“Best prices and good quality”

Weitang Chinese Pearl and Gem City
Ranked #43 of 346 things to do in Suzhou
Shanghai
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best prices and good quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This pearl marker was introduced to me by local people and Shanghai pearl market seems quite expensive after this one. Lot of selection and prices are really good and not too crowded either. If you are hunting for pearls this is place for you.
Address in chinese

5 Thank Vesa K

San Francisco Bay Area
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“My mission was to find pearls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

If your interested in shopping for pearls at excellent quality and price...this is the place.

Colleagues had made me aware of this center. I came with a local colleague who had never been here before. We were the only customers there, and thus we were very popular.

Visited several shops to get a sense of the pricing and quality options.

Then zeroed in on a shop my colleague had used in the past. We looked at dozens of pearl strands (bulk), then fixed on a size and quality. Hd to resolve how many strands I needed to make 3 lengthy necklaces. Went thru our price negotiations and settled the deal.

Don't be afraid to offer 50% of their asking.

They will then put the strands into necklaces or bracelets, whatever you need.

I'd recommend coming prepared with local currency cash.

Well worth the stop. I'll be back again.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank kh57ca
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Gem City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

If you need to buy plenty of pearls and you have a low budget, this is a good place for you. There are different types of pearls and gems with so many designs. You can purchase as low as 10 yuan for a pair of pearl earrings. Practical place to shop for giveaways!

Visited June 2012
5 Thank Marjorie_sabando
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Outstanding Selection & Prices on Pearls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Mainly fresh water pearls in a range of qualities, prices, colors, and styles. I have made purchases on multiple occasions. Prices are so good there is no reason for the women in your family to wear fake pearls. The pearl sold are authentic. Negotiating is expected, 30% off initial offer is achievable. Don't be afraid to walk away, there are many, many shops and stands all selling similiar product. Stalls in the center floor sell lower to mid quality (though still very acceptable quality), shops around the perimeter sell mid to high quality. The shops also have more uniquely styled pearl jewelry (colors, shapes, multistrands, etc) in additional to basic strings and earings.

This market does not seem to be very "touristy". On the occasions I have been there I was the only westerner in the market. This fact might contribute to the good prices.

The second floor is mainly Jade. I do not have experience with the prices as I was not interested in Jade, however the selection certainly seems extensive.

Easy taxi ride from the city or Suzhou Industrial Park area.

Visited December 2011