“Perfect Place!”

Captain's House
Ranked #2 of 592 Sanya B&B and Inns
“Perfect Place!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of a 6 month trip around Asia. We came off the back off a long, uncomfortable train journey into Sanya. Tom (the owner) greeted us with a big smile and a comfy clean room - I could've hugged him! The place is lovely, homely and clean. Tom & Robert and the most friendly people I've met and catered to our every need.

Breakfast is amazing value for money and really tasty - fried eggs on toast - what more could a brit wish for!

My boyfriend gor really burnt during our stay - Tom provided ice for us every night. Very sweet. We were pointed in the direction of anywhere we wanted to go. Tom & Robert also took us to a beach BBQ one night which was so much fun - and really delicious!

I can't rave about the service enough - really was great. The rooms are spacious, there's a cinema room and Tom has an armoury of dvds.

Really perfect for a backpacker - Tom even wrote out an itinerary for our onward travel and took our phonecalls when we had problems with the language barrier so he could translate!!

A must stay in Sanya :) Fantastic value for money!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Hasan got à fantastic Chief , THE food is exellent, service are amazing good, and the crew make you feel at home, if anything is wrong, dont worry Hasan get it right! And there are good prices to, grill chocken 10TL!
Go to this place , eat, take a drink or à coffe, you wouldnt regret it

• Stayed September 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Initially only booked for 1 night but ended up stay for 4. Clean and mellow hostel, has everything you need, staff super friendly and helpful in every aspect of my stay and queries. Definitely the number 1 stay in Sanya for me, hire of the moped is a must do! Enjoy. Thanks guys, if ever i'm back i'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had such a great stay at captain! It was one of the best hostels you can stay in. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are nice, the decor is really nice and unique! The staff was amazing- they went out of their way to make sure we were happy! They all speak very good English and are very friendly. My room has got view of the lu hui tou moutain .it's quite convenient getting around sanya. Food and drink options are limited at the moment, but you can eat around the villeage very cheaply.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank andrea l
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Tom and Robert are amazing. I spent Chinese New Year at Captain's House. The dorm rooms are coed and very comfortable. The staff is great and so kind. Tom hosted a tropical fruit tasting for guest at that hostel (free of charge). The staff at Captain's House made my Holiday truly fantastic. Tom's personal service and dedication to the guests goes above and beyond what anyone should expect. Captain's House has all the international charm of staying at a hostel with the personal service of a five star resort. I will return to SanYa again just to visit my new friends Tom & Robert.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
hongkong
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Awesome hotel! Very convenient location, just outside dadongbay beach. Beds are clean, toilets are clean, rooms are clean! Staff are very friendly and approachable. Most decent hostel I've ever stayed in. I would definitely choose captain's house again if I were to visit sanya again. the owner should open more hostels in other cities of china!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
guangzhou
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Usually I am a bit demanding, but I spent one of my best holiday weeks here. Staff is working extremely hard for your well-beeing. Rooms, Beds, Lockers are ok. WIFI in the room isn´t as fast as in the Common Areas, don´t know why. Restrooms are very clean. Bonus is the breakfast and real coffee (not only dark water). Location is minimum triple A (close to the beach and bars). compare to what you paid, strongly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo