Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$85
US$42
US$39
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Palm Beach Resort & Spa Sanya(Sanya)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$49
US$54
US$47
  • Pool
Fangjie Holiday Apartment(Sanya)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$42
US$37
Priceline
1,894 results
All reviewsbig bathtubnice beachbay resortsea viewhainan islandswim up barroom rateprivate beachchinese guestspoolschinashanghaitubshoneymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Sanya Hilton has an excellent location on the beach of Yalong Bay. The buildings are nicely arranged in a semi-circle with a main building and 8 mid sized (6 floors) buildings for rooms. The pool landscaping inside the semi circle is outstanding.
The rooms are good, except: they are too dark. There is a shortage of light. And then: the bathrooms have serious design flaws. The wash basins are too small and the faucets barely reach into them. The toilet seat was shaky. I am not kidding. Sitting down was an adventure and you couldn't be sure that it wouldn't collapse or topple. The oversized round bath tub in the centre is just a waste of space, eating into the sparse shower space. There are no hangers for towels. The bath tub faucet seems to be coming off any minute. Consolation: very good and nice housekeeping staff.
Restaurants: the Chinese one very good. The international one with mixed performance and with staff training issues. Something remains to be done there.
Another less than great experience: at check in during mid afternoon, only one reception counter was staffed. Waiting time 15 minutes. That shouldn't happen in a 5 star hotel. Not the receptionist's fault, clearly.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helmut S
hiltonsanyaresort, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Helmut S,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences during your stay with us. We’re glad that you like the resort location, swimming pools landscape, and really enjoyed our warm and caring housekeeping service. I have taken note on your comment that we could have done better on some occasions when attending to your needs. My sincere apologies for any shortcomings in our service delivery you experienced. I have discussed your feedback with our Operations Team to ensure we will do better in future. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to Sanya and our Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is really nice, the rooms decor took me by surprise as I was here on a business trip but the big bath tub in the room was a nice touch. I also like the size of the pool, it was of a good size and the location of the gym. However the hotel is a little far away from any another attraction and the beach and spa attractions were a tad too expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltonsanyaresort, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Yong Quan C,

Thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa and for your good comments on our facilities and hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We chose Hilton Sanya because the review for the pool of the hotel was good, and we were not disappointed. They probably have the best pool system in the island of Sanya. In fact that was where we spent most of our time, except when we went to the beach (private as well).
Beside the great pool, we also enjoy the room, which large circular bath tub (which our kids had great time enjoying the bubble bath as well). The hotel staff was courteous enough and changed the 2 single beds (originally in the room) into one big kind size bed, beside giving us another single bed, to accommodate our family of 4.
Breakfast was plentiful and with good choices of foods. We were lucky enough to go there before the local Chinese school started their summer vacation, so it was not packed though the breakfast was quite crowded.
The beach was private enough with onsite guard (they only work till 7 pm after which they will tell you not to go down the water). You can scroll along the beach to other resort. Most local don't bother going to the beach, except for a few lady selling local stuffs (seen only 2 of them during the 4 days stay).
While the breakfast was excellent and included in the room charge, the restaurants in the hotel are expensive, so we took the taxi (cost 10 RMB) to a place a bit further ahead (in the Yalong bay area), where we find PizzaHut, Starbuck cafe plus a numbers of local restaurant, for lunch and dinner. Consider the much cheaper cost of the meal the 20 RMB cost of taxi going back and forth was completely worth it.
The view from the main balcony of the hotel reception down to the pool and the beach was beautiful.
Definitely will come back next time, maybe in a less hot day.

Room Tip: there are room at the ground floor with the back door open right to the pool. Probably need to pay more to get these.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KHANHAHO

Dear KHANHAHO,

Thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa! We are so glad that you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality and enjoyed our swimming pools, food and beautiful views. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

This was definitely one of the best hotels I have ever been to - I wish I could come back!
The pool was amazing, the beach was amazing, service was fantastic, and the rooms were beautiful.
I fully recommend it, it's worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Christina L,

Thanks for staying with us at the Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa. We’re glad that you like our swimming pools, natural beach and really enjoyed our warm and caring service. We hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I was there the first time in March for my Company Convention. I did not have much time to fully take advantage of the resort, but Iiked very much the ambiance, the service and my suite...so much... that I went back after a couple of weeks for a long weekend (and to celebrate my birthday).
This time I chosen the Ocean front suite: the view is spectacular.
The suites are very spacious (i love the 2 levels), the bathrooms are luxurious, Philip Roth amenities. Good choice of restaurants and bars. The room service as well is very good.
Long, white sand private beach.
The staff is helpful and friendly, many speak good English.
The gym is well equipped and accessible around the clock. The SPA is nice, but, if you don't speak Chinese and you'd like something different from the listed treatments/massages, you may experience some difficulties,
The thing I like the least: breakfast at restaurant...too crowded, but the buffets are very reach. I preferred the room service
The thing i found strange: you cannot jetski on your own, (unless you have a license) without an instructor...sanya's regulations after a tourist death some time ago
The thing delighted me: a complimentary little cake for my birthday!

Room Tip: suites, in particular Ocean front
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
hiltonsanyaresort, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear barbara b,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our authentic Hilton hospitality. We are so glad that you spent a very delightful birthday with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.