“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dorsett Wuhan

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dorsett Wuhan
Ranked #14 of 2,300 Hotels in Wuhan
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at the Dorsett Wuhan one week ago, a great hotel except that you need to call for a taxi when you want to go to other places. The Hotel is situated in a very best location where you can spend plenty of time walking around so many shopping arcades, shops and small eating places.
All the fast food restaurants are just around the corner. I like the place very much and I certainly will visit this great hotel again and again in the near future whenever I visit Wuhan. Hotel rate are reasonable prices, room are clean , bed are good. I stayed for 5 days.
I give a thumb up.

Room Tip: For a lower price room come without window if you dont mind but if you like to see scenery from a hi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PoweRails

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Dorsett in September 2013, The room was beautiful, the staff were very very good. Fanny showed us our room and gave us a very good price, She was excellent to us, we will always return to this hotel from now. The location is the best, the breakfast was very good. Nothing was too much trouble for the people working there.....

Room Tip: We took the business room. Very large.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank malandqianqian
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is my first time in wuhan city,I booked this hotel room online with pre-paid offer.It's a 4 star hotel in the most popular street.location was great,near the subway station.Local people called"luxury hotel in the street" and I think they were right!!!! The breakfast was tasty!!!!and the bed was great.Had a wonderful night here!

Room Tip: I think higher floor could be better to see the city view....and also with a window...LOL
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Condans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel is located right in the middle of famous walking street of Wuhan, where houses the shopping and eateries. However, it's a bit hard to get taxi as it is located at the end of walking street side road. Hotel is quite new and room is comfortable. Most importantly, the price is reasonable in view of it's great location.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ngukw88
Albury, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is my 2nd stay at the Dorsett and even though the location is the main reason I stay here I am still happy to recommend it. The rooms are big, clean (no smoke smell) and comfortable (as comfortable as hard Chinese beds can be...). I couldn't get wifi in the foyer but could in my room. Room temp was OK and nice hot water and good water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was OK, plenty to choose from (although no bacon) and fortunately one of the staff spoke some English so could tell the chef my order, she wasn't there the 2nd day but the chef remembered what I had the day before.
Only 'faults' are can be difficult to get a taxi but the concierge usually manages one in a short time and most staff only speak very limited English but that's probably more my fault for not bothering to learn Mandarin, and I had an Chinese friend with me so wasn't a problem this trip.

Room Tip: Some Superior rooms don't have a window but that should be stated before making the booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank carolyn m
zhang d, Director of Sales at Dorsett Wuhan, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Carolyn, We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again, our hotel will keep improving and try to do best for every guest. we are sincerely looking forword to your next visit.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Spent one night here on the way to Shanghai. A five hour coach trip followed by a six hour train journey. Why stop in Wuhan? I have no idea but it is something I have complained about to my tour company. With this in mind I shall try and offer a non biased review of the hotel.

The reception staff were friendly and efficient,
The rooms wow, they were massive, office space a separate lounge area that would have been great for an extended stay. For one night however I simply found the room too big and a little impersonable.
The location is great right in the middle of town where there are plenty of western style shops and restuarants.
The lobby wifi didn't work although there were alternatives in the restaurant.
The breakfast can only described as dreadful. Cold, tasteless and offering little choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chubbyluvdrink
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I and two colleagues booked three rooms at the Hotel Dorsett for three nights in March 2013. We arrived late at night and six hours later we checked out to find another hotel. I am always cautious about believing highly negative reviews but our experience was truly terrible. In fact we booked these rooms based on positive reviews on trip advisor and we still can't believe we were at the same hotel. First, we believed the hotel had non-smoking rooms as advertised on the website but the entire hotel smelled like a smokestack. All rooms had ashtrays. There is no such thing as a non-smoking room at this hotel. If you do not like smoke permeating everything in your room, do not stay at this hotel. If you do not mind cigarette smoke, then you may like the hotel. Other than the smoke, the carpet in our room had small burns everywhere and we were careful not to walk barefoot anywhere. My two colleagues froze in their rooms and the thermostat didn't work. When one of my colleagues (Chinese) asked about this, he was told by the front desk that the heat purposely wasn't turned on. The wifi didn't work anywhere and one of my colleagues tried several different floors to try and find a place where he could get reception. Other reviews indicated that the breakfast was very good but we found many of the dishes to be greasy and overcooked.
From our point of view, there is nothing about this hotel that we could recommend. We booked into the Renaissance Marriot and it was wonderful. I highly recommend going there even if it is a little bit more expensive. Despite all the positive reviews, I hope my comments will at least prompt you to consider carefully whether you want to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business