“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Sanya
Price range: US$5 - US$14
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our waitress, who delivered great service from the moment we entered was a pleasant surprise to the usual substandard service in China, even for Sanya. No English spoken, yet menu is bilingual so ordering was never a problem.

The food menu is quite large, with plenty of photos. I always try something new and am never disappointed. Those going for pizza should try the thin crust.

The location makes this place a reliable and convenient spot to meet, as its right off the beach in Dadonghai. The AC makes for a nice break from the heat when ready to leave the beach.

For any foreigner living or travelling in China, the menu offers many familiar and new drinks and dishes. I can honestly recommend Coffee World if you're looking for a good western meal outside of your hotel.

1 Thank haikouguy

Hong Kong, China
“very relaxing and decent place to enjoy a meal / drink.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location, great Frappes, great views ( just facing to the beach), very relaxing.

I hope to come back again.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Xx C
Haikou, China
“Coffee World is the place to easily order delicious food in any language”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have lived on Hainan Island for ten years and I never get tired of my favorite indulgence: A Blueberry Smoothies and a tuna Pita wrap at Coffee World. Whether it is at the awesome location at Dadong Hai Beach or the stunningly beautiful Lighthouse near the river in Haikou or Across from Hainan University on Haidian dao,
I know the staff will do their best to get my food to me as quickly as possible and exactly as I ordered it. I come here often and if there is ever any problem the staff has always made things right. (Shout out to Antonio in Haikou, dude, you rock!!)
One time I pointed to something on the menu and I got the item above it. No problem the staff replaced it free of charge.
Right now I am looking at some Chinese customers enjoying the waffles with Cherry topping and lemon tea.

So I recommend Coffee World to anyone who wants a great cup of coffee, cheesecake (OMG) sandwiches in a CLEAN environment with GREAT music playing in the background.

5 Thank elizabeth-china
Wuhan, China
“waste of money for poor quality everything”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Whoever said its better than Starbucks or pizza hut has been UN the sun too long or works there. My ham and cheese baggeti had 1 cheap slice of ham and 1 cheap kraft singles piece of cheese. even the tomato it was served with had a rotten spot on it. 2 sandwiches and 2 coffees for 140. Yesterday I had 2 huge delicious burgers and 2 draft Tigers for 110 nearby. avoid this place unless you are desperate. While I usually don't recommend it, Starbucks is a 2 minute walk away...

1 Thank slickMundane
Sanya, China
“TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

With more than 3 years in Sanya, I am say an old timer. I always liked watching passersby from the terrace at Coffee World. But although the food is not bad, in the last 2 years I got sick thrice with their food. First time was a mild poisoning from the lamb shank. Second and third time were very serious food poisoning after eating the triple meat delight pizza. I gave the second time the benefit of doubt, since I had eaten that same pizza many times before...But this third time is too much... 3 days off work and a serious case of food poisoning including cramps, vomiting and diarrhea... My advice: avoid their food!!!

1 Thank Godfrey Z

Been to Coffee World? Share your experiences!