“An enjoyable stay”

Ranked #3 of 669 Hotels in Wuxi
Hamilton, Canada
“An enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

While the rooms and decor of the hotel are lovely, what has made our stay in this hotel enjoyable so far are the staff - everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. At breakfast, the staff are attentive and, after our first visit, remembered what both my husband and I drink at breakfast. The concierge and the door men are equally pleasant. I wanted to do a tour of Wuxi and they set up everything for me. The breakfast buffet is sumptuous ... I particularly like the pineapple danish they serve ... melt in your mouth pastry. We haven't had any trouble with getting online. As for the room, I love the idea of being able to take a bath and look across the room, to see the mountains (when it's not too foggy). The chaise lounge by the window was perfect for relaxing. Beds were really comfortable. All in all, it's been a great experience so far.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2013

Warm Greetings from Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel !

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel during your recent visit to Wuxi and your compliments on our service quality, guestroom, bathroom and breakfast selections. I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel soon !

General Manager of Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Soho, NYC
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Nice hotel with a friendly staff, close to a mall with many dining and shopping options. A little out of the way from the downtown of Wuxi. A new subway is being built in the city that will connect this area to the downtown. Also, request rooms with a mountain view while it lasts as they are building high rise apartments that will block pretty view. Lower rear view rooms may be a little noisy on the weekend. Overall a good value and friendly hotel...

Room Tip: Suites are especially spacious...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us during your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel soon !

Paris, France
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice hotel close to a big mall
hotel is brand new
wifi in rooms is not working at present time
good service
certainly the best value for money in Wuxi in that range
beeing there 2 nights, i will go again without any doubt

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Currently we are working with the local telecom company on our room Wifi service and this service will be available in all our guest rooms in about 2 months time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel soon !

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2012

this hotel has been managed very poorly since it opened. I stayed a few times there and the level of service is absolutely ridiculous. The AC never works and the staff explains every time, that the problem is because of the seasonal temperature changes...... we write the year 2012.....

The breakfast in the coffee-shop is terribly poor and absolutely un-hygienic. I is worse than any noodle shop along the road in China.

Stay away from this place if you can.

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Mr. Hutter,

Warm greetings and thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel during your recent visit to Wuxi.

I am disappointed to learn of your experience with our service and breakfast and would like to apologize for the events you described in your comments. Mr. Hutter, I would like to welcome and meet with you during your next visit and would appreciate if you could advise me of your schedule to Wuxi. Once again, thank you for your feedback and all associates look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel in the near future.

Best regards
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Overslept in this hotel as a business traveller, must tell had a very pleasant stay. The lobby is exclusive in decoration with a magnificent hanging crystal light. The staff had difficulties understanding english, but the concierge took care of everything, all postcards found their way home. A true oasis on our travels across China. The lobby bar closed a bit early for my taste though.

• Stayed November 2011
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Guest,

The lobby lounge provides 24-hour room service. Any Food and Beverage supplied on the Lobby Lounge menus will be delivered to our guest upon request even after the business hour.

Meanwhile it is certainly my responsibility to reinforce associates’ training and equip them with the necessary international language skills to perform their job to meet our guests’ expectation.

I sincerely hope that you would revisit us again in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel.

Köln
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Check in and out was fast without any complaints. The room was fine with a very nice
bathroom. The breakfast buffet was also perfect. The only complain which I have is that I got a smoking room and the reception did not inform me about it. When I arrived very late in the evening I had no more fun to change the room. After this visit I asked upfront to get a non smoking room to avoid surprises. Nevertheless the Hotel is very nice and money for value is excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Warm Greetings from Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel !

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel during your recent visit to Wuxi and your compliments on our guestroom, bathroom and breakfast selections. Whilst I am disappointed to learn of your experience with our service and I sincerely apologize for the events you described in your comments.

I am embarrassed to acknowledge that some of the inconsistencies in our services were due to inadequate training on our new staff. It is certainly my responsibility to reinforce their training and equip them with the necessary skills to perform their job to meet our guests’ expectation. We will continue to strengthen our associates’ training to ensure that such incidents do not happen again in the future.

Best regards
Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I did the full service in this hotel: Limousine pick-up at the train station, two nights plus breakfast and limousine drop-off at the station again to continue my trip. I was not impressed by this Sheraton. First, two letters of the giant SHERATON sign were out of order on the roof of the hotel as I arrived at night in the limo (a bad start!).
Then, after I got to my room = no WIFI = only LAN with rubbishy speed. In this day and age, in this hotel chain, this is unbelievable!
Apart from that, the TV crackled all the time, there was no bin in the bathroom, the staff slam noisily the doors at any time of day or night as they enter neighbouring rooms (no training at all) and when they brought my coffee for breakfast I had to get up to fetch the sugar etc..
With a total bill of CNY 2566 for two nights, you must expect better from Sheraton, even in China!

Room Tip: Business trip = try another!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Philip K, General Manager at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Warm Greetings from Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel !

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel during your recent visit to Wuxi. Whilst I am disappointed to learn of your experience with our service and I sincerely apologize for the events you described in your comments.

I would wish to address the various feedbacks that you mentioned in your message and the actions that we have taken to address and improve the current status.

1. Signboard lamp
Hotel Engineering Department is currently under purchase of the electronic components to the signboard lamp. We will take repairment once all the components are ready.

2. Conditions of the rooms
We are taking scheduled maintenance actions to improve the conditions of the user friendliness of the various facilities and equipments in the rooms for our guests. We are currently working with the local telecom company on our Wifi service and hopefully this service will be available in all our guest rooms in the near future.

3. Staff Training

I sincerely hope that you would revisit us again during your next trip to Wuxi. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Wuxi Binhu Hotel.

Best regards,