Shangri-La Hotel Hohhot
US$44
  • Breakfast included
US$43
  • Fitness centre
All reviewshome away from homecorner roomswimming capexcellent choiceon dutybuffet breakfastnice hotelswimming poolprevious staycentral areabusiness tripother hotelsfive starreception staffnoodlesloungegym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2013

There are not many reasons to travel to Hohhot but this hotel must be high on anyones list.
Without exception all staff from manager to housekeeping are helpful, polite and caring and personal.
A genuine pleasure to stay and looking foward to my return whenever that will be

Room Tip: Try one overlooking the park and sports stadium
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DenisSowler
jeffrey y, Resident Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Hohhot, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Mr.Sowler,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Shangri-La Hotel. I am pleased to know that your stay with us is an enjoyable one.

We truly value and appreciate your feedback as it greatly assists us in our continuous efforts to improve and bring our standards to a high level. We will be sharing your favorable comments with our colleagues which comes as a result of their hard work.

Mr. Sowler if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at fax number 86-471-3328887 or drop me an email at jeffrey.yuan@shangri-la.com

It is our aim to provide consistent, warm, friendly and sincere service to our guests like your good self, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Huhhot in the near future.

Jeffrey Yuan

Resident Manager

Reviewed 16 December 2012

This was my first time in this property and as most of the times you stay at Shangri la Hotels, service was very good with a service that many other 5 stars properties in China can't never achieve. Rooms were comfortable with big shower and bath up area.

The coffee shop was just fine, nothing special, but at least you got many options to choose either at breakfast or lunch. All the times I had a meal there, service was very good.

The location is in downtown and going out from the hotel at the left side you will get after 10 minutes walking to an intersection with some shopping malls. If you cross the street, the mall in front of you has a big supermarket at the basement.

If you need to stay in Hohhot this may be the best option.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I came back to the Shangri-la of Hohhot in Inner Mongolia last week, where I used to stayed at least 1 night each month back in 2007. I was so happy to see that everything is as excellent as before, they still have kept the upmost courtesy to all their guest, no matter where you are or whom you met, housekeeper, gymcenter staff, buffet breakfast and laundry service! They just tried to do everything in the most detailed way so their guest will be satisfied.
But still have to point out that the room service delivered the wrong food when I was quite hungry and eagerly waiting for the food in the mid of the night : ( Well, hope they will do better.

Room Tip: They have connecting room which made me a bit unconfortable, if you also do mind, ask to avoid in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Really nice Shangri La with pleasant welcome, lovely room, really good gym and great breakfast. Free wifi, flat screen tv's, wet room shower all part of facilities.

I was greeted with a nice fruit basket which was great.

Look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I really appreciate the hotel's 4D3N package to Gegentala grassland and Sounding Bay desert. It's such an eye-opening experience! The hotel is very comfortable. The staff is very sweet, helpful and friendly. The only disappointment in the package is the itinerary didn't go with what actually happened. Specifically, we were supposed to watch the wrestling performance during lunch on our first day of arrival at the grassland. But it didn't happen and we were quite disappointed. We also opine that the buffet lunch and dinner at Xin's Cafe are mediocre, in terms of varieties and tastes of food, as well as timeliness of service. One last point is that the room is very warm at night even I set the room temperature to 15 degree celcius. I suspected the temperature was in fact fixed. Anyway, we had a very enjoyable and memorable holiday at Inner Mongolia arranged by Shangri-la.

Room Tip: The Horizon Executive Suite is very comfortable. I like it so bright!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family