“Wonderful Holiday !”

Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya
Ranked #52 of 1,350 Hotels in Sanya
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A huge and a beautiful hotel indeed. Our family really enjoyed our stay there.
The foods were very tasty and delicious. It has a fantastic view from our hotel room.
We would definitely be coming back to stay at this hotel again and we will recommend
it to our friends. Cheers !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank RICHYONGSS8131
Michelle G, Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear guest, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Haitang Bay Gloria Sanya Hotspring Resort is for your visit to Sanya. I also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on this forum.
I am pleased to learn that, for the most part, you have enjoyed our services and facilities at the Resort.

Thank you also for your comments, as it is only through feedback like this that we are able to continually monitor and improves both our products and quality of services.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is the first time I have been to Sanya together with my girlfriend and we stayed here for 5 nights. For us, its paradise on earth! We experienced Sanya differently and uniquely with Haitang Bay Gloria Hotel. The prices for all the 3 restaurants are reasonable and most importantly, they offer irresistible food and also perfect hospitality. Evening walk on the beach is something purely romantic and relaxing for a couple to do here. Will definitely stay here when we visit Sanya again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chen Y

Reviewed 21 July 2013

It ranked here as the best hotel on Hainan when we booked it. So we had quite high expectations to its quality. But this is China tourism. Of course I can't compare to other properties but it is far from 5 star class hotel and the best around. The location is great for those who seek silence and tired of bars and Chinese noise. May be during high season it is more disturbing but at least there is no distraction around. Haitang Bay is just developing so it's not crowded in the area at all. The downside is that you are quite isolated in terms of food and activities other then offered by the hotel. The hotel is very new, standard rooms are big enough and very nicely decorated, although make sure you book a sea view one, so that you don't overlook construction sites.
Stuff barely speaks English, so make sure they understood what you asks for. We had some minor issues with that. Rooms are not kept clean how would you expect of 5 star hotel and it is nearly impossible to explain if you ask for something not ordinary, like we had issues with lights in the room. Restaurants are fine with western, Chinese and Japanese cuisines offered. Surprisingly western food was really nice which made us tried after travelling through china for some time quite happy. And lastly from a price perspective it was positively incomparable being 2-3 times cheaper than other 5 star hotels with similar downsides. So if you get a good price for your stay, I'd recommend taking an offer :)

Room Tip: Seaview, partial seaview is a must to avoid construction in your window Higher floor helps avoiding...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank daemond
Michelle G, Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Haitang Bay Goria Sanya Hotspring Resort for your visit to Sanya.
I also like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience at our resort on this forum. .
Please accept my apologies for not having delivered the service level you would expect from a hotel of our category.
Thank you very much for your feedback as it is only through feedback like yours that we are able to constantly improve our services.

My team and I looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We are staying here only one night and must say that it has been the best of the 3 resorts we have tested.
There is a reason that this place is ranked #1 on Tripadvisor and I dont see any reason for it to move.
Yes, prices are high for food and drink, but we found all 3 restaurants very good. Western food surprised me greatly as it was FAR better than expected and everyone ate everything. Meals are put together very well and have a nice delicate taste to them. Breakfast - is the same everywhere you go, a MAD RUSH because its included in the price so everyone (local or foreign) wants to pile up their plates to the roof lol. The variety is shocking and amazingly all gets eaten up.
Rooms, we upgraded our rooms and were glad we did it - you can negotiate the upgrade if you are tenacious enough and I was impressed with it being so clean and neat. The bathroom was massive and just kept on going and going. Views of the hotel pool, garden and sea are magnificent and this is a trip that the entire family will remember for our lives.
One downside was the long walks between the blocks of rooms.
Service - the staff are very polite and attentive, they try speaking English whenever they can, often coming up to you just to say hello and find it how your stay is. When replied in Chinese, they are often relieved with being able to relax back into the mother tongue :)
Value - nothing is cheap on this island and it is obviously set by the simple rules of supply and demand.
Internet is a serious let down here if you want to connect with wifi outside of the lobby/restaurant area - but hey!!! You are on holiday so put the gadgets away and relax!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BwanaSam

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen Haitang Bay Goria Sanya Hotspring Resort for your visit to Sanya. I also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on this forum.

We take your comments serious, as you mentioned the WIFI signal is not very good outside of lobby and the restaurant areas, I have addressed this issue to our related department to make better improvement.

Sincerely

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We are here now,
The Hotel is brilliant, service is amazing
pretty expensive food, pretty far from sanya - 80rmb from the city center
prices on rooms are very nice

the Hainan island is like tropic heaven
next time i will definitely will come to Hainan and to this hotel

Best vacation i have ever had

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pavel270490
Michelle G, Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel in may 2013. I chose this hotel due to a very high ranks on tripadvisor.
We had an evening flight from Hong Kong and and ordered a hotel car to pick us up from the airport. The driver couldn't say any word in English ... We arrived at the hotel at 22.30 and wanted to go for a dinner but surprisingly all 4 restaurants close at 22.00 so we had use room service.
The room we got was really big about 60 m. The only concern about the room - it didn't have any safe box. I asked at the reception if there is any in the room and I was told there are 2!!! Of them in the room. I went back to the room, but again couldn't find any...:( I didn't want to go back to reception due to some obstacles with hotel stuff with communication in English with hotel guests (you can read a lot about this in reviews about this hotel here). And I should say its true, only a few hotel stuff can frequently communicate in English with guests.
There are 4 restaurants in the hotel, we went to Chinese Tang - overall we enjoyed it, although the prices can be compared to a good European restaurant. It's better to order Chinese dishes there - they have a really good variety of them. For drink we had Chinese wine... Every time we made our order the waiter said "just a moment, I will call my manager"...:)
The pool area is really nice, just a few people at the pool. The beach area was almost empty, I think two of us were the only person who went to the sea. I don't know why, but the lifeguards always put a red flag in the beach, but the sea was really calm... I flew for 10 hours and should swim in the pool...???
The overall experience of the hotel is quite good except the above mentioned, the hotel is really very big, modern, they opened less than a year ago so everything is brand new. While our stay there I felt like a king because there were more hotel stuff than hotel guests. I think the hotel was booked for 10% during our stay. This hotel is a perfect place if you want to have a rest for 3 or 4 days, sleep, swim etc...

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivan S
Michelle G, Guest Relations Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Haitang Bay Gloria Sanya for your visit to Sanya. I also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on this forum.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We have choosen the resort based on all the Tripadvisor feedback and comments. It was a great experience to have a nice resort direct at the really clean and empty beach which gives the possibility for long lonely walks without any Chinese. The hotel is mainly booked by Chinese which makes the breakfast room crowded and loud, unfortunately the outside sitting area to enjoy the great view over the resort is limited and only used by Western guests. We have been surprised about the Haitang Bay Area which is really quite but it seem this will change soon due to many construction sides. Therefore it is recommended to book a room with garden view and not sea view (sea view can end to construction side view;-). The various restaurants are ok but a little expensive. We specially liked the Japanese restaurant.

The wireless in the rooms was offered but did not work even if the staff was very helpful and gave us support fast but did not work. Only in the lobby area it is quite fast. The fitness room has nice equipment (new) and very useful when it rains.

Overall the hotel is highly recommended specially the guest servcie is amazing. We had several questions before arrival (we recommend to book a pick up car) and received answer within couple minutes. Even so all our recommendation the guest service has taken really seriouse.

We go for sure soon again to have some relaxing days away from Shanghai.

Room Tip: Rooms with garden view are the best choice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Schrag
Michelle G, Public Relations Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Haitang Bay Gloria Sanya for your visit to Sanya.

We take your feedback very serious and will do our utmost to improve the areas you mentioned.

Thank you again for your comments, as it is only through feedback like this that we are able to continually monitor and improve both our products and quality of services.