“Nice Architecture”

3-Day Harbin City Private Tour with Ice and Snow Festival with Lunch
US$256.00*
2-Day Harbin City Private Tour with Ice and Snow Festival with Lunch
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would recommend reading up on a some of the churches history prior to visiting. It just gives it more feeling.

The church wasn't as big as I expected and at the time I wasn't able to go inside, but the architecture was beautiful. The building is located in a large square and you are able to walk completely around the church. This gives you many different angles to to take photos from. Best time to visit would be around late afternoon (in my opinion). I went in the morning and it was very hot but not as many people. The sun seemed to be right in the way of when I wanted to take pictures.

Also, when I visited there were many birds and when photographing they flew around. That gave my photos a unique effect and added to my experience.

1  Thank slayer4ya

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is totally a nice spot to have some pictures, even a couple did their pre wedding shots when we were there. However, I suggest to not enter the church. The fee was 20 RMB (we got 10 each thanks for being a student in China) but you actually cannot see anything good inside. It was just some photographs inside and nothing more.

1  Thank Abraham S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Picturesque outside. Church is now a Harbin historical photo museum, which is interesting and worth price of admission. Especially interesting to see how they cleared the square of all the clutter.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

St. Sofia's was great. It's beautiful to look upon from the outside (see it by day AND night if possible) but it's definitely worth the nominal fee to go inside. The interior is Harbin's history in photographs. There's very little English, but you can still get a clear idea of what built this eclectic city.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The church on the outside was beautiful. I loved the architecture and the Russian culture that it brought to the city. The downside is that it has not been well maintained and that just seems like a waste. Its 20rmb to go in for a 5-10 min walk through of pictures of the city of Harbin. Its definitely worth going to see, but you don't have to go inside.