“FANTASTIC Hotel and Exceptional Service!!”

Suzhou Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,495 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I travel throughout China a lot for business and I cannot say enough good about this hotel. Starting with the service, best I have ever seen. I always return whenever I stay in Suzhou. I am treated so well by everyone. They are always at your service for whatever you could need. I have always received upgraded rooms with my status and although they aren't ultra modern, they are laid out good, clean and comfortable. I feel at home during my long stays.

The lounge is outstanding and the best I have experienced throughout Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Suzhou. Great variety of food and you are waited on for anything you could want.

They go out of their way to make your stay as good as possible and because of this, I have had to give some US hotels bad reviews because they need to learn from this hotel what great customer service is all about. This is long overdue but I also want to say how great Mei Leong was. She was the director of rooms and went out of her way to accommodate me with excellent service.

I even showed up like 2 months later and they had a pair of my socks waiting for me that I had forgot the last time I stayed.

This hotel deserves more than 5 stars for customer service and hospitality!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Marriott Suzhou has proved itself as top notch hospitality provider.
From the moment walk in to the lobby, we been greet and offer assistant until the moment we leave the hotel, the warm hospitality service make my day.
Location:
Even the hotel is not located at the commercial area, but it's quite covenience for us to either take taxi (there is taxi standby at the hotel) or 10 minutes walk to metro station(I try both).
Reception:
Efficiency and polite, check in process is rapid and professional without any trouble.
Room:
Sumptuous and elegant, well designated room with working desk, comfortable bed, huge bathroom, what can we ask for more?
Restaurant:
Coffee House provided plenty selection of breakfast choices, more than we can eat with good quality and service. Italian Restaurant is fantastic, from ambience to service...Chinese Restaurant food quality is excellent i love the wasabi potato salad so much( i will miss it).
Facilities
There is a swimming pool and gym, but i dint use it cause i dont want to spend my holiday time in swimming pool and gym.
Overall:
I will highly recomended to stay in this hotel, and i will be back...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ideatraveller
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here on my first trip ever to China. This hotel beats all others I've stayed at outside the US by a long shot. Big comfortable room. Great food at dinner and breakfast buffet was amazing with Asian and western options. General manager greeted me on way out to make sure stay was positive. Enough English was spoken to prevent issues.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Room was hot during my stay. When I talk with the hotel management in lobby, they thought I did something wrong with the ac controller, really terrible! I met Vigel when checked out, she was really great, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JohnyWilliams
Joseph B, General Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear JohnyWilliams,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with the Engineering and Housekeeping teams who will continue to monitor the room temperature during the summer months. My apologies for this issue, the lobby team have been briefed to report all guest comments so that we may proactively follow up. I am happy to read that your check out experience was on a positive note, thank you for sharing this experience, I will let Vigil know about your wonderful comments on her service.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcome you back to Marriott Suzhou.

Yours Sincerely

Joseph

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Near metro station and scenary sites like Tiger Hill, Lingering Garden. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast buffet was just ok, and had both Chinese and Western Style items, not as good as those in some other similar hotels in China I have been too. But that is not a big problem for me. I would definitely stay again next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I visit the SZ Marriott a couple of times a year, and had learned that a couple of the key managers left the hotel since my last stay. The service has always been excellent, so I was a bit concerned that things could have declined. Fortunately, the service level did not miss a beat. From check in to check out the service was perfect. The staff has excellent English language skills and always seems to anticipate their guests needs. I especially like to see familiar faces welcome me in the lobby every time I arrive and depart the hotel during my stay.

The rooms are big, beautiful, and well maintained. Towels and sheets are new and soft. The bed is comfortable and rooms are very quiet. The breakfast buffet is amazing with dozens of western and Asian choices, as well as a great bakery and fresh juice bar.

The Marriott Suzhou has always felt like a home away from home for me, and the new management team seems to have seamlessly integrated into the operation. The staff is well trained, and they make their guests feel special. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rochtoga
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed one night at Suzhou Marriott, Halloween 2012.

Booked a junior suite and was upgraded to executive suite which is much more specious. Impressive service of staff at front desk, courteous room service attendant. My floor was high but unfortunately no view except the blocks down there. You cannot have it all, I guess. Stay was great, I love the room concept, espicially for the bed and bathroom. The color was all in a tone of dark red / black, a bit depress for couple like us, or let's say the hotel tend to be a BUSINESS one. Went down to the Bar at Lobby which was supposed to have a Halloween theme party turn out no more than 10 people (including band and hostesses)in there. Therefore, we went to some other Bars outside.

The location is average. Did not see much more dinning options around, neither for Bars. And We had a hard time finding hotel and had to call Concierge twice as we drove from Shanghai.

A short but sweet Hallowenn memory with Marriott Suzhou Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple