“Extremely Horrible Service”

Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel
Ranked #3 of 874 Hotels in Qinhuangdao
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After I checked into the hotel, the general manager of the hotel (Ms. Qiuping Chen) sent a warm welcome card to my room, which says that "if you have any needs, please feel free to contact me or our service team anytime."

This hotel's service turned to be horrible. Below is a quick example:
At around 9:20 pm, I called Room Service, ordering a glass of white wine from their menu. The Room Service clearly was either clueless or careless. The wine was never delivered. Each time I called them to chase the wine, I was given different promises or excuses, but after 2 hours they still failed to deliver the wine. I called multiple times and never got a proper answer. At the end, I asked to speak to the general manager and was told that nobody knows how to reach her. I was told that a manager will call me to explain what has happened, but no manager called me at all. Extremely poor and disappointing services at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ling H
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel located in the main scenic spot, Beidaihe in Hebei Province. Beidaihe is famous for its sea shore, but this Sheraton located in the centre of Beidaihe, but not nearby the beach. therefore this hotel do not has its private beach. If you go out from this hotel, you need to take 15 mins to go to the public beach and the view of beach is grerat. There are so many Russians in this area.
Let me talk about this hotel itself, the guest room is big and comfortable, each room has a small balcony but you could not see the view of anywhere. But the sleeping quality living experience is great, BTW, link@Sheraton in this hotel is in B1F, the computer is the best among other Sheraton hotels I lived. that`s a cool destinataion and i am willing to recommend you this hotel~

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton Q, Online Distribution Executive at Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Moune,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel and giving us such favorable comments! Your satisfaction and praises will encourage us to constantly improve our service and products in future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope to provide you with comfort and pleasant Sheraton experience as always.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The previous review about the air conditioner is probably due to the fact that the set temperature and the room temperature are out of sync. We set the temp to 22.5 and the room temp showed 24.5. For that guest that set the temp at 26, it is likely to room temp would be 28+. Just set the temp 2-3 degrees lower than your desired temperature and you should be fine.

As for the hotel it is a new, clean, modern Sheraton hotel. It has many of the things I expect from a modern Sheraton. We used Suite Night Awards to upgrade to a suite and were quite pleased. The staff is friendly and helpful.

There were a few minor things, like no toilet paper holder in the front bathroom, the living area telephone didn't work.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again next time we visit Beidaihe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Steve,

Thank you for staying with Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel and sharing your feedback. Your experiences and advice are precious to us, and we will make efforts to enhance our service and products accordingly in time.

We hope to see you again soon, and look forward to providing you a cozy and pleasant Sheraton experience as always.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Terrible. Makes Sheraton properties look bad. It was a hot day week in mid May and the hotel would turn off the air conditioning at night to save money. In my first room, I went to bed with the room temp 26. I lay awake sweating all night and when I go up in the morning it was 27. When I called, they said open a window....not much help..because it was 27 outside!

In my second room (they moved rooms for me so I could have better air conditioning) I had the same problem. Brutal. And I know for sure they just aren't running the air con at night. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Find a room with air con!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton Q, Manager at Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for all the conveniences caused to you during your stay. Your valuable feedback will help constantly improve our service and production in future. According to your reviews, we have rechecked our air-conditioning system and ensured its normal operation.

We look forward to seeing you again at Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel soon, and hope to improve your Sheraton experience with our efforts and progress.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice appearance with a modern feel, but many things in the hotel were simply not working very well during my visit, such as the air-conditioning in the rooms (which the staff could fix), long wait times for the elevators, some of the phones in the rooms. Others staying in the hotel were complaining about the same issues.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Hotel and sharing your feedback. We feel very sorry for having not provided you with a satisfying stay this time. Your experiences and advice are precious to us, and we will make efforts to enhance our service and production accordingly in time.

We hope to see you again soon, and look forward to providing you a new and pleasant Sheraton experience with our efforts and progress.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travelled to Qinhuangdao/Beidaihe with two friends for the day and went to the Sheraton to eat. Unfortunately because of the off-season, there were few amenities open in the area. The restaurant was closed, but the Manager (Kenny), went out of his way to accommodate us, but opening up the club lounge and having the chef prepare food for us. None of us have ever experienced such unrivalled customer service and walked away from the Sheraton feeling satisfied! Kenny is an amazing asset for the business, spoke perfect English, assisted with getting us a discounted taxi to the train station, and was polite and very easygoing to speak with. Could not have been happier with our visit to the Sheraton!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Beidaihe on a business trip. Unfortunately, this was in January so it was quite cold but the Sheraton hotel was quite nice and the staff were very professional. I look forward to returning during the warmer weather and staying at the Sheraton. I would recommend this hotel in particular to any westerners that are looking for lodging in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business