“excellent hotel”

Ranked #3 of 1,444 Hotels in Suzhou
Shanghai, China
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed in Shangri-la Suzhou for 4 days during public holidays and everything was great. Rooms are spacious and theres a lot of natural light thanks to floor to ceiling windows. Hotel is a bit far away from the city center/Jinji lake area but metro station is very close. Amenities in the hotel were great and staff was extremely helpful and attending.

Room Tip: Horizon club room gives extra value for your money here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Markina City
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Check-in was a breeze as I checked-in in my room. I was given a Horizon Club room which was at the 43rd floor. Great room as expected with a nice view of the city. Great service as usual.I would like to thank the front office staff for packing breakfast for me as I needed to leave early when I checked-out.
Thanks to Calvin for providing the note to the taxi driver to drive me to the Suzhou train station. Thanks to one front office manager (I forgot his name sorry) for writing a note that I can give at the train station so I can secure the train ticket going to Shanghai. It was my first time to use the China high-speed train alone and the Shangri La's staff helped me a lot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nanjing
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel offers everything you expect from a Shangri-la hotel. Very good servive, the rooms are very clean, very quiet and the breakfast is very good, it includes a nece veriation of western and japanese styles, the area where the hotel is located is frequented by a lot of japanese customers though.
The staff is very attentive and the whole facility is excellent.
Only the price is a little bit on the hiogh side.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Have stayed in the Shagri-La now twice and on the face of it; it seems a bargain for a 5-star hotel. However I would not rate it as a 5-star hotel. The rooms are large and spacious and the common area's are well decorated and pleasing to the eye. Some of the service is excellent and I can't praise the concierge enough who helped me far and beyond the call of duty.

However the other service I received was somewhat questionable. The front desk staff are generally gloomy and disinterested. The main restaurant staff on the ground floor were the same. Very slow and looked like they were doing you a favour. The speed in which they try and get rid of you from the restaurant at 9pm on the dot is actually quite funny. Also the chamber maid service is not what they profess it to be. I twice left my shoes to be shined and both times they were ignored without a note!!

As I say in my title it is pretty average.....Also be aware of other costs....The room prices are competitive but the restaurants are extortionately priced,. as are the drinks, mini-bar charges and cleaning charges. I would avoid like the plague.

I would stay here again but think it could be so much better if they had a look at themselves and made some small changes.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jeanny H, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Vinnie1979,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am disappointed to hear of your unpleasant stay experience. To investigate the issues thoroughly and to ensure there is no repeat of such experience, would you mind letting us know your contact information by emailing us at jeanny.hu@shangri-la.com, so we can address your concerns in more details.

At the same time, I do appreciate your feedback about our Concierge colleagues who provided service meeting your expection.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Only a few miles away from Huqiu Scenary Area, 5A sightseeing area in China! Free parking service! Welcome fruit for us! We asked to change our room from twin room to king room and receptionist did it to meet our needs very quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Shanghai
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have seen a few hotels that are physically more beautiful, but the Shangri-La in Suzhou gets everything right. From the welcome at the front door to the food quality, service levels and comfort level. The service is anticipatory and proactive. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dongguan, China
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I spent just 2 nights at the hotel, but I had a great experience... Big room, excellent bathroom, excellent room service and delicious food.

When I go to Suzhou again, for sure I'll stay at Shangri - La Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business