Hainan, this is a little bit absurd and speechless.

What's more, regarding the improvements, besides the disavantages mentioned above, I think the hotel can still do better in the following areas:

1.Please set some plugs in the corridors.
One night my friend fell asleep earlier because she was too tired. I was about to use the hair-dryer after I washed my hair but I did not want to wake her up. Then I was thinking of using the hair-dryer in the corridor. However, I could not find a plug there.

2.There can be more choices of tea bags in the room. For example, Instant coffee can be put there, but not just one bag of green tea and one bag of black tea.

3.We were offered only 2 bottles of mineral water for free during our 4 night trip. I think the hotel could be more "generous" and hospitable. For example, add up 2 new bottles every day, or add up a new bottle as the guests finish.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends