“I asked for late chekc out at 14:00 and frontdesk was ok...”

Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang
Ranked #11 of 2,343 Hotels in Wuhan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wuhan, China
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I spent a couple nights here, and was impressed with the breakfast buffet, dinner and staff service. There is a lot of vehicular traffic at the roundabout outside, however there is a metro station close by which is convenient to get to Hankou. I was a little bit disappointed that the swimming pool and sauna were closed for renovation during my stay. Maybe I will return someday again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
fiona y, PR.E at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest, your commendation is highly appreciated. The swimming pool and QI SPA has been renovation completed in 2013.We hope you will return again very soon.
Alto, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel has, sorry, really gone downhill. OK, Wuhan is a lousy place and most likely you are only looking for a place to bed down for the night, and choices are limited in Wuchang. But this hotel is sorry, overpriced (check out the price for a Qingdao beer in the bar), noisy (just try to ignore the traffic circle noise), not so good exec lounge (Great Wall wine, are you kidding??) and not very Western friendly (just try to find a bed in the hotel that isn't typical Chinese hard-as-a-rock). If you don't mind these factors, and the fact of paying top rate, on the good side the breakfast is decent selection and if you are in the Optics Valley area it is close. As for me, I am OK to drive an extra 30 minutes to the Renaissance or an extra 40 to the Holiday Inn in Hanyang. Either is a better choice and value for my money (especially the Holiday with the Toucan bar!)

Room Tip: Try to get away from the traffic circle side. Also, they tend to shut the compressors off to save m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to the hotel.We appreciate the feedback you have provided.we are currently working to improve the service and atmosphere for our guests. By the way,you can enjoy our best rate by booking in advance,and weekend promtion also have suprise rate.Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.
Florence
Reviewed 24 December 2013

In this Year I spent in Ramada Plaza optics Valley Wuhan 2 months, I always choose this hotel as I always find best professional support a nice elegant environment and a warm friendly behaviour from all people in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

fiona y, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear guest, Thank you for your outstanding compliments of our environment and staff. We value our loyal guests and we hope to welcome you again very soon.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for three nights for a business trip. I found the service to be very good. For example, when the wifi wasn't working in my room they brought a dedicated router to my room which solved the problem. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide range of choices. My room was quite noisy as it faced the square but the location provides good access to shopping, restaurants, and no fewer than 3 Starbucks. Not to mention that the subway line 2 is right outside the front door. New, modern, and very easy to use, I strongly recommend the subway at all opportunities to avoid the traffic snarls.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GlobalJess
fiona y, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.
Rolla
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is very convenient when visiting Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST). I have stayed there twice, and were completely satisfied both times. Breakfast buffet has lots of selections with excellent food quality. Try the dinner buffet, too, if you can. Room is large and clean. No complains.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
fiona y, Manager at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments of our Breakfast buffet offering in Plaza Cafe. We hope you will return again very soon.