“Awesome place”

Wanda Reign Wuhan
Ranked #14 of 2,325 Hotels in Wuhan
“Awesome place”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Good breakfast! Lots of variety, food is very good. Good service, friendly staff. Hotel is very fancy, the lobby is pretty amazing, it is supposed to be the best hotel in town. And shopping area nearby is very convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Reign Wuhan, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that your overall experience during your stay in our hotel for both hardware and software was up to your expectation or even exceeded your expectation.

We are constantly working on improving our service levels in order to maintain the leader in the market.

It would be our pleasure welcoming you back.

Boris Blobel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review about how hard it is to book this hotel from overseas. In the end, I stayed in this hotel for three nights in May. I had to say the hardware is flawless - it's a bit Beverlyhillbellish, but I had the best sleep ever on the 200,000 yuan mattress. The hallway and room wall- covering is mostly fabric, lobby is huge. It is convenient to go shopping or eating in Han Jie (street) and to take a walk along the east lake.

The reason of the 4 star rating is not based on the hardware, but software. When I stayed there, there was no classification of smoking or non smoking floors and rooms. I talked to the manager before departure and inquired about the reason. I was told that it would put off most of the prospective customers. I hope they will change that decision because if they don't, once the smoke gets into the fabric covered walls, it would ruin the image of the entire hotel.

It's also worth mentioning that the noise level was quite high day and night due to the construction of the attached theatre when I stayed there in May.

All the staff I encountered were very
friendly. However, compared to the staff at Hangzhou Four Seasons and Shanghai Peninsula, one can easily see the lacking in high quality job training. I ordered an espresso at the lobby cafe. The biscuits were delicious, in fact the best ever, but the espresso was cold. When I asked for cream. I was told that they only had milk. I knew they had cream in the guest rooms and was surprised that the staff did not even make an effort to get any for the lobby coffee/bar.

I believe that the management should be responsible for training high quality staff and empowering them to do the right thing for the guests reasonable requests.

Overall, I think this is the best hotel in Wuhan.

I also want to urge the management to impose the smoking vs. non- smoking classification to preserve the quality, beauty and integrity of this hotel.

A tip: the hotel has a nice swimming pool, but you need to bring a swim cap or otherwise you have to purchase one there. The fitness center is nice, you can have it to yourself. The hair salon on the 2nd floor was excellent, and inexpensive according to western standard. They don't do room charge though.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Reign Wuhan, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your second review, showing with your rating that your first review and rating was not related to the hotel hardware or software, but to the reservation process from overseas.

I am glad to read that there were many aspects related to our hardware that impressed you during your three nights stay, whilst I also appreciate your constructive feedback given related to our software. Without feedback from seasoned travelers like you we would not be able to constantly improve our services.

All your points have been communicated with the relevant departmental managers and appropriate measures have already been taken, especially related to our internal team members' skills training. Only a skillful and experienced team can deliver service levels that are expected in the top luxury hotel industry.

I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back so that you can personally enjoy a true 7 star experience.

Wuhan
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very good hotel. Personal with quality. Good expérience. The room are very spacious bathroom very big with shower. I recommend the japànese restaurant very good. Aroûnd this hôtel very Nice shopping and a big wanda mall.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Doudou198
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am very glad to read that we exceeded your expectations in all aspects during your recent stay with us.

It is our utmost goal to ensure a consistent 7 star experience at all times.

We hope that we get the opportunity to show it to you once again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

As a disclaimer, this review is not about staying at this hotel, it is about making a reservation to stay at this hotel.

I am originally from Wuhan and had always been disappointed with the services of the Wuhan's so-claimed 5-star luxury hotels. I am going back in a few days for a visit and a friend of mine in Wuhan told me about this new 7-star hotel. My husband wanted to book this hotel for me as a surprise. He is a hotel snob so he went on trip advisor for reviews. Satisfied with what he read, he was ready to call the hotel to make the reservation, as he believes, the good hotel service starts with making reservation. He got a number from Wanda Reign website, which starts with the right city code 027 and ends with 8888 - looks right. He called around 12:00am Beijing time and the phone rang and rang till it got disconnected. Then he found another Wanda Reign Wuhan website where it says "always book Wanda Hotels through this website" but with a 020 city code. He called this number, no one answered. He went back to the websites to see whether he could book directly from these websites, neither worked. At this point, he broke the surprise to me and thought perhaps their websites in Chinese would work. I tried, in both Safari and Internet Explorer - no luck. The whole experience makes me wonder, how could a hotel without 24 hours front-desk reception and no properly working website claim itself to be a 7-star hotel?

I will keep my mind open though. If I do decide to stay at this hotel during my visit, I will definitely share my experience here.

Room Tip: I will if I do decide to stay there. If you really want to stay there, book through Expedia, book...
Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank J L
Lisa W, General Manager at Wanda Reign Wuhan, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Wanda Reign Wuhan! Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience about your reservation experience, and thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Based on your feedback, I would like to make some clarifications that will avoid such misunderstandings in the future,

1. The phone no. 027-59008888 belongs to Wanda Realm Wuhan—which is the first hotel that appears under “Wuhan city” on www.wandahotels.com. Our hotel phone no. is 027-5959 9999.

2. The website www.wandareignwuhan.com was unfortunately registered by a travel agency long before our opening, and we therefore do not have any affiliation with it. Our official website is www.wandahotels.com.

Keeping in mind the above mentioned information, please let us know how we may be of service to you when you decide to book your next stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you and I am confident that our elite service team will give you an unforgettable experience at Wanda Reign Wuhan.

Kind Regards,

Stefan Huemer
Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 April 2014

we tried this hotel because it was the newest and claimed to be the first 7 stars (Chinese standard) in China.

If you like luxurious style, marble, gold, crystals etc., you will be fulfilled here. Everything is sparkling. The mattress is legendary and costs RMB200,000 each. Hermes toiletries.

However, if you prefer nature and simple elegance style, this may not be your hotel.

They try their best to meet international standard. However, if for some reasons you have to wait while they do their processing at the front desk, be prepared. They asked us to take a seat first while we waited but the only set of sofa was across on the other side of foyer which was as big as a football court! Half way up they called us back to ask a small question so we walked back the football court.Such a gigantic lobby sure looks grand, but with only one set of sofa meters away doesn't seem very practical.

We had breakfast and dinner buffets. Both were very satisfactory. In fact dinner was the best among all other 5 star hotels in Wuhan.

Location is excellent, within two minutes to the most famous shopping/dining area Han Street, where you can even take a boat trip to the East Lake, and skip all the chaotic land traffic.

Spa quiet and serene overlooking the lake but the water temperature in the pool might be a bit chilly for young kids.

Overall good for the price and you do not prefer sparkling luxury, the other Wanda Hotel (Realm) is just opposite the street. It is also a good choice but without the blinding glitter everywhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, Manager at Wanda Reign Wuhan, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for your constructive comments and certainly the nice words about our Hotel.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you during your check in. Necessary measures have been taken and this kind of happening will not be repeated.
It would be our utmost honor to welcome you back to The Wanda Reign Wuhan in due course.

Yours truly,

Stefan O. Huemer
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

A new hotel has risen in Wuhan and their motto is "Elegance, Extravagance and Excellence". They tout themselves as a 7-star experience and they are definitely living up to this. The lobby is a spectacle in and of itself with an expansive wall which is an artistic portrayal of the historic East Lake area of Wuhan where the hotel is located. Marble and granite abound, along with gold, jade and water features. Staff are attentive and abundant. The international restaurant includes 3 serving areas and food preparation is done with flair and artistry. Rooms include every amenity needed including high tech Japanese toilets that meet every need. Mood lighting, flower arrangements, luxurious carpeting, and extensive art and wall coverings make your stay more than ever, a learning experience. The hotel is the culmination of an effort to add a new cultural attraction to the Wuchang and East Lake reputation. And, IT CERTAINlY does this, as a feature of the Han Street experience. You will be wowed.
IN

Room Tip: Higher floors and on the west side offer view of the interesting Han Street area. East side offers...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Lisa W, Manager at Wanda Reign Wuhan, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Ms Sharon R , thank you very much for choosing Wanda Reign Wuhan as your first choice. We are glad to know that you had this enjoyable experience for stay with us and appreciate your positive feedback. Wanda Reign Wuhan will provide you a stay experience of elegance, extravagance and excellence. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Wanda Reign Wuhan in the near future. Thank you once again for your support and appreciation for long.