“Very good”

The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort
Ranked #11 of 1,347 Hotels in Sanya
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The place is very good, the room is big and the bathroom is fantastic. However, I don't know why the beach is not open for hotel guest. Also, the transportation for travel around is very limited. Overall, it is a great place for vocation because it has a very quiet and relax atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2014
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear “kchen121”

Thank you very much for choosing The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to learn that you satisfied with our spacious and fantastic room, your affirmative is always appreciated.

Regarding your feedback about the beach and transportation, I’m so sorry for the inconvenience and there may be an miscommunication from our team. We blocked a part of beach for enhancement and upgrade, and now it is re-opened as usual and much improved.

Thank you for your comment regarding transportation. Please let me give further thought to how we can schedule our shuttle bus routes to better suit to guests’ needs. I’m grateful for your insight on this – much appreciated.

Again, thank you very much for your kind comment. Allow us to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please do contact me via anne.scott@stregis.com if I may be of service.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Having arrived at the airport we were met by the hotel chauffeur and escorted to the awaiting limo. Impressive service started from the very onset.
The journey to the hotel is approx 30 mins depending on traffic. We arrived the same day the cyclone had just past the north of Hainan Island and to look at Sanya you wouldn't have thought it as nothing was affected.
At the hotel we were greeted with cold towel and refreshing drink before being shown to our room. It's the first time ever I haven't had to go to check in, as this is done by the butler, again impressive.
On first impression St Regis is real class. Rooms are very spacious elegant and well acquitted with all the mod cons of today. Our room initially overlooked the Marina (lovely view and very peaceful) however after a good walk around the hotel grounds we enquired about the lagoon room ( with pool).
The rooms and butler service are great and staff service couldn't be faulted. For expats it's a great escape from hustle and bustle of mainland China.
Thanks to Anne Scott (Manager) for your personal meet n greet.

The hotel is very nice but in places maintenance is required in particular around pool areas where tiles are loose of have fallen off perhaps with some subsidence due to new build property.

The hotel has plenty selection of international foods, wines, beers and a lovely infinity pool area with swim up bar.

The gym is very well equipped with cardiovascular machines and weight lifters will be happy with the selection of loose weights and machines

All in all a great escape and we will return.
Hope you enjoy

Stayed: July 2014

Dear “Billy T”

You are very kind! Thank you very much for your time to share a wonderful comment through TripAdvisor.

It was my pleasure to meet you during your stay. Thank you foe emailing to me in advance and connecting before your visit. I am so happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us – and thank you for kind feedback on our butler service, spacious rooms and culinary offerings.

Notwithstanding that, your construction feedback about the tiles of pool is also acknowledged. We just completed repairs on the pool tiles at the east wing and will schedule the fix on the west wing lagoon in September.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back to The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort for another splendid stay. Please feel free to contact me via anne.scott@stregis.com if I may be of service again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Best hotel in Sanya and one of the best Starwood properties I've ever seen. Wonderful Butler service. Nice and beautiful pool. Perfect SPA. Great breakfast. Spacious rooms. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear “clkamg”,

Thank your for choosing The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort and posting your kind comments on TripAdvisor.

I’m so happy to read your warm and gracious words regarding your stay with us. I shared your warm words with my team – and I think you made everyone’s day – including mine!

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation for our spa, pool, breakfast and quality of rooms. I am especially happy to know that you enjoyed our Butler service…a signature of St Regis heritage. Allow me to offer my assistance for a future visit - please do contact me via anne.scott@stregis.com if I may be of service.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our stay at St regis, sanya was simply exemplary. The service was excellent and warmth. Special thanks to our bulter, Sharon who went to miles to accommodate our needs. She had everything arranged for us, from the booking of the restaurants and taxis to preparing water and hats for our nans han trip. Hotel dining was of great food quality and excellent culinary skills. Huge variety like fresh sashimi and clams to flavourful grilled poultry and seafood. The resort is surrounded by their very own private beach which provides guest with all the luxury in privacy and tranquillity. We are already looking forward to coming back at the end of the year!

Room Tip: Sea view!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank singaporets
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear “singaporets”,

Thank you very much for these warm and gracious words – and thank you for taking the time to share these on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay and especially to know that you enjoyed our butler service. I shared your warm words with my team – and I think you made everyone’s day – including mine!

St. Regis Butler Service has been the signature of the St. Regis experience for over one hundred years. I’m pleased that we were able to provide you an uncompromising and bespoke butler service. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize Sharon’s great work.

We look forward to welcome you back at the end of the year for another flawless stay. Please do contact me via anne.scott@stregis.com if I may be of service.

Allow Me…

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I actually went to this hotel last year when it was new.

In short, my experience with this hotel was generally good.

Pros:

-New hotel, so maintenance wasn't an issue
-Good material used to build the hotel, compared to other brand name hotels I visited in China
- Quiet, big, comfy rooms. Big patio, I loved it
- Attention to detail, rarity in China. Complete amenities
- Bell service not bad. Way better than many other hotels in China

Cons:

- Why build a such a nice hotel in China's Hawaii and allow product placements right in the middle of the hotel? Cars and big signs in the middle of the hotel? On precious lawn area??? I never saw such things in Hawaii. What a shame! Pure greed won over scenery and patron satisfaction.
- Restaurant service was horrible. It didn't matter where I went. Service was just horrible. Price was high but I definitely felt the servers did not appreciate my business.

Room Tip: Pick one of those rooms facing the ocean. Nice views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear “ononlam”

Thank you for choosing The St Regis Sanya for your stay in Sanya and for taking time to share your experience. We appreciate your valued feedback which is integral as we journey towards improving guest experience at our resort.

Although there were some positive points during your stay such as the spacious room, complete amenities etc. I do apologize that we failed to meet with your expectations in terms of restaurant service. This is certainly not the level of service we want our guests to experience. We reviewed your comments together with the Food and Beverage service team and none of us took any pleasure in reading your remarks. We have a specific action plan in this area – and I am committed to enhance the service quality of our resort and to ensure all of our guests can have a flawless stay beyond expectation.

Meanwhile, allow me to express my sincerest apology in terms of product placements, actually it was an event for a company. So sorry it disturbed you during your stay. We’ll try our best to balance the leisure guests experiences and company event in parallel in the future.

Thank you once again especially for your warm words on our building, rooms, bell service etc. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

If it were a Westin I would definitely give it 5/5, but being a St Regis, it needs to be better.

I have to admit that this is my first stay at a St Regis property. Interestingly, COFCO, the state-owned food processing giant, which actually developed the whole Yalong Bay area, owns this St Regis (and Waldorf Astoria Beijing and W Beijing). Coincidentally, the BREAKFAST buffet at Social restaurant was among the BEST I'd ever had. We also had lunch at the Chinese restaurant and a late afternoon meal at Social, both INEXPENSIVE (compared to other Sanya 5-star resorts) and considerably tasty. That is a huge plus when you do not want to be toasted under the sun finding a place to eat outside the resort.

The architecture and the garden are huge but may need some better design choices. What is going on with the UGLY yellow columns and turtle shell shaped roof? The hallway in the West Wing where we stayed was dark and weirdly too wide and empty. The room was very spacious but again felt a little bit empty. I guess it is a personal preference, but I'd prefer more artsy settings. We only got a Marina/Port View room, and there are lots of yachts downstairs. I'm not saying I love it, but it is not that bad.

What really disappointed me was the BUTLER. Did not bother to remember his name, but he had a grumpy and impatient face when he showed up after I called to ask about the amenities and activities in the resort. He mentioned that we could rent a yacht but his facial expression and his tone indicates his belief that I probably could not afford it. Never called him again after that. Service wise, David and Bruce at the front desk were both very helpful and kind when they helped my mom dealing with a minor medical situation. We also got a late 4pm check-out, which was cool.

At this time of the year, we got a relatively attractive rate at the St Regis. But after visiting the Ritz nearby, I realized maybe it would be a better choice to add some money to stay there. It looked a lot better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear “EXZX”,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at St Regis Sanya and for taking time to share your experience.

I was delighted to read your kind comments and to know that you were satisfied with our culinary offerings (especially for the breakfast and lunch). Our Chef and his team were very happy with this feedback

Meanwhile, allow me to express my sincerest apology in terms of our butler service. This is certainly not the level of service we want our guests to experience. We have just recruited a new Chief Butler – a key appointment to our team. I am committed to working with him and the team so that we review our processes – and provide training to all members of the team so that they have all the skills needed to provide the very best service to our guests.

Thank you once again for your detailed comments and constructive feedback. Thank you especially for your warm words on David and Bruce – I think you made their day! We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Pros : make no mistake this is 7 * s all the way. the rear of the hotel extends all the way into the beach, has a football , volleyball play area. Very good pool ( transparent deep end wall ) private pools for every room, dining facilities may look smaller as the no. of rooms are more. courteous staff. great views from any of the rooms. huge rooms and still bigger bathrooms. yacht marina is a very time pass.

Cons : reaching this hotel in yalong bay from the airport is a tough task if you speak only english and don't have a Chinese companion. Pls. pay ONLY 98 RMB to this hotel. If i say the free wifi sucks, am being generous. the AC in the room competes with wifi to see who is more incompetent. once you get into this hotel, its cumbersome to get to the city and then comeback. the gym is minuscule compared to the no. of rooms the hotel has. I guess their idea (which is , i believe true to some extent also ) wealthy Chinese people come here and lock themselves into the rooms and don't venture outside other than the beach. The Spa is NOT free. the rides in the beach are meant strictly for the haves only itseems. prices are a steal.

Room Tip: rooms in the west wing will get you the marina view. but all the rooms have their own PoV. too good...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gop G
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear “Gop G”,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay and taking time to share your experience. We appreciate your valued feedback which is integral as we journey towards improving guest experience at our hotel.

I was delighted to learn that you satisfied with our room facilities, beach activities, central pool and yacht marina etc. Your warm words are most appreciated.

I was very concerned to read your comment regarding the WiFi and AC in the room etc. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. Wifi is the focus of a current upgrade project to improve both signal strength and speed. We have a further project on coverage. I know that this is important. I am sad to know that your AC did not offer the level of comfort expected. This is certainly not the level of service we want our guests to experience and I can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same.

Thank you once again for your detailed comments and constructive feedback.
Please allow me to be of service in the future. If your travel schedule ever brings you to Sanya again, please do contact me anne.scott@stregis.com