InterContinental Suzhou
US$55
Agoda.com
US$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake viewjinji lakeriva restaurantgreat hotelsteak restaurantamusement parkindian foodbusiness tripthe club loungetimes squarebusiness travelerduty managershopping mallindoor poolrooms are spaciousbreakfast buffetpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have stayed in over 25 countries and 10X that many different hotels and this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The service is understated but seamlesly executed. You never felt smothered by attention, but everyone was very attentive. The rooms are fabulously appointed with a great view of the lake. Definitly take advantage of the club level.

1  Thank FamilydiversII
icsuzhou, Manager at InterContinental Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post to us your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Suzhou. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped make your visit enjoyable. We strive to achieve excellence at every level and to learn that our professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed, is the best reward.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

One of the best hotel i've ever stayed in...
Room was amazing- Speckless, huge bathroom with amazing bathtub, plush bathrobes and bedroom slippers, on-demand movies for free... Location is great- view over the lake and walking distance to many eateries and malls..
Best of all- great service! i checked out of the hotel without realizing my passport was still in the hotel safe. The hotel promptly contacted me and i was so grateful for that! Thank you so much!
We do have a little gripe about being charged the price of 2 pots of tea when we were only served one pot as 2 of us ordered the same type of tea at the lounge. However, this was promptly taken care of by the ever-polite waitress after our feedback.
A 5-star hotel indeed!

Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to the InterContinental Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Room what room , apartment more like , so Much room I could have played football , bath to die for , shower was lovely !
Royal ambassador upgrade with gift on check in, very very impressed at the treatment . First intercontinental to give me a gift as a royal ambassador ;)
Hotel very very clean , club lounge for the evening a little undesirable , girls watching made me feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, was watched everytime we moved towards the snacks. Also to be asked if we finished " munching" was not quite expected and think they need to stamp on this one.
We had an issue with one of the rooms but I have to say this was sorted and I mean very rapidly and adequately there was no messing just sorted .
Impressed I was !

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post to us your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Suzhou. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped make your visit enjoyable. We are sorry that our staff of Club InterContinental could not meet your expectation, we will definitely improve on this aspect as guest satisfaction is always our first priority.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the InterContinental Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is my first experience of any of the hotels in the intercon brand (though when it comes to roughing it I do love me a Holiday Inn Express).

I've been in the hotel for about 2 hours, which gives me enough perspective to write the first impression review, which I feel is generally constant with my long term feelings about a property (except for brand new ones... see Andaz Shanghai). In fact, my opinion of a property generally never gets any better than the first impression.

Experiences:

Entrance: above average, although the sailor suits on the bellmen can go... what is this a chinese high school staging of the HMS Pinafor?

Check-in: average... I'm generally cranky if I am not greeted at the curb and wisked directly to my room so I will let this one slide...

Room: Above-average for the world... average for what I expect out of a five star in China. Decent decor. Passibly stylish. Good space. Bathroom OK. More switches than Dr. Dre's Impala, which in this case is not a good thing

and the creme de la creme...

The club lounge: Excellent. The cocktail hour is top shelf. Excellent food selection. Decor is very comforting... Feels like I am in a much larger version of a very comfortable living room... It reminds me of something the W would have in it if it stopped doing ecstasy every time it went to Cochella... Actually that's the Andaz.

The price - Super Excellent. Its peanuts for a hotel of this quality.

bonus points: fleet foxes playing on the stereo in the club...

Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't cheap out... get a lake view. Your company is probably paying for it...
1  Thank JIm C
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Reviewed 16 June 2012

As with all the new hotels in china, they have a really great facility. Rooms are great etc. Of course there are the normal ripoffs like paying for wifi, and food and drinks exhorbitant but what can you do. It is located in the Suzhou Industrial Park, so it is served pretty close by with a range of food and shopping choices.
Again with a new hotel in China, they have many staff because of the low wages. It is kind of charming how they try to help even when they have no idea. Like opening and pouring wine. Personally I enjoy the challenge and see it all as part of the experience. It can get a little annoying at one of the really expensive restaurants in the hotel though. They are charging top dollar for everything and at that price point everything should be perfect.
If you are working in the SIP this is still a great place to go.

Room Tip: I would just relax with some of the newer staff, and take their lack of experience as part of the charm. If you do have an issue see the front desk, and you can be sure they will fix it for you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
icsuzhou, Manager at InterContinental Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012