“Lovely, as always :)”

Ranked #3 of 1,347 Hotels in Sanya
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at the MO, Sanya. Clearly, we love this place, or we would not keep coming back!
My husband and I have stayed at many gorgeous hotels in Asia, and this is one of our favorites- it's new, modern, elegant, spacious, and very beautifully manicured.
The rooms are huge and very clean.
As many have mentioned, the breakfast buffet spread is vast.
The staff members live up to the MO standard of friendliness and hospitality - I love how everyone smiles and offers a greeting when traveling on site.
The swimming pools are amazing, and each is unique. I love enjoying the adult-only pool with a sea view while my son naps, and my son loves the Activo pool for children. It has sand and sand toys where he can safely dig and splash.
The kids club is a good escape from the heat when little ones need to get out of the room.
The restaurant food, while not the best I've had, is pretty good and certainly good enough for a few days.
Most of all, the managers on site were all fantastic. At the start of our stay, we brought a specific issue to their attention, and it was addressed straightaway. In fact, the level of attention and response that we received far exceeded my expectations, and I was so grateful for their help. Thank you to all of them, once again.
We'll look forward to trip #4!

Stayed: August 2014
MOSanya, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear EdPro11,

Thank you for your thoughtful and charming review, we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your third stay at our resort and consider ourselves fortunate to number you amongst our ambassadors.

I was pleased to read that our team positively addressed the issue you raised at the start of your stay and that we were able to fully rekindle your image of the hotel.

Needless to say, we look forward to welcoming you back to your holiday home overlooking the crystal clear water of Coral Bay whenever your travel plans allow, please do not hesitate to contact me to assist with the arrangements.

With warm regards,

Paul Jackson

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Sanya

Reviewed 2 August 2014

You will not believe you are in China here. It is as stunning as any resort we've stayed in including in the Philippines, Thailand and Bali. The staff are amazing, food incredible and we stayed with our three children and while they felt like they'd had a great time in kids club and with the slide and all the other kid friendly amenities, we felt like we had a really special time too. Cannot fault anything about this hotel. Amazing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Toddbottle
MOSanya, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and favourable comparison to other destinations in Asia, I am delighted you and your family had a wonderful stay and that you managed to enjoy the resort as much as your three children. I hope we may look forward to welcoming you back, whenever your travel plans allow.

Warm regards,

Paul Jackson

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in mid July. The entire experience was outstanding.

On arrival we were greeted by smiling and lovely staff who placed bouquets of orchid flowers around our necks. We were then taken down stairs to the check in area, where we were seated and served cold tea (it was a very hot day) while we waited a few minutes before a staff member personally attended to our check in.

We were upgraded to the Ocean breeze pavillion room which was excellent (and I highly recommend it).

The attention to detail at the entire resort is excellent - from the quality of the included soaps, bath gels, shampoos etc, through to fittings and furnishings and outdoor areas. The most notable thing is probably the service - every one of the staff members treats you like royalty - and the service delivery throughout our entire stay was outstanding.

I also highly recommend you book a room package that includes breakfast. The buffet is incredible (probably the best hotel buffet I have had at any five star hotel).

The resort is located out of the hustle and bustle of the tourist area of Sanya, and has its own private beach and a number of pools. The grounds of the resort are beautiful and spacious - so much so that there is an electric buggy service that taxis you around the resort if you don't want to walk.

I could go on and go about how much we enjoyed out stay, but suffice to say I doubt you can go wrong if you are looking for a luxury hotel in Sanya.

Room Tip: Ocean breeze pavillion room is an excellent choice - the bath is set in room that opens out and look...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

MO is amazing at Sanya! You've never seen this many pools. They wind all through the property. Beach is private, rooms are spacious and clean. Best breakfast I've had in Asia, it rivals buffets in Hawaii

It's definitely a long trip to get there, but a wonderful property.

Customer service is excellent. Josephine is a star! She made every detail of our stay perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The resort lives up to a 5 star rating in terms of amenities, rooms and food but where it really stands out is in customer service. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, accommodating and attentive to details. We travelled in the off season and were upgraded to a villa which was amazing. The bar for 5 star hotels in Asia is high and the MO exceeded our expectations in every way. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We love this place. So perfect for families with young kids who want to combine luxury and happy children! Beautiful location and set-up. Fantastic kids club and lovely food and service. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The resort is amazing. The staff is great and helpful. We were always treated with smiles, which shows just how well their attitudes are. The food is delicious, and I had the best meals that were superior to other hotel meals. The design of the villa is great and is very relaxing. We also had our own private pool! The design of the entire resort is amazing. The problem is the beach. I was looking forward to some snorkeling when I just realized that I couldn't even walk on the sand with wincing in paid due to small rocks in the sand, even when I was wearing protective swimming shoes. Though it's not Mandarin Orientals fault that they ended up with an unenjoyable beach, I find it deeply disappointing.
So, in conclusion:

Hospitality: 10
Design: 10
View: 10
Food: 9.5
Activities: 5
Beach: 4

Rating average: 8.083 Great though the resort was already a pleasure, the beach and lack of activities made it the perfect place to "kick back, relax, and just stay that way in the sofa."

Stayed: July 2014