“A good place for fun”
Review of Wuhan Zoo

Wuhan Zoo
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Wuhan zoo is located at Hanyang District the tickets is 15RMB .Is a good place for fun,If you want to make more commucaton with you child and get close to nature is a best place to chose.Animial are our friends they need humanbeings care. so if you have time go there and try to talk with them maybe our world will becoming more and more beautiful.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Wow. What to say about this zoo. Um, well, it has animals. Actually, the landscaping of the zoo is nice and widespread. The same cannot be said for the animal habitats. Very small enclosures. Despite multiple signs posted everywhere, people throw food at the animals. I'm not sure why, but there are peacocks wandering around random animal cages. The "zookeepers" seem completely clueless about the diets of certain animals. I saw a worker give a chimpanzee a bottle of Sprite. Without opposable thumbs, the chimp opened it and took a drink. Most of the animals look sickly. I have been in plenty of zoos in my lifetime, but I have never been to one that smelled as bad as this one. I have gone multiple times to this zoo (it is very affordable for a family of 5), but I always leave feeling like I just witnessed animal cruelty. Also, the toilets in this place are the worst in all of China. I will "hold it" for up to 8 hours to avoid getting near the nasty urine trough! If you have nothing better to do and want to see what a "people for the ethical treatment of animals" nightmare, by all means, stop by.

3  Thank Boilermakernurse
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The first time I visited this zoo, I was totally disappointed because I didn't know I only saw the front part of the zoo, where it looked more like an animal cruelty circus, an old amuzement park etc. However, I insisted going a second time because I knew there were a lot of the animals I didn't see the first time.......they are all staying quietly at the very back of the zoo....near the lake.Pandas, smaller pandas and many other animals. Avoid going on chinese public holidays, esp June 1, Children's Day in China.

1  Thank nickiBH
Reviewed 28 October 2011

went in August...super hot and humid...I'd avoid summer months. take the trolley around if you have small children...the walk in was rather long and the zoo was bigger than expected. I've been to a lot of zoos in and outside of China. In comparision to other chinese zoos this was pretty good...no Beijing Zoo, but still not bad. Don't expect US standards. Keep expectations low and you may be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank fucuixia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The management is so bad, all the animals smell, peopel throw rubbish everywhere. It is really a bad experience for me and my 2 year old son.

2  Thank Championlili