“Amazing”

Fraser Suites Suzhou
Ranked #564 of 1,495 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed 12 August 2014

“Great place for family to stay”
We stayed 3month in Fraser Suites Suzhou, it’s a great place for family to stay. We lived in a great and big enough 2-bed room apartment, its not like those expensive hotels at all, most like a home, I was really surprised. While my husband was working, I could just relax or napping in the room or go for shopping with my daughter. Its located at a very convenient CBD area in Suzhou SIP, 15min walk to Jinji Lake to enjoy the fresh air and nice view, and watch water Fountain Show in every Fri & Sat. 2min to metro, plenty of restaurants around. There is beautiful traditional garden in 6th floor and a big very clean outdoor swimming pool, self-serviced juice bar, gym, yoga room and sauna etc. one thing I really like is everywhere is well-organized and quiet, honestly im a picky person, but nothing I could complain about this holiday except the air pollution.

Room Tip: Large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eden joy C

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My girlfriend and i stayed for 8weeks and enjoyed a lot in Suzhou. Their staff are very friendly, they don’t treat like a cold customer, but like a family member. We attended their Anniversary Celebration in May, was very private, and I met some new friends at that night. Once I forgot to turn off the “DND” for 2days, their staff so worried and rang to check if we are ok. Some ppl may don’t like it, but U can see they really care and take responsibility for guests. We were so touched when my girlfriend received a book and birthday card for her birthday from Fraser. its a great experience, and we 100% sure will go there again one day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in Fraser Suite for a few days on business. Very satisfied in this location, service, cleanliness, sleep quality, comfortableness, and quality of stay. The location is very near to Metro station, just 3 minutes walk away. Staffs are highly responsible and dedicated to meet customers' expectation.. Breakfast provided is very good,. Room heater works well. The washing machine is really of good quality.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely go back if I ever go back to Suzhou again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Krzysztof1906
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staying at Fraser was overall a nice experience. As a single traveler I found very convenient the location since is just 5 minutes walking distance from the subway and even at night time there are plenty of taxis circulating around this area. There are a good number of restaurants nearby where one can choose food from so many different places and in the lower floors there is a small mall with good options too.

One of the best things is that the room itself was really clean, comfortable bed and prompt response to calls for room service. In my case I accidentally drop a can of soda on the bed and within 5 minutes from my call I had a clean set of bed sheets.

On one of the top floors there is a bar that's just what I needed to relax, they have a nice selection of beers and cocktails which allowed me to catch up with my reading.

They have also an outside swimming pool, but unfortunately I didn't have time to visit, however is a good option for relaxing too.

Overall my experience was quite good and definitely I'd stay there again next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed in Fraser for about a week. And we didn’t like it.
But first maybe I share the good things. The service is very nice, but their English is not very good, which causes lots of communication problems. The hotel is nice and clean, new and spacious. The bed we found very comfortable I also liked the bathroom.
It’s right by the metro station which makes it very convenient. Also close to the shops and restaurants. I would say perfect location.
What we didn’t like?
First of all there is a construction right next to the hotel. The noise is terrible! Thank god it was off at night but during the day it was crazy! You couldn’t even watch TV as it was so loud. Sometimes you could also feel vibrations of the building. We were up before 7am every day because of that. I was really exhausted after the week in this hotel.
Breakfast was very poor. I did not like it, that’s why we ended up making our own in the hotel room. Also we booked the hotel and we only had one breakfast! It doesn’t make any sense as they knew we will be staying there with the whole family.
The “best” thing I experienced there was the cleaning service. You turn “do not disturb” light on, as you don’t want the service. Then they call you asking if you need one. Forget about the afternoon nap, right? If you don’t pick up the phone… they come into your room to LEAVE THE NOTE ON THE TABLE that they weren’t able to clean the room because you had “do not disturb” button on. Where is the logic? I was so mad as we were there with my dog. Happily he was locked in the crate, when they did that but what if he would be running in the room and some stranger would enter? Anyway, what if I would do God-Knows-What and they would come? Why do they have this stupid button if they don’t know how to use it?!

Room Tip: not the construction side!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FSSUZ, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Fraser Guests,

First of all, we thank you for choosing Fraser Suites Suzhou in your last visit and full-heartedly, we appreciate your honest feedback to help us improve on our services.

It came to our great surprise and concern to learn about the incidents you had experienced during your stay resulting your disappointment over our room attendant service, although you were very pleased with our property facilities and overall hospitality. Indeed, we carry great pride in servicing our guests. After reading your email, we immediately conducted investigation and interviewed the staff concerned. Below are the findings from our investigation.

1. Construction noise: Yes, we are aware of that and we have been working very closely with the construction company on the noise factor to avoid “late evening” and “early morning” construction to ensure that they work within the legal boundary and minimize the disturbance of our in-house guests. Unfortunately, there were some days that they ought to carry out certain heavy works and they’ve seek the local government’s approval, thus we had no control over their work. Today, you might be pleased to know that they have already completed their foundation, and no noise ever heard since at night.
2. Breakfast: Depending on the room type upon reservations, we basically provide 1 breakfast for 1 bedroom suite and 2 breakfast for 2 bedroom suites. Should any guest require addition, we are pleased to accommodate and minimal charge will be applied. Usually, children under 12 are on complimentary.
3. “Do Not Disturb” sign was on: It was out of courtesy and our responsibility that our room attendant followed the standard operation requirement to ensure NO guest is missed out or left in room unattended after 24 hours of DND sign was on. This is to prevent incidents such as DND sign was at fault or switched on “unintentionally” or guest could have fell sick or experienced stroke, unable to reach out to our service staff…etc. Indeed, our room attendant had attempted to call you in room on the 2nd day to make sure you were well and safe but no answer, apparently. Therefore, she then informed our security and supervisor to check on your room. Of course, we were pleased to learn that you were well and everything was in order. They left you a note on the table with an intention to make you aware of their visit.

we apologize for all the misunderstanding and inconvenience caused. We cannot turn the clock back, however we sincerely hope that we could have the opportunity to redeem our true Frasers hospitality the next time you visit Suzhou. Please feel free to contact our Guest Services Manager anytime, should you wish to make your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Suzhou soon.

Best regards,

Stefanie Duan

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in Fraser Suites Suzhou many times, the first choice when I come to Suzhou, because it's really very big, and stayed very comfortable. Service is good and location is convenient. The 6th floor is a garden, really very nice garden, can do BBQ party with friends near the poolside. Especially this season. Generally review, this is a good hotel to spend holiday time.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fraser Suites Suzhou is quite good and comfortable for business or family trip ,people there is quite kindly and frist-class service provider.Everything from small towel to book train ticket,they can help solving for you. For the high-building viewing, the scenery is fantastic,you can see the modern suzhou in different direction,and the suites have the clear glance with the glass wall.

Anyway ,I strongly recommend this hotel for your guys, there is absolutely right choice if you choose this place.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business