“Very comfortable hotel with caring staff”
Review of Ramada Yichang

Ramada Yichang
Ranked #2 of 366 Hotels in Yichang
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We spent a long weekend at the Ramada Yichang and we're very pleasantly surprised by the luxurious accommodation. Everything is in beautiful condition, our room was very comfortable in every way.
The friendly employees went out of their way to make us feel at home. In particular Tracy and Rachel took excellent care of us. The breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty. We found our extended breakfast sessions very pleasant because the restaurant is so spacious and quiet. There's WiFi everywhere, and it works well. We like the Ramada's central location, too.
If and when we make it back to Yichang we will definitely stay at the Ramada again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had a two night stay at the Yichang Ramada while I waited for my cruise. The room was great - nice bed, well decorated, spotless shower (with bath below), English channels on the TV. Wifi worked OK, but not spectacularly, and did not like my VPN, so I had no access to Facebook or Twitter.

I did have a problem, as the booking website I used at sold me a "deluxe with breakfast" package but then specified no breakfast. The staff on check in checked with their reservations people and were not going to give me the benefit of the doubt. Even when I obtained a corrected booking voucher (too late for my first morning), the check in staff had to work hard to persuade the powers within the hotel that I should have breakfast but the point is, they did - I think one was even instructed to ring the booking website directly - and maintained a very professional, charming even, approach at all times. So, given this, maybe it was no surprise that the staff at the restaurant knew who I was when I came in for breakfast. The range of goodies on offer made the battle worthwhile, and the coffee was very good - hot and strong.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

there last night for business. The hotel is nice , clean and not noisy.
No any problem with LAN connection and quick check in and check out time !! this is important in China.

Good breakfast with all kind of international food: corn flakes , marmelade, yogurt, eggs.......

A really good choice in YICHANG

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed 3 night and really enjoyed this hotel. I had a refreshing sleep here after long working and traveling days.
Location: Central, walking distance to CBD, Park and River.
Lobby: well designed rich interior, service polite and english speaking, german beer bar attached
Rooms: well equipped, nice detailed and decorated, international channels, free wifi and Lan.
Breakfast: large buffet with Chinese and Western food options, eggs to your liking, self service espresso machine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is centrally located, the beds are soft (that's worth mentioning in china) and the rooms are nice and clean. it would be perfect if the room service was a bit better. (sadly they were unable to deliver items at 22.00 that their menue said would be available until 23.00.) the concierge is very capable at organizing tours to the three gorges dam area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The hotel helped make my stay in Yichang a pleasant one.

The breakfast was outstanding. Eggs or noodles cooked to order. All manner of fruits, vegetables, hot items, pastries and juices were set out, including western and eastern foods. A single serving coffee machine was nearby. Ours meals were included in the room price. Although I did not try, a friend said room service was not as good.

The room we had was small, but functional. The bed was OK, more like a firm sofa than a soft bed you find in a western hotel. Bathroom was good, including soap and shampoo and big fluffy towels. A large 32" TV had about 50 stations, including about 10 English speaking channels. One of those was HBO with a good running selection of movies. There were free waters in the room (2 bottles per day).

Our room was 400RMB, but for 700RMB friends got a suite, which was very nice. A separate den with pullout bed, and a patio with a chair and great view.

The central air conditioning did not seem to work very well in any of the rooms our party had, several people complained of being too warm.

The gym was decent. Three older treadmills with individual TV's and an elliptical machine. About 8 machine weights, and a rack of dumb bells. Also, there was a separate yoga room. Towels were provided as well as free bottled water. The staff told me it opened at 10am, but its stated and actual hours were 7-23.

There were three bars in the lobby. One was a hotel bar, which was pretty quiet. Then, attached (but apparently separately owned) is a coffee/beer bar. Go upstairs from there is a full bar with liquor. Lots of locals seem to come in, and play the dice drinking game. Besides some local beer, the bar has some good German beer.

The location was good. A fun park across the street was like a continuous carnival. There were all manners of games and rides for the little kids. For a unique Chinese experience, try the haunted house ride and the caves (WWII bunker tour). There is all kinds of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ethan B
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Smooth check in and pleasant staff

We were put on the 24th level executive wing and even though we were late back from the factory the staff organised to get us a drink and some snacks and fruit, all we wanted after a big lunch so this was very much appreciated

Nice bedroom and lovely bed, flat screen TV (with CNN, Discovery and NatGEo), nice bathroom.

I think the hotel is less than a year old.

Our business rate with breakfast was really great.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: 20 and above are the executive level and worth the extra