I picked this hotel because of the Holiday Inn brand name. There are really only two reasons I rate this hotel as average. 1) The hotel is basically in the middle of nowhere. Their are other hotels around and a few streets nearby where, if you like seafood, you have many choices. There are also some shops where you can get a few snacks, but for everything else like shopping or nightlife, at least a 30rmb taxi ride-which is not bad if you are only going once or twice, but if you are like me, and want to be out and about, that gets a bit expensive. Plus, you have to negotiate that price as, seemingly, all of the taxi meters are "broken" In all actuality, if they ran by the meter, the ride is right at 25 rmb from the hotel to the Walking Street. I negotiated a fare and noticed the meter running, so I took note of the amount, and when I arrived at the hotel did the math and discovered the 25rmb price. I did not bother to argue with the cab driver. But, if you can, and you know the way to where you want to go, try to get the driver to run the meter
2) The hotel refused to take my debit card for the deposit, which was very inconvenient. The debit card was from Communications Bank and had the Union Pay logo, which is accepted nearly everywhere in China. By refusing to take my card, this meant that I had to pay for everything as I went. (which probably saved me money in the long run). Funny thing is, they gladly accepted my debit card upon check in to pay for my room for the week.
Overall, the hotel is very clean, although, the shower stall could use a bit more attention as a bit of mildew was beginning to build up in the corners. The staff was very attentive, and accommodating. I would also recommend the bicycle rental as a way of getting out and exploring the city.
The pool and the beaches are very clean and beautiful. In fact, the beach all along the Sanya coastline was very beautiful and picturesque. I was sick the last 3 days there so I did not get an opportunity to try some of the beachfront activities like the jet ski or banana boat ride, or trips to the various islands.
So, if you like to be away from the hustle and bustle, this hotel would be a good place to stay and a good value for the money. But, if you want to be nearer to the action, pick a place closer to the city center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Resort - The Pearl of Sanya Bay, situated on the scenic Sanya Bay. It overlooks beautiful Sanya Bay sandy beach, East Island and West Island. The Resort is 15 minutes away from the famous The End of the Earth, Nanshan Buddhist Cultural Zone, Sanya Phoenix International Airport and the downtown. 226 tastefully decorated guest rooms and suites with wide balconies overlooking spectacular sea & mountain views. The Executive Club Floor features 35 guest rooms & suites and an elaborate Club Lounge, which provides coffee, tea and evening cocktails. You can enjoy a hot spring shower in the room.Every restaurant offers a choice of indoor and outdoor seating. The Marina CafÃ©, an oriental bistro restaurant & cafÃ©, features global favourites with specially designed set menu and lavish authentic buffet spread to suit local taste and international travellers. Guest can enjoy exquisite Cantonese cuisine, as well as local popularities of Hainan Province in the Southern Hill Chinese Restaurant.A place overlooking the distinctive swimming pools and spectacular panoramic ocean view of Sanya Bay, the Harbour Lounge features snacks, pastries, coffee, teas and cocktails.Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Resort offers a very relaxing environment that features comprehensive recreational facilities. Hot spring massage gives you a wonderful experience. Only at the Holiday Inn do we provide a festive Philipine band for your dinning enjoyment! 'a colorful trio of guitars'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sanya Bay Hotel Sanya
- Sanya Holiday Inn