“The Best Hotel & Staffs...”

Mandarin Oriental, Sanya
Ranked #3 of 1,347 Hotels in Sanya
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had booked 4 rooms for my family trip. The hotel is Magnificient and Staff are the best assets at MO Sanya.
Perhaps let me start from Reservation, the team doing a great job to reply my emails promptly and in professional manners.
The moment we stepped out the car, my family members are delighted from the welcome amenities (garland for adult and baloon with shelves for kid), we felt like we are in hawaii.The welcome drink so cooling and kid get Sands box amenities courtesy by the hotel.
Marvis's from reception so helpful and friendly, she help me coordinate the birthday surprise arrangement for my sister with Jason/from Pavillion restaurant, both are done a great job.
Aside that, the operator shown her concern to the guest, my mother got minor injured and i called to get hand plaster however she arrange the first aid staff to ensure she is fine, this is absolutely well trained and care their guest. (sorry i dont remember her name, please convey my appreciation to her).
Housekeeping pay attention to details, my sister room was occupied by 2 x child plus both of them 4, next day the chamber maid placed extra towels in the room, you can feel a little touch by the service.
Pool attendants so accomadating, we ordered drink and they allow us enjoy inside the pool.
Concierge team had excellent follow up for the train tickets arrangement and i truly impressed the hotel staff work in such hot and humid weather however still able to give such wonderful SMILE and patient to the guest request.
I would like to thank you for the excellent team provide us fantastic service and we will definately recommend to our friends and family to visit MO SANYA, of course we will be back!!
From : Room # 9205 Wai

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SW8008
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Sanya

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have never stayed ,on many overseas holidays ,with the Mandarin Oriental group....this has been an absolute eye opener ....will definitely consider them again .
The resort in Sanya did not disappoint in any way .
The architecture ,modern minimalist ,with touches of local craft and artifacts ,makes this resort a very special place .The staff are so happy to please ,buffet breakfasts superb,gardens magnificient ,restaurants great.
Magnificient sun set bar to relax and enjoy a cocktail or snacks.
We stayed in a beautiful room with a small garden ,and plunge pool with views of the ocean .
It's a huge property with many pools and buggys on instant call to zip you around .
We did not want to leave ,so managed to extend for a few days more !
Would love to return !!!

Room Tip: We were close to beach
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheVenetian88
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My sister and her family stayed at one of the Villa for 3 nights.
We visited them during the day. We had a wonderful time in the villa, as well as enjoyed the facilities in the hotel.

Great services, great beach, great pools, good selections of food...
Romantic dining spots along the water...
Complimentary breakfast and hightea for Villa guests.
And there are plenty activities designed for kids to play around (not to mention its white sand pool...)

Love, love, love it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 304gracec
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Very beautiful architecture, the gardens around the buildings are perfectly addressed, pools are more then 4,one of them have also the send inside.The staff is polite and take care of you, for everything you need. At about 7pm you mustn't miss the aperitif at the sunset bar!the spa staff are really competent and the rooms for the couple have a little pool too.Situated at the end of Dadong Bay, in front of a nice white&private beach, just 10 min far by taxi to downtown nightlife. Perfect to feel relaxed and pampered.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Speechless is all I can say.
I have stayed at well over 400 different hotels throughout the world on vacation and business and this is one of the best I have ever been in.
Where do I start. The service was incredible. Actually double incredible. There isn't enough star ratings for me to put for this hotel.
They arranged a private tour of a tea plantation for us, which was also amazing.
Personal massages, shopping, a show. Boat trip, snorkeling. Great pools.
Place was so clean you could eat off the floors.
Alot of amenities, alot of fun, alot of great impeccable service. Room really had the wow factor. Just everything was perfect.
Food was fresh, everytime I turned around there was a cart full of food on ice somewhere.

Great job to Mandarin Oriental staff and managers.

My top top pick in Sanya.

Have referred tons of friends to this place and they all have the same reaction. Wow.

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms, ocean view rooms very well equipped.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BENQUE R
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This resort is an oasis. Great pools and landscaping and the golf cart transportation around the resort is fun. Food and service excellent. One tip would be to consider splashing out on the better rooms -they have the wow factor that the standard rooms do not.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Mandarin is truly amazing. The resort is just magnificent, great beach and about 3 or more pools in different locations. They had these little canoe-shaped carts by the pools which were filled with refreshments ranging from bottled water to all sorts of fruits (baby mangoes, apples, pears etc) all laid on a bed of ice - free of charge ofcourse. On certain days they also offered lemonade lollies.
The rooms were wonderful with great views and most important of all a very comfortable bed. Overall the price of the resort might seem expensive to some but given the fact that you would go there for pure relaxation and enjoy some of the resort's daily activities I think it is well worth it.
I went with my mom, and I noticed there were many groups of girls and families with young children, so it wasn't a predominantly 'couples only' retreat.
As for the food, breakfast was good with a wide selection. As for lunch/dinner the restaurants were overpriced (except maybe for the poolside meals) so we decided to have most of our main meals outside the resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family