“Almost 5 stars great value”

Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou
Ranked #14 of 1,495 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and let me go over some pros and cons

Pros - new hotel, it still smells new. rooms are a good size as the hotel did not seem very full service was great. Views are to die for! Great value, the really isn't a Four Points, more like a 4-star hotel. The marketing needs some work. Service was efficient

Cons - not located in the city center but on the other side of the lake, not a huge issue when there is no traffic, staff needs just a little bit more training. A few minor house keeping items such as a little bit of dust in certain areas and the rooms not 100% made up. But all very minor and did not ruin the stay. For a business hotel, the internet is a little bit slow. I had a hard time checking email and connecting consistently to VPN. A speed boost is needed. AC unit kind of noisy. When I was checking out, front desk was a bit short staffed and had to wait 15mins.

If you are a fan of the heavenly bed, you will have some issues here. They use a FIRM FIRM mattress. I tried to upgrade but all the rooms/suites have the same bed. I would really recommend changing this. I'm not one to shy away from a firm mattress but this was rock hard!

If they had the green tea soap and a club lounge, this would be a Westin.

Room Tip: get a room with a view on a higher level
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bo C
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you gave us these good suggestions and tips. We'll strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. Yes, I really do.

FOOD- buffet. Lot of varieties

AMMENITIES- Swimming pool, yoga room, gym

VIEW- along the bay. Great view of the bay esp during sunset

LOCATION- quite far but it does not matter.

STAFF- Really nice people and beautiful people.

FREEBIES- Coffee

Experiencr five star hotel in a very affordable pri e. =)

• Stayed: July 2013
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you recognized for our services. We'll strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I spent one night at the Four points by Sheraton Suzhou in June 2013. The hotel is very modern and has probably been open since only a few months. Consequently, there were still few customers during my stay. The hotel location, on the shore of Dushu Lake, is quite pleasant. It will probably be even more pleasant when construction of buildings around ends. I was upgraded to an Executive room which was very spacious with a living room and the bedroom itself with large windows overlooking the lake. Decoration was elegant relying mostly on dark colors and marble in the bathroom. Very comfortable bed. Efficient service although the English level of some employees was quite poor. I had dinner at the hotel. The buffet was good and reasonably priced. Very nice spa facilities. Overall I am very satisfied with my stay and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. The only negative point was the breakfast. Having to leave at 6:00 AM for Shanghai I ordered breakfast in the room. It came late and more importantly I was told that coffee could only be prepared at 6:00 AM which was obviously too late. This is not a big issue but management should definitely pay attention to this sort of things.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience, and very pleased that you recognized for our services and give us these valuable suggestions. We'll strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel in what WILL BE a great location - when the rest of the construction is finished. On the SE shore of Dushu Hu, close to the University Town (20-30 mins walk) and a number of office buildings (not yet open). The hotel itself is everything I have come to expect from Four Points in China - i.e. vastly superior to the same brand in the US where properties are often old and run down. Restaurants are good, everything works, windows seal out the noise. The spa is a little pricy - as a result of outsourcing to a professional provider rather than operating in house. Internet is free and prices are generally very reasonable. A Lake view will cost you more, but it is preferable to the other side, unless you love watching construction sites, seas of mud and the associated mess.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the lake view side will be much more pleasant
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest:Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience. We will continue to strive to be more considerate and attentive service to welcome you back!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

It's my first time to come to suzhou for business trip. The service is good,make me feel like coming home. And if i have another chance to go to suzhou I will choose this hotel again.And the suit room have a very good view . Outside just like the fairy tale world.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank trivalxixi g
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Reviewed 10 May 2013

After a three-day trip in this Sheraton Hotel, I'm totally amazed by its beautiful surroundings, comfortable conditions and, most importantly, its excellent services. I also enjoy the tasty buffet, as well as Papa Johns opposite. Of course, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to take a walk by the Dushu Lake and visit the Church. In a word, it brings me sense of safety and belongingness, and makes me feel right at home.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Cindy W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Reviewed 10 May 2013

A brand new hotel with very good facilities. I stayed during my holiday. The room was quiet spacious with a lovely view. The staff were friendly and helpful by offering me nice service and travellig advice. Food and wine were beyond my expectation,fresh and yummy.

I think I made a right choice to spend my holiday here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo