“Gem in Suzhou”

Renaissance Suzhou Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1,495 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The Renaissance staff from every department do a fantastic job of making long term guests "feel at home", a common theme for anyone that has spent at least a few nights in this luxury hotel. The staff have this unique ability to mix a warm and genuine greeting with their professional service. My family recently visited for more than a week and were sad to separate from the close relationship established in that short time.
For my long-term stays, Suzhou Renaissance serves as my "host" to this beautiful city, never feeling like I'm on the road out, living out just another hotel room. The Front Desk & Navigator staff are familiar with the best local spots and go out of their way to help. If you're fortunate enough to have Club Lounge access, it is like royalty pampering.
A phone call for help will connect you to "Delighted To Serve" and they are all just that. They make a point to call you by name, the response time is incredibly short, always effective and they follow up to make sure you are satisfied or to offer additional assistance if needed.
I wish they could cross-train in my country to perpetuate the exceptional service that seldom exists.
Brasserie food is very good, offering a mixture of local cuisine and "western" dishes to please the diverse range of occupants.
I've been coming for nearly 2 years and have no need to make alternative plans.

Room Tip: Executive rooms offer access to Club Lounge. Rooms facing Central Park have best view and chance t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Renaissance Hotel is one of the top business hotels in Suzhou. As I walked into the lobby I was immediately impressed with the warm and welcoming staff who greet you upon arrival. The professional staff are service oriented as they anticipate the needs of their guests. This is true whether you are in the lobby, executive lounge, or the dining areas. I observed that the staff takes care to provide the extra step that makes one feel at home. I highly recommend that when visiting Suzhou, whether you are on business or as a tourist, you stay at the Renaissance Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and some of his staff travel to China often for business. He has to go to Suzhou often when he does travel to China. I decided to go along on this particular trip. We stayed at the Renaissance Suzhou for over a week. I cannot say enough good things about the Executive Club Lounge Staff!!! They want to please and help in any way they can. We did encounter trouble with our room the first night we arrived and we were upgraded to a suite, which should have been done anyway because we are Marriott Platinum members. I was surprised were we not upgraded immediately upon arrival, as I have read here were Gold Members were upgraded to a suite! It seems, in China they fail to recognize the various member levels and what should be offered and given. Anyway, we did enjoy our stay after things were sorted out with the room. The hotel is very clean, but I did find the cleaning staff cleaned the room in a high speed fashion, so wonder what the hotel will look like in a few years because of the haste that I witnessed.
I would like to reiterate about the Executive Club staff and how great they are. They make you feel welcomed and relaxed. I would like to compliment Jean, as I feel she is without a doubt a huge asset to the Executive Lounge!! She is most certainly management material! Evelyn, Vivian, Sandy and Seth were all very attentive too. They work hard and very diligent in all they do. The Chef is also wonderful, although I forget his name. Sorry Chef!! I would also like to mention Sally at the front desk as she too is great at her job. She gave us the same room when we returned after a weekend away and we were happy about that. Becky in housekeeping takes her job seriously and is also a very hard worker. All in all the staff that we encountered were staff I would hire. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!! I know my husband will return to your hotel as it is one of the best! We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Beijing and found the complete opposite. The food at the Renaissance Beijing was not as good as Renaissance Suzhou and the front desk (which was on another floor) staff really didn't care if we were loyal Marriott members or not. We were treated a whole lot better in Suzhou!! You won't go wrong staying here!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ratingit
Reviewed 19 July 2013

from decor point of view this is maybe 7 years old - but with the Marriott beds and the professional service it makes it a deal with a company rate which includes even breakfast.

In the new city - far from Suzhou old town!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I traveled to Suzhou in late June and spent several days in the Renaissance Hotel. The hotel has satisfactory staff and the rooms are relatively clean...remember you are in China! Their standards are much different than U.S. hotels when it comes to cleanliness, but this hotel does a decent job. Be sure to have a hardy breakfast in their restaurant. The personnel will cook eggs to your liking while you wait. The fitness center is equiped with several trend mills and exercise equipment.

You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a nonsmoking room and be sure it meets your satisfaction...don't be afraid...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
RenaissanceSuzhou, Manager at Renaissance Suzhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear JC-Grillmaster,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to our hotel.

We are glad you are overall happy with the hotel. Look forward to your next trip in Suzhou, the nonsmoking room will be ready for you.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been living at the Renaissance Suzhou hotel for just over 7 years. I have stayed at other properties in the Suzhou and Shanghai area and to this day will not change. As a premier member I spend most of my morning , evening and weekend times in the club lounge. The Renaissance Suzhou has the best club lounge in all of China. The staff is friendly and helpful. Always service with a smile. They are knowledgeable of the area and helpful in recommending historical places to visit or a local or western restaurant to dine. If you are not in the mood to dine outside , no worries. you can simply enjoy the daily variation in food selection in the club lounge. If not a club member, I would highly suggest to upgrade to the club floor and experience perfection at the highest level.

Room Tip: ask for a park view any floor is acceptable
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
RenaissanceSuzhou, Manager at Renaissance Suzhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear don d,

After 7 years be here with us you are just like the family member.

Glad to know you spend lots of time in the club lounge and love it the most. We will keep taking good care of our best friend and wish you enjoy every stay in the lovely city Suzhou.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 23 June 2013

my husband spent 3 weeks at the hotel for work purposes and said the hotel was of an excellent standard and the staff were caring and attentive and would do anything to help. the room was excellent and if required would be cleaned every day to a high standard.

Dear TraceyMiles,

We are delighted your husband has enjoyed his stay in our hotel.

Hope you can come to Suzhou with your husband on his next trip to experience the fantastic serice provided by us.

Hotel Managerment