“Good place”
Review of World Trade Plaza

World Trade Plaza
Ranked #4 of 624 Hotels in Shijiazhuang
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Hotel was recommended to me as the "best place" in Shijiazhuang. I found the hotel to be quite good.
Rooms are spacious, the bed quite soft, meaning not the usual park bench like in other Chinese hotels and clean. Electric plugs are next to the bed and the light on and off switch are easy to reach. I stayed on the 7th floor and the problem was that my window was covered with some paper, so that I cannot see anything on the outside. After opening the window, I saw the reason: Air-conditioners and other utilities......
Bathroom has only a walk-in shower, which is perfect for me. Otherwise it is quite large and the lightning was good. Hot water came after some time, but the water pressure was not very good.
TV had all the big channels, such as CNN, BBC, Discovery, HBO, Cinemax and I think also Star Movie.
Internet was at night very fast, but during the day it came nearly to a halt. And it was free of charge. Skype worked, iChat not too well and Facetime did not work. The VPN also worked.
Breakfast was quite OK, one of the few places in China I found actual Blue Cheese. Otherwise the western dishes were not too good, with a lot of them simply cold - hash-browns simply taste better when they are hot.
Dinner looked very chinese, I went outside.
A KFC and a McDonalds are about about 100 m on the left of the hotel. (hard to see, actually behind the International Hotel)
One thing, try not to choose room 15, as this one is next to the elevators, which are going all night long... it is not too bad, but if you have the choice....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 August 2010

I wasn't a guest at the hotel, but the hotel staff helped me out with a situation. They were amazing, helping with translation, pointing me in the right direction, helping me as much as they could. So although I wasn't a guest, their service amazed me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank livinghereBeijing
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I don't think this is a 'very good' hotel so that's why I've only awarded it 3 spots, and I don't recognise it from some of the previous comments - perhaps I got there on a 'bad' weekend. Anyway, location-wise it's good - plenty of facilties around the hotel and the museum is just across the way (didn't go - actually it looked to be closed).
I found the hotel presented itself as somewhat dated and drab, the fixtures and fittings were all rather tired and worn and the room amenities were not of the standard 'international' class but more akin to 'Chinese would-be's', e.g. paper thin slippers and cheap toilet roll.
Breakfast was adequate but I thought the choice was quite limited, especially the western fayre, and service was a little haphazard throughout. Nevertheless, it was ok and generally functional but certainly nothing like any of the other 'five-star' hotels I've stayed in in China.
The biggest disappointment was going down to the health centre and finding no one on reception and all the lights off. This was early evening and it had been a baking hot day - just ready for some steam therapy. After finding some staff, they opened up but nothing was prepared and they seemed to actually think I would sit around for half an hour in my dressing gown twiddling my thumbs while I waited for the sauna to heat up from scratch. No jacuzzi going, no pool, no apology or explanation, and nothing for me to do... bizzarre.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I would have to agree with another one of the reviewers in that this place has everything you need and then some, but like many Chinese hotels, is lacking in the character department. No matter, check-in was fast and effecient. The food in the restaurant -I had both lunch and dinner there - was quite outstanding. a huge amount of choice. very clean and a fairly large room. free internet access. what more could you need at a fairly reasonable price?

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Well managed business hotel. Checking in was quick and efficient. The French assistant manager greeted us and offered his business card for any needs we may have. My room (1523) was spacious and clean, and was equipped with all the amenities a 5-star hotel would have (hot water kettle, safe deposit box, iron with ironing board, and even a pillow menu). The desk was great for working - great task lighting with 4 electric outlets and free reliable broadband. The bed was a little on the hard side but comfortable. Service was great, one of my light bulbs went out and someone came within 5 minutes to replace it. The Fitness Center was well equipped, but lighting was a little dark. The Business Center was very efficient. They were able to help me book a SJZ to Beijing train ticket. Breakfast buffet had a decent selection. The hotel is conveniently located with shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. All in all, a great business hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank zzzzzzgirl
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I live in Shijiazhuang and have had all of my business guests over the past 5 years stay in this hotel. IT has been consistently excellent and I have never had a problem. Staff are very courteous, the restaurants are great if a little pricey for this town (still cheap by NY or Shanghai standards). Located in the dead center of town with easy access to cabs, shopping, and most international company offices. As far as i am concerned this is the only hotel in this city.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2009

This hotel is very good!! very clean, very nice service, room, and very friendly staffs!
The only things need to be considered by the management is they need to raise the ability of English of their staffs, especially ones in places where the staffs have direct connection with consumers (e.g. restaurants, business center, beauty salon). I found a bellman who speaks much better and more clear English than the receptionist, and the staff salon doesn't speak English at all... for the last one, I had to use "tarzan" language to get the service,,,hahaha quite funny but okay tho'.
oya, they don't have multimedia card reader in case you need to transfer data from your gadget and forgot your data cable, and too bad they don't have swimming pool.

Despite all weaknesses, I would definately stay here again whenever I go here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family