“Good value city centre hotel”

Crowne Plaza Sanya City Center
Ranked #42 of 1,350 Hotels in Sanya
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our recent trip of 3 days to Sanya was made even more enjoyable by selecting this hotel through Asia rooms at a discounted rate.
The reception staff were very helpful, facilities of a high standard, and overall an excellent place to stay if you wish to stay in the city area. It was a short walk to both the duty free shopping mall and the city centre. Trips to the beach areas were a little further away.
The hotel swimming pool was clean and well managed. The Marina Cafe had an excellent range of food both buffet or a la carte. We can certainly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away fro the main roads may be less noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Ramada P, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sanya City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,warmest greeting from Ramada Plaza Sanya!
Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your experience here. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us in Ramada Plaza Sanya.
As you know that Ramada Plaza Sanya share the good location for about 10 mins away from China Duty Free Shop and First Seafood Market.
And the most privacy swiming poor and sauna center located on the 3 floor in tower B which can give you the delighted experience.
Otherwise, Hotel insist the core value 'Leave the rest to us' to serve all the guests to have an unique & comfortable stay experience. We are hoping to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sanya!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

It was a short but very pleasant stay at the hotel. What made it extra special was the exceptional help by the front desk manager, Nadia. She went out of her way to help me get a train ticket to Haikou despite the fact that the trains (Sunday afternoon) seemed to be completely booked out. She never gave up although her various sources indicated otherwise. Together with the concierge she was finally able to get me the last ticket and arranged for a quick taxi to the station. She really made the stay at the hotel a special one to remember!!! The most helpful (and genuinely) hotel manager I have met in a long time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sail0rGuy
Ramada P, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sanya City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,warmest greeting from Ramada Plaza Sanya!
Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your experience here. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us in Ramada Plaza Sanya with the good service of Nadia whom the duty manager of Front Office. Otherwise, Hotel insist the core value 'Leave the rest to us' to serve all the guests to have an unique & comfortable stay experience. Hoping to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sanya!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hotel quality is really good, position so so, the pool after 2pm is under shadow (!!), room are great, the japanese rest not bad.
Overall a good deal, considering a great promotion i found on booking.com

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My parents and I arrived Sanya really late around 10pm and we were starving so we decided to give their A la carte dishes a try (they usually serve buffet). Not giving much hope, the food turns out to be AMAZING! My mom ordered their grilled chicken, hot dog for my dad and grilled lamb chop for myself. I have to say that that was the best lamb chop I've had, the couscous side was so yummy too! I'll definitely be back again. I'm drooling already as I speak :P

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Ramada Plaza is a recent so called 5 star hotel (Asian classification) chosen as it was next to the exhibition we were attending. We had ordered a car as the plane from Hong Kong was scheduled to arrive at 7.30 pm. When we got out of customs - no car. I called the cell phone number on the hotel car confirmation. A very polite lady told me she was home and would enquire. Could I please call her back later as her phone had no international access. Fifteen minutes later I was told that someone had left with the car and I should wait another hour as the car would come right back after dropping off the hijacker... I declined and took a taxi. At the hotel there were two attendants to handlle check in and they were both busy. One of the customers being attended to was the guy who had slipped away in the car. Sixty mtinutes I was still next in line and several persons were waiting behind. After a 90 minutes wait I got to my room. The room construction was fine; The only problems were that the key card did not switch on the lights and the floor was very dusty. Thirty minutes later the key card issue was taken care of.
I then received a call from a "manager" who told me that I had taken someone else's car at the airport. I assume it was a language issue. And I would get a basket of fruit the next day as a gesture of good will. And sure enough three green bananas were delivered the next day with a baby mango. The rest of the stay was better. Almost everyone tried their best, but very few spoke any English . My Mandarin is kind of inexistant. A few months of training - if the staff does not switch job will help. In the mean time I will let someone else be the guinea pig.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main street or you will not sleep. Even river view rooms are very, very noisy as...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Tower B. The room is BIG and new. My friend's room was flooded because the toilet drainage system was choked. Maybe Tower B has just been completed and the defects have not been rectified.
The breakfast is good with both eastern and western cuisine. It is about 30 minutes from the railway station.

• Stayed: March 2013