“Impeccable”

Ranked #51 of 1,327 Hotels in Sanya
beijing
“Impeccable”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Checking in with a business group, It took about 15 minutes of waiting in the lobby for around 15 peoples checking in. The front office manager Joe, introduced himself and explained that he open the special group check in counter for us. The room was clean and clearly ready, the TV greet you by name, can also check your account, have TV in bathroom and, a nice feature, hot spring water for shower/bath. The food is good in this hotel and i liked the breakfast, provide local food, special mention for the mountain honey presented in its combs. Business facilities are very good and i liked the coffee break in the bamboo garden. We also met Nicolas, the GM and his dynamism reflect on the very good service by friendly smiling people, attentive to details.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank ling s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Lovely holiday. We booked this hotel- thanks to Trip Advisor .

It is a wonderful hotel - suberb room with fantastic seaviews.

Service was excellect- special thanks to Angel who made our check in and out so efficient.

I left an important ducument during check out and Angel and Robin (duty managers) called on our drivers mobile to rertun to pick it up whicle we awere half way to the air port . Thank you - thank you ! Will be back definately !!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor close to the reception - actually all rooms are good depends on your budget.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Akunderth
Beijing, China
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were welcome by Amy with a smile, local drink and efficient service. The room and all the property is clean and beautiful. Also the food was great, we tried tang very good Cantonese and pier9 with a great choice of live seafood for surprisingly good price. Many things to do and always friendly staff around. :)

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Salvatore8888
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Hotel is clean, staff very friendly, WiFi throughout. Food is expensive and there is nothing close by as an alternative, but the all you can eat breakfast buffet is quite good with a wide selection and pretty decent coffee (hard to come by in China and I am a coffee snob). The Kids Club is free with some extra activities at a fee. We used it every day for our 5 and 7 year old whole our 1 year old napped. They have a Wii with a large selection of age appropriate games so my son was in heaven as we forbid one at home. They charge A LOT for an extra bed, but my 7 year old slept very well on the round couch in the room and the baby crib did not cost extra. King sized bed accommodated the rest of our family of 5. The children loved the chd sized bath robes that everyone wears to the pool, beach and hot spring pools. The hot spring pools were fantastic and well enjoyed by all of us. The children's pool has a fantastic playground right in the water.I would definitely come back if we were to be in China long term, bit we like to try different places each holiday. Oh, and we did family KTV one night which we all loved.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Tara M
Michelle G, Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear guest,

I am pleased to learn that, for the most part, you have enjoyed our services and facilities at the Resort.

Thank you also for your comments, as it is only through feedback like this that we are able to continually monitor and improves both our products and quality of services.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Excellent service with friendly staff. I stay during my holiday with my wife. It was one of the best resort ever. I had the wonderful sea view room with nice view. Room was tidy up after my breakfast every day, with no disturb during my stay. Perfect timing! I must come back for another holiday...

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WJP9660
Dear guest, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Haitang Bay Gloria Sanya Hotspring Resort is for your visit to Sanya. I also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on this forum.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 September 2013

First of all, if you know anything about China 5 star hotels, the best they can be are 4 stars or less. We paid extra for Mercedes pickup from the airport which is about 45 minutes away. The Mercedes was an older E class dirty and unclean. There were no cold wet towels and no water the entire trip. Finally arriving at the lobby, there is zero air conditioning and the waiting to check in took forever. No greetings from the staff at reception. No bell hops to speak of so you have to grab your own luggage carrier. The room was alright but felt more like a 4 star accommodation without amenities laid out properly such as plugs for mobile phones, ipads and blackberries. One of the elevator buttons to call the elevator was broken the entire week I was there. The cleaning staff in unfriendly and never even says hello. The building design is extremely odd as you need to walk a long distance to your room but you go from indoors to outdoors to indoors to outdoors and you go from cold to hot and some indoor sections had no air conditioning and poor lighting. Their is absolutely zero service at poolside so do not even think of ordering drinks or snacks. You need to get your own towels at the stand because that is the only person working there. This is not a four star hotel and service is more like three star. It is a Chinese military owned establishment so they are not there to make money or please anyone. This is basically what you will get and if you are used to western style hotels, this is definitely not the right accommodation for you. Decent value is all you get out of the room.

Room Tip: Views are not spectacular here so try to get something closer to the front entrance to avoid walking...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve177777
ear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Haitang Bay Goria Sanya Hotspring Resort for your visit to Sanya.
I also like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience at our resort on this forum. .

Thank you very much for your feedback as it is only through feedback like yours that we are able to constantly improve our services. Mr. Eric, we have tried hardly to contact with you to make recovery, since your booking is from the travel agency, we failed to seek for your contact information.

Once again, I am very sorry and would be very happy if you allow us to welcome you back in the future to show you that we indeed provide exceptional service to our guests.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at Haitang Bay Gloria to attend a business event.
The view from the hotel was great but the condition of my room and the hotel service was poor.
My hotel room smelled strange so I checked around. I found big patches of mold behind the bathroom sliding door. So I informed the hotel and they arranged to have my room cleaned.
When I came back to my room, I was disgusted to find that the cleaners used my bathroom sink to clean away the mold but did not rinse the sink clean.
I checked with my fellow colleagues later and most of them also found patches of mold behind their bathroom sliding door as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank satay_gal
Michelle G, Manager at Haitang Bay Gloria Resort Sanya, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for not having delivered the service level you would expect from a hotel of our category. We have addressed this issue to our house keeping department to make better improvement.