I read in a couple of places this was a 5***** hotel...in their dreams! I think the Chinese must make up their own star system!
The first reaction on entering the room, was depression...dull, uninviting and jaded....who thinks rooms should look like something from the 19th century?...at least it was large, but who's idea was it to put huge granite tiles on walls of the room, which were so stained over the long history of the room....the floor tiles were the same...also, if you've ever wondered what an Indian bed of nails feels like, try out the ultra hard beds.....a complete overall is needed urgently.
The rest of the hotel had a certain charm and loved the swimming pool...you could easily spend the day relaxing by it....but didn't like all the extras you have to pay for.... table tennis, snooker, pool and even a child's rubber ring for the pool.
There's a lovely beach a short walk away, but get there early if you want a sun lounger as the Russians are quick to put their towels on them and hog them for the day!
Worth trying the local restaurants (turn right out of hotel, then left and walk for 20 minutes. Good meals at a fraction of what you pay in the hotel. ( also good supermarket there for cheap water etc)...also try the B-B-Q at night (turn left on the road at the back of the hotel, by the beach) cooked in front of you...all you can eat for 50 yuan!
In conclusion, if you can overlook the basic rooms and get the hotel for a bargain price, it's viable, but don't be fooled into thinking this is a luxury hotel on par with others in Sanya Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Asia Pacific Convention Center & HNA Resort Sanya is the largest luxury five star convention resort owned and managed by the Hainan Airlines Group. The resort features 473 luxurious and spacious guestrooms and suites and a 5400 square meters convention center with 16 function rooms accommodating from 20 to 1000 persons. All the guestrooms are exquisitely decorated with different styles and equipped with broadband Internet access. The Sea-water swimming pool, private beach, tennis court, fitness centre, multinational cuisine, potable computer rental service etc. a relaxing vocation and successful business trip. The International Asia Pacific Convention Center & HNA Resort Sanya is one of the modern convention centers in Hainan with state-of-the-art conference and audiovisual equipment. The resort has a well-trained and ardent banquet & conference service team, and they are happy to supply professional and efficient service for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Asia Pacific Convention Center & HNA Resort Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Asia Pacific Convention Center And Hna Resort Sanya
- International Asia Pacific Convention Center & Hna Resort Sanya Hotel Sanya