We were privileged to be the first couple to host a wedding at The Mandarin Oriental Sanya. From the moment our guests arrived, the Mandarin staff treated everyone with the utmost attention and warmest hospitality. Even though the resort had opened only six months earlier (in January 2009), the facilities looked impeccable and the staff exhibited exceptional service (we learned later that the Mandarin training program for its employees is very rigorous, requiring months of training and observation before interacting with guests). Our guests are still sharing stories about their wonderful
stay and excellent experiences with the staff.
The dining, spa, and evening entertainment were all first-class. There are many restaurants on the property, which are all truly delicious. The breakfast buffet is an experience in itself - an absolutely sumptuous feast!
We had the good fortune of seeing many types of rooms at the Mandarin, since
our guests stayed in various rooms and villas at the resort. All of the rooms were extremely comfortable and beautifully designed. We also had the luxury of staying at the honeymoon villa which was truly spectacular - 2 floors of exquisite luxury, with a private infinity pool in our garden lookout, and a perfect view of the Coral Bay.
The pools on the property are a real joy - they seem to extend through all parts of the resort. It was neat finding all the hidden waterway passages leading to new pools. The water slides are also a lot of fun (for both kids and adults)!
Our wedding ceremony itself took place on the beautiful Pavilion Lawn, as the sun was setting against the romantic backdrop of the mountains and South China Sea. Our reception was held in the open air dinner area, next to the enormous flame torches which blazed against the evening sky. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding for ourselves, our family, and guests, and owe our entire experience to the amazing staff and team of The Mandarin Oriental Sanya. We definitely look forward to returning soon for an anniversary trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay and nestled amongst lush tropical flora, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya is an exclusive retreat where nature is celebrated and tranquillity is assured. The luxury resort features a series of private low rise and villa accommodation with ocean and tropical garden views, innovative restaurants and bars, recreational facilities for both adults and children, a blissful Spa Village and distinctive indoor and outdoor conference and banqueting facilities. Located just 20 minutes from Sanya International Airport, the luxury resort provides convenient access to all of the area's major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya