The Mandarin Oriental Sanya is situated away from the more popular resorts in Yaloong Bay. This is one of the most exquisite, luxurious and private resorts for those who want to avoid mass/crowd and would like exclusivity as well as serenity. At first, my other half and I were worried about missing all the water sports activities offered in Yaloong. However, when we arrived and was greeted by all the staff, all our worries went away. In fact, if you had stayed at The Mandarin, it would look most resorts in Yaloong look mass, crowded as well as banal. Hence, if you are looking for privacy, I strongly suggest you stay in one of their private villas. All their villas are situated at the end of the resort and away from all the rooms. You had the privacy and exclusity and you are being served by an exclusive professional team who only caters to your villa. Needless to say, the villas were all spacious, generous as well as private. The sound of the Waves every night were akin to some of the best tunes of an orchestra. If one were to sit down on the balcony or the pool and sit there and listen carefully, one would find nothing but serenity. It relaxes anyone who had flown in from a cosmopolitan like Tokyo. The view of the bedroom overlooks not only the nicest part off South China Sea, but also the night scenaries of DaDongHoi. Designs of the room on the second floor was picture perfect. You can wake up to the smell of the fresh unpolluted and uncrowded clear water off the coral bay. If one had been to Yaloong, one would certainly notice the massive number of children and family off the beach. However, if you would like a private, nice and quiet get away, there is no other choice than MO Sanya.
The foods at MO Sanya were also some of the best among many other resorts we had stayed at including but not limited to those at Yaloong. It stands up to the taste test of some of the top notch resorts in the World.
I would definitely not only recommend this resort to anyone wanting privacy... in fact, this newly opened resort has definitely set an example of what Hainan can become within the next 10 years... beyond that of Bali and Bangkok. In fact, MO Sanya has outdone most of its sister chains as well as top notch resorts like those in Maldives and Bali.
Enough said, MO Sanya = BOB
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay and nestled amongst lush tropical flora, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya is an exclusive retreat where nature is celebrated and tranquillity is assured. The luxury resort features a series of private low rise and villa accommodation with ocean and tropical garden views, innovative restaurants and bars, recreational facilities for both adults and children, a blissful Spa Village and distinctive indoor and outdoor conference and banqueting facilities. Located just 20 minutes from Sanya International Airport, the luxury resort provides convenient access to all of the area's major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya