“Well worth the trip, brilliant place”

Nanshan Cultural Tourist Area
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Sanya
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a great way to spend the morning or afternoon. Lots to see and do. The little train will take you round for 30CNY. It's a little disappointing that after you pay the entrance fee, you have to pay again for lots of other things - extra fee to go up to the feet of the buddha etc - should just make 1 higher entrance fee.

1  Thank PeanutnPumpkin

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Could have spent a whole day there. 7km all round to walk but we opted for the trains that stop at each point. It was a very hot day and lots of tourists. Amazing statue of Kuan Yin Buddha and beautiful garden settings.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was recommended to visit this place and decided to take a bus with three other colleagues. Being a tourist, I enjoyed every miles I passed by keeping my eyes in focus to the local way of life. I made the traffic, farming areas, traditional market and many other things I saw on the way to the temple as valuable experience.

Once we arrived in the temple we given a site map and free to decide whether we will go on foot or gather with elderly on a vehicle. It was a 'no' and then we went on foot from one spot to another. We found every corner of the park is picturesque and well maintained. There is souvenir shops, food stalls, children playground, different kind of temples, statues, flower garden, just to mention a few. We need a wide angle lens to cover the 108-meter Guan Yin Budha to make it perfectly in the frame with our pose on the lower corner. I believe there was thousands of people, mostly local, but the park just fit them well. At the end, we did not realize we have been walking for kilometers until we end up in the bus to go back to Sanya with fatigue on both legs. But I don't care; it just worthwhile. I love the food, the people, ambiance and the nature itself.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nanshan cultural area is a beautifully designed and executed nature area, with gorgeous temples and Chinese buildings to look at, and lots of little paths to walk on. This does not however merit the (by Chinese standards) extortionate 150 kuai entrance fee. The Buddha statue is marvellous, and the Nanshan Temple on a hill is really something to see! A must see if you come to Sanya, but if you have a student/pensioner/military personel card that might work at the park, it's worth a shot to bring it along and try to get a discount...

1  Thank Optimist89
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2012

If you are interested to Chinese Buddhism culture, try to go here. they have a lot of statues, pagodas and interesting Buddhist relics all around the place.

the place is quite big, and it's quite hot to walk it during the summer-autumn time.
a tour car is provided by the place, which will cost you 30 yuan per day (Don't throw away the ticket).

there are a five star hotel located inside this place. and several Buddhist vegetarian restaurant (they serve vegies and some vegetarian "meat" (which is processed from vegetable, but taste almost like meat dishes).