“Pompeux !”

Millennium Hotel Wuxi
Ranked #10 of 678 Hotels in Wuxi
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Quitte extensive with poor service.
Show a high pressure clearing machine, so impossible to have one.

No place around, so no choice for dinner than buffet in hotel. Expensive and poor choice. ( 198 RMB for vert basic "western" good.

Not so much hotel in Wuxi. But next time I try an other one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Millennium Hotel Wuxi

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Rooms were huge (probably a deluxe room?) and had a great feel to them. A nice desk to spread out and work from and good internet.
Most impressive was the service. I checked in late and had to leave early. So when I requested urgent laundry at 8pm, I went to the Japanese restaurant (excellent by the way) and my clothes were washed and ironed by 10:30pm!
Staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueBayBones
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a nice hotel but the night got
Completely ruined by the air conditioning not working in the room, complained several times but help did not arrive till 2 hrs later after I called front desk 4 times. They kept saying we will send someone and no one would show up. Other then that breakfast was very average. Hotel is in a good location

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Chavo7
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Came here as second stop of the three city visit. This hotel was the best of all the hotels in my stay. Room was spacious and comfortable. Bathroom did not look moldy, dirty or disgusting like at other hotels on my trip. Location was convenient. Was not bothered by street or hallway noise. Only ate breakfast at the hotel and selection was good for the number of nights I stayed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelGuest707
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Came here for the "Hot Spring Package," for RMB 698 got a one night stay in a Superior room with 2 breakfasts, 2 hot springs tickets and as I booked three days in advance was upgraded to a deluxe room. At first glance everything looked very upscale and polished and I was very happy with my huge room with separate sitting room and nice bathroom. The bed was very comfortable ( a rarity in China) and the linens luxurious. Then I started looking more closely and wasn't so impressed: the hot springs are an hour away by taxi! It cost 80 RMB one way and 100 RMB back. Lvyang Hot Spring and Happy Farm ( a child themed park) was only so-so, not a destination visit. I was the only non- Chinese there. Lots of the pools closed ans in need of repair. Some of the smaller ones at the back were nice especially when the LED lights came on in the gardens but... Back to the hotel: the chair in room 1004 was stained as is the carpet by the couch. In the lobby there's laminate broken on a coffee table and at least one of the chairs has ripped upholstery. There's a nice latte bar, pastry bar in the lobby but I had to wait 15 mins for my macaroons because "the ones in the case are only for display." I checked out the fitness, pool are but after I was made to feel huge because my size 5 feet didn't fit in the sandals I had to wear I didn't go back. There's a deserted yoga, Badminton, mahjong, golf simulator ( which looked cool) on the 5th floor. The lobby bar was closed "till further notice." The Japanese restaurant Irori was okay but as the hotel appears to be under Japanese management I expected more- I had the set menu for I think it was 268 RMB with 10 small courses but I've had fresher sushi-I should have ordered a la carte. I was not offered the RMB 198 pp all you can eat weekend special as advertised on posters in the hotel. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. However, half the clientele was North America and European so here's a tip for management: serve coffee and tea in carafes as soon as people sit down. The staff weren't busy and it's a nice civilized touch instead of having to go to the machines and get your own. Okay I'm done now IMO it's ok but it's certainly NOT a five star property and my family was in the hotel business for 25 years.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2013

When getting to the hotel from the train station, I thought I am going to stay in a factory!

When arrived at the hotel, then looking at the surrounding, this is the best place, right in the middle of nowhere.

Nowhere near centre of town. Just that it is close by to many factories and offices, this is the best place.

Room is very comfortable and nice.

Room service is disappointing. Called up and the person on the other side of the line could not understand what I read from the room service order list, in English. That person came up to my room to look at the room service order list to write down my order!

As for breakfast, after staying for 2 days, close your eyes and you can blindfold yourself and get to your pick without any problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Millenniumwuxi, Marketing Assistant at Millennium Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear valued guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us, we will continuously improving our service quality and breakfast.
The hotel is about 20 minutes drive from the Wuxi Railway Station, Wuxi's Shuo Fang Airport, Tai Lake Scenic Area, downtown and Bai Lian Outlets Plaza. Surrounded by New Land Holiday Plaza, Maoye Department Store, Powerlong City Plaza. I hope that on your next visit to Wuxi you will allow us the opportunity to redeem your faith in Millennium Hotel Wuxi.Looking forward to coming again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

8.10am flight to hk to catch. hotel tells me it is 30mins away! maybe i didnt make clear i am not walking. the taxi takes only 9 mins! so, i didnt have breakfast which only starts at 6.30!
i asked for morning call and also asked for taxi. only when i check out, they call taxi!
concierge doesnt speak english. hotel in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Y K
Millenniumwuxi, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear valued guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was very sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience with us and will be reviewing this with our team to ensure that this does not occur again in the future。
Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us.Please accept my sincerest apologies. I hope that on your next visit to Wuxi you will allow us the opportunity to redeem your faith in Millennium Hotel Wuxi.Looking forward to coming again.