“Wonderful Resort Hotel”

Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi
Ranked #44 of 1,478 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed 30 May 2014

One of the best resort hotels I have stayed. Beautiful location with amazing views. Huge room with huge bathroom. Very high on service standards, this is one amazing hotel. I stayed here for a week during April 2012 on a business trip.

This is the place to stay in Suzhou. Very friendly staff, nice service and comfortable to the core. I am a vegetarian, so the hotel would prepare some veggie stuff for me everyday. Poepl speak good english here, so no problem in communicating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear NimuMumbai,

Thank you for taking time to write your wonderful review about Regalia Resort & Spa - Ligongdi, Suzhou. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our desire to make a memorable experience to all our valued guests like you.

Since you like our resort in Suzhou, we would like to invite you to visit our other resorts in Tangshan, Qin Huai River, Deqin (Yunan), and soon to open Moganshan.

We do hope to welcome you again at Regalia Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Enjoyed the stay, room was facing the water with complete privacy. Service was top-notch and responsive. The Thai food at the restaurant was authentic and delicious. Felt like a slice of heaven on the water side. Neighboring area is interesting, a little oasis with F+B within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Theodore,

Thank you so much for taking time to write your review and let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted that our Thai restaurant has pleased you and you have enjoyed the food that we served. At Regalia it is our goal to make sure that all of our guests are treated with utmost courtesy and the highest level of service.

Since you have enjoyed your stay at Regalia Resort & Spa - Ligongdi, we do hope that you will visit our other resorts in Nanjing, Tangshan, Deqin Yunnan and soon to open Moganshan.

We do hope to welcome you again at Regalia Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The view of this hotel is excellent. It is just by jinji lake. The outdoor sitting areas are really nice with great nature view. The rooms are dirty and moldy. There were mosquitoes in the room and other insects I cannot even identify. Restaurant service is poor. It will take you a long time till you get what you ordered. It is difficult to call a waiter to assist you. They seem to be no where and some looks so busy that they don't even notice you. Breakfast is terrible. The buffet is not appetizing at all. Concierge are the worst I ever seen. They just ignore you when you arrive and it seems they don't see you. The hotel staffs makes you feel they don't want you there. Then we don't want to be here too. Very poor management.

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelloverxiamen
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Travelloverxiamen,

It is indeed unfortunate that your experience with us is not as pleasant as we have expected it to be. We have taken note of all the concerns you have indicated and amendments has been made regarding this matter. At Regalia, we take our guests concerns seriously and we make sure that corrective action will take effect immediately.

As I write this review, our management and staffs of Regalia Resort & Spa - Ligongdi have investigated and made corrective actions. We do hope that you will come back again to see that your comments is valuable to us and we do thank you for this. Comments such as yours makes us improve our service better.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Was in Shanghai with my wife in Jan, getting bored and we got 3 more days to our flight back.
decided to escape the crazy city, we picked suzhou as its not too far and seems quite romantic and historic. with some research on the web, and decide to stay at Regalia Spa-Resort to treat ourselves.
And WHAT A TREAT....

really top notch service
food is really great, especially the thai food which is odd cause we were in china.
really friendly reception, she showed us the best places to visit with a hand drawn map. interesting.....
but one thing that really exceptional is the feel of the hotel, really nicely designed, bit like bali.
would really love to stay longer....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Anthony,

Thank you so much for your favorable feedback. We are pleased that you liked your stay with us. We do hope that you can come and visit our other resorts in Nanjing, Tangshan, and Yunnan as well.

We do encourage you to try our Southeast Asian Spa that is well known for its authentic Thai massage.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Regalia Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I choose this hotel because I like the scenic. My plan was to travel to Suzhou to have a wonderful holiday with my wife. When I arrived to Regalia Resort &SPA, I was so suprised its design, just like to go to Bali. I enjoy to Thai food and also the spa which I heard the staff told me it's very professional. Before I left, I met the General manage Ken there, he is very hospitality and introduce many famous attractions in Suzhou. His staff is very nice and I appreciate their service, and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Dafri Zoo,

Thank you for taking time to review our resort here at trip advisor. We are very glad that you liked your stay with us. Since you love our resort in Suzhou, we do hope that you will also try our other resorts in Nanjing, Tangshan, and Deqin (Yunnan). For more information please do visit our website or you can follow us on twitter @regaliaresort.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

ESPERANZA SPARLING

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I went to Suzhou and stayed with Regalia at Suzhou Ligongdi over the Christmas snd New Year season. I was over at Shanghai for a meeting from London, and my colleagues recommended. Suzhou for a getaway for the city's history and countdown at the traditional Han Shan temple. Such an amazing experience.

My wife and I are totally amazed with Regalia at suzhou. The design was very meticulous and detailed in every angle. The materials used are classy and absolutely impressed.

The food was great, their menus are diverse and had lots of choices. Their thai menus, suzhounese food and organic foods were all great.

The facilities and services are very personal. As we were staying for 7 days, their butler service and and tour services really made it safe and convenient to get through the language barrier.

Regalia is definitely the hotel to stay with when u are in China. The locations, design and services really impressed us. Made us feel like family.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Takuyaoura,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are very glad that you liked you stay with us.

Since you enjoyed your stay at Regalia Resort & Spa - Suzhou, maybe you can also visit our other resorts in Nanjing, Tangsha, and Deqin, Yunnan. I am very sure that you will also have an excellent experience at our other resorts. For more information please do visit our regalia website or follow us on twitter @regaliaresort.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Regalia Resort & Spa

ESPERANZA SPARLING

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My company booked me to this place. They are all high praises for this little hotel in Suzhou. I have very high expectations considering the price of the room. I just couldn't believe that I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BIG TIME!

RESTAURANT SERVICE - The service is very slow. I just have no idea why it is very slow since there were only about 5 tables occupied. We have ordered some of their famous thai crab dish and waited for more than 30 min to be told that they ran out of curry crabs. Then we have to order another pomelo salad. The fruit was extremely dry and it taste funny. We told the lady manager there and she said that this is how it really how it tasted. We are so disappointed that we just didn't bother to order anymore. We just had tea and moved to the restaurant on the stretch of the road. The dining service here is a joke. You will lose your appetite even before you get to enjoy anything. The attitude of the staffs here is like EAT WHAT WE SERVE YOU. So annoying!!!

BREAKFAST - is not that fantastic. They have buffet but the buffet often ran out of food. There were INSECT FLYING ABOVE WATERMELON PLATTER. That is so shocking for a so-called luxury resort.

ROOMS - Shower room got dark molds around the tiles. My pen fell on the floor and when I stoop down to pick it up under the bed you will never believe HOW DIRTY AND FILTHY IT IS! I am so upset with the room. The a/c vent is making so much noise as well I couldn't sleep. When I called the front office regarding the problem they said that they will move me to another room. I have waited and waited then I have to call them again only to have the excuse that THEY ARE FULLY BOOKED AND THEY DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE ROOMS. So why do they have to tell me that I can move to another room if they know in the first place that there's no room available. I really do not get this people.

OUTDOOR SITTING AREA in my room is very dusty and full of cobwebs and dried leaves. I told them if they can have it cleaned. The people at the reception told me that THEY DO NOT CLEAN THE OUTDOOR SITTING AREA BECAUSE IT'S VERY COLD AND NO ONE SIT THERE ANYWAY. I think this is a very lame excuse of being filthy.

INTERNET CONNECTION is a big joke. They have wireless internet connection but they will only provide you with 1 password. They said that this is the government ruling so I can only use either of my gadgets. This is so irritating. The connection is also slow and you will get cut off most of the time. I called the reception again regarding to complain about the slow connection. They said that they have many guests who's using the wireless right now. They said it will go faster at late night or better at early morning.

I cannot imagine how this hotel have the nerve to CHARGE SO HIGH AND CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS LUXURY I did not see any luxury in this place. This place is DIRTY, NO SERVICE, FOOD YOU CANNOT EVEN EAT..... THIS PLACE WILL RIP YOU OFF.

I would say that if there is a rating lower than 1 i will give it to them. I totally do not recommend this place to anyone. If you have a good head and good sense.... you will not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
RegaliaHotels, Group Director of Operations at Regalia Resort & Spa Ligongdi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking time to write your review regarding our resort in Suzhou. It is indeed unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and that there were issues that you raised that we are totally concerned.

The concerns you have posted was taken into deep consideration. We have asked the property to explain and give corrective actions immediately on the issues. We at Regalia listen to our guests and value all guests comments. This is the only way we will be able to improve our services.

The internet problem that you have posted has been addressed 2 weeks ago. We now have a better and faster wireless internet connection that will serve you better. As for the service issues, training and evaluation of staffs has been in placed. We will intensify and monitor our services strictly so that such thing will never occur. Rest assured that all these matters will be dealt with accordingly.

We do hope that you will give us a chance to prove to you that we have improved tremendously and this is because of your constructive feedback. We are truly grateful that you have given us your valuable comment so that we will be able to improve our service. Should you have any other comments and suggestions please do not hesitate to email me: esperanza@regalia.com.cn. I will be very glad to hear from you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Regalia Resort & Spa.