“Best western restaurant in Suzhou. Top class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paradox French Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #8 of 732 Restaurants in Suzhou
Cuisines: French, European, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
“Best western restaurant in Suzhou. Top class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Has one of the best quality western foods I had in China. Steak is amazing the soups and starters are great. Thank god for this restaurant, it makes my work trips to Suzhou worthwhile.

Oh, I forgot to mention great staff and owners.

1 Thank YayaShack

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had new years dinner as a couple and I have to say I was impressed. Being from Canada, and living in Suzhou for the past 4 months, I was reminded of how western cuisine treats its patrons. It was very refreshing to walk into the restaurant and be greeted properly. The staff and owner are extremely attentive and the atmosphere was amazing. I must make a comment about the coziness of the place, as it was not loud and completed isolated noise from outside - I couldn't hear the hustle and bustle of the Suzhou streets.

On to the food. The bread was great in comparison to any bread that I've had in Suzhou in the past 4 months. I had seafood salad as a starter and ordered two glasses of Merlot. The smoked salmon was delicious, and the vegetables were crisp and fresh. The owner, very attentively, asked if we wanted to share the starter. I wanted to, so I said yes, and, without hesitation, he brought over plates for us.

Whilst eating the salad, approximately half way through it, the owner came over to tell me that he has held off the main dishes and that I should tell him when we are ready. I must say, service at it's best.

I had grilled beef and my girlfriend had the half-roast chicken; both dishes were served with a side of fresh and homemade french fries. The beef and chicken were both excellently seasoned and grilled to perfection. The quality of meat was amazing as both the chicken and beef were nice and tender.

For desert, my girlfriend got the chocolate fondue and I had creme brulee. Both deserts were prepared perfectly.

All in all, I paid just a little over 500RMB for: two glasses of wine, seafood salad, grilled beef, half-roast chicken, creme brulee and chocolate fondue. I would say that by western standards, that is a great deal. Just keep in mind that this is very expensive by Chinese standards. However, for the experience, amazing atmosphere and great food, I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone.

• Visited December 2013
Suzhou, China
“Awesome restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great food and nice atmosphere. Plus an outdoor terrace which would be very cool to throw parties in warmer season. A quick getaway from the buzz of China.

For world peace,chef!!! :)

• Visited October 2013
Suzhou, China
“one of the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Some friends recommended this place since the cuisine has changed few months ago ( they have a new chef from France) and I was not disapointed. The food is fresh and tasty, good service and the place is comfortable. This is worth to go out a bit of SIP and try, really nice.

• Visited December 2013
Shanghai, China
“The best French food in Suzhou”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I went there with a French visiting colleague and (I believe due to the French to French connection) we received great attentive service directly from the French owner/manager. I had a tasty well prepared tuna mousse and then snapper over ratatouille, along with sharing 2 bottles of a very nice French wine with my colleague. Anyone in Suzhou needing a break from Chinese food, in a nice environment with well prepared French dishes, I highly recommend Bistronomy.

• Visited November 2013