Let's start with the only drawback to the Mandarin Sanya... the beach (and because of the price it is probably not for everyone). It is not the white sandy beach of Yalong Bay. It is fairly rocky and only the beach at one end of the resort has places where you can really lie on the beach. Everything else about the Mandarin Oriental Sanya is fabulous, especially the staff, which is really saying something in China. The staff are very, very well trained and except for a few hiccups in english interpretation, as good as any hotel I've stayed. The grounds are beautiful (huge), lush, tropical and very well maintained. The pool is ridiculously large, has a slide, basketball, bubble beds, jetted seats, waiter service (free cold towels, cold water, fresh fruit) and it is easy to find a private area to hang out. The food is really good. The breakfast buffet has everything you could want (especially delicious fresh fruit and fresh squeezed juice) and their premier restaurant "Fresh" is wonderful. I highly recommend the grilled whole fish and the clams in XO sauce. Even though these are to share... you won't want to share them. The spa is also top notch. Go here! Relax! Then go back and deal with the real world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay and nestled amongst lush tropical flora, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya is an exclusive retreat where nature is celebrated and tranquillity is assured. The luxury resort features a series of private low rise and villa accommodation with ocean and tropical garden views, innovative restaurants and bars, recreational facilities for both adults and children, a blissful Spa Village and distinctive indoor and outdoor conference and banqueting facilities. Located just 20 minutes from Sanya International Airport, the luxury resort provides convenient access to all of the area's major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya