“Frustrating!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Harbin
Edinburgh of the Seven Seas
“Frustrating!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have been living in Harbin for two and a half years already, but that was supposed to be my very first time at Hamamas. I seldom stay in Harbin on the weekends, once fun is very limited! Anyways, I went there last Saturday (Mar, 3rd). Overcrowded, but that doesn't mean necessarily too many people as the place is very tiny and that was my first disappointment! We got a waiting card and stayed outside, of course! After some 20 minutes, we were the next ones to get a table, we decided to wait inside as it was too cold and we were freezing. The waitress didn't like to see us in there, but that was all! After a few minutes, everyone that was waiting outside decided to get in due to the cold weather and then the waitress changed completely her behaviour! From one minute to another, she came to us and yelled that we should go outside as we were getting in her way, however there were a lot of people doing just the same as us and we were the next group (there were 4 of us) to get seats! But I don't leave my house to be in such situations, I am not used to that and I do appreciate politeness, something that "that" waitress doesn't ever have an idea what it is, so me and my friends just left the place!

Is food good? I don't really know! People say it is, but with the "service" they provide, I don't want to find out whether it is true or not! Hamamas, never again!

By the way, I do hope the owner of that place can read these reviews as I've heard that he moved to the US with his family and now her wife's family is running the café, so, my friend, an advice...either return to Harbin as soon as possible or talk to her wife's folks that if they don't know what politeness means, we can teach them, with no charge at all! Otherwise they will close your café down in a very short time!

If one is in Harbin, believe me, there are a few other very good places to have a good and tasty food! Do try them!

4 Thank TrekkingGuy10

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Very bad!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The food is very good! But the place and then service is very very terrible!!!
I and my friends didn't not return the place any more!

3 Thank Limeili
Brazil
“No place to sit down, no place to wait, no politeness from staff and clients”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The restaurant is so popular among students and foreigners that live in Harbin but on the other hand, so small and there isn´t area enough to accomodate all clients, including off-peak hours.
Even the clients, that already finish the meal, never vacate the tables for others clients that are standing waiting and the restaurant employee only asks to you wait outside, even at the winter time.
it is frustrating because the dishes, juices, coffe, desserts, etc are delicious, maybe, the best one in Harbin.

2 Thank Yuri_Capi
Newport Beach, California
“amazing!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

its probably the only legit western restaurant!! their food is amazing!! just too generous on the dressings and sauces. its a really small restaurant and always full so dont expect to show up and be seated right away. they have great deserts! even carrot cake! :)
their drinks aren't that good though. just overly sweetened stuff. but their burgers, club sandwiches, and chicken salads are just a little taste of home.
if you miss western food go to hamamas!! its definitely worth a trip and the long wait!

Harbin
“Great Food, Good Coffee, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Great western food, coffee and deserts. If you need a break from Chinese food this is probably the best place in Harbin to get it. A relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Around 50 yuan for a meal, drink, and desert. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2011