We stayed for four nights with our toddler and it was a very relaxing experience. The staff was super friendly with our child and the level of English spoken at the hotel was OK for China (there was always someone there who could help us out). The design of the hotel is beautiful, very airy and spacious.Also the breakfast choices were abundant. Best of all was the biggest pool I have ever seen and a great playroom for kids. Together with the beach and a big grassy lawn and a kids program (starting from 3 years onwards against a small extra charge) this hotel really lets parents relax. I only gave four stars however for two reasons. a) cleanliness: the cleanliness is OK (the essentials like bed, sink, toilet etc. being very clean). However, if you look into any corner or under the bed there is always dirt accumulating somewhere. When we arrived there was e.g. a piece of broken glass behind the door to the walk in closet and a piece of soap our toddler managed to throw behind the sinks stayed there for three days. To make this hotel a real 5 star experience (and it definitely has the potential), I would propose that at least once a week a very thorough cleaning session is done in each room with staff given extra time for cleaning. Also the hotel manager should take some time to walk through the whole hotel. E.g. I used the toilet for the disabled next to the Morning Star restaurant and the toilet seat was lying next to the toilet and there was no soap and no hand paper. Also the spa was lacking. While the surroundings and the design were superior, the staff was very attentive and the massage was fantastic the manicure was substandard and the facial which was expensive enough at 80 USD did not include steaming and the proper cleansing. However, these comments are more geared towards management to polish out these smaller flaws. Overall, our stay was great and we would come again any time.Also it was good value for money compared to many of the other resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport, MARRIOTT REWARDS MEMBERS get extensive discounts & benefits in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa. All members can enjoy happy hour drinks at the Lounge, R-Place and selected meal periods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Marriott and Expedia so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya