InterContinental Hotel Wuxi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsseparated toiletan amazing hotelshort stayan upgradegreat buffethighly recommend this hotelroom was largebusiness tripfood optionshigh endjapanese restaurantf bmodern hotelthe club loungelobby barbuffet dinnerstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great hotel stay overall for me: big, comfortable, clean, modern and pretty new hotel room with bathtub and separate shower stall. Comes with toiletries by Aromatherapy Associates. Great breakfast spread with Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine. The hotel even provides a takeaway breakfast pack (with croissants and a fruit) for travelers on-the-go, a very thoughtful touch if you are in a hurry. My biggest complaint about the hotel, though, was the extremely slow front office service, as the front office team took more than 10 mins to process the check out of every guest, and didn't even bother to speed up when there was a long queue of guests in front of them. Note to hotel: please make sure your front office staff are properly trained to process checkouts efficiently.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay. I've delivered your suggestions about front desk to our front office team and they will pay more attention to the training about check in and check our efficiency.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Simply perfect. Beautiful large clean rooms, free internet, great F&B, etc.
Location is quite good, close to street with lots of bars and restaurants and temple complex. Contrary to the staff in Yixing's Yun Hu conference center earlier in the week, staff do speak English over here. Great (company) rate, really nothing to complain about, unless it's the road works just in front of the hotel (but that should only make the city better reachable).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Wuxi. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped make your visit enjoyable! We strive to achieve excellence at every level. Learning that our professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed is the best reward.

Thank you again for your support. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was disappointed by my experience here. I was offered an opportunity to join the Ambassador program before checking into the hotel and was delighted to be upgraded to a room at the club floor here. However, I was turned away at the lounge because the upgrade did not include club access. If this was communicated to me at check in, I would have upgraded my reservation accordingly and avoided the embarrassment in front of my guest to sort out the confusion.

The pool area was untidy and not serviced during the hour I was there. The wet floor was a hazard and a child slipped on the floor while the lifeguard on duty offered no assistance at all! Also, here was no place to return the used sandals and the locker room was a mess.

Disgraceful for a 5 star establishment

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traminer

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was very distraught to hear of your unpleasant experience with us and will be reviewing this with my team to ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us.Please accept my sincerest apologies. I hope that on your next visit to Wuxi you will allow us the opportunity to redeem your faith in InterContinental Wuxi.

I look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Some friends arranged a night at this hotel with us, and we had a terrific time.

There are already plenty of good reviews, but there were a few points:

No MSG -- we ate a great dinner in their Chinese restaurant. After asking the waitress to make sure the cook didn't give us any MSG, we found out they don't use MSG in the cooking there. A sign of a terrific restaurant, which it was.

AWESOME breakfast -- make sure your reservation includes the breakfast buffet. We adored it.

GOOD packages -- make sure you investigate the packages that might be offered if you go. Ours included tickets to the Lake Tai Scenic Area, free breakfast, and we even got an upgrade.

This is a wonderful hotel. Hope you enjoy it too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

A lovely modern hotel. A true 5 star rating

The rooms were very well appointed and tastefully decorated. Excellent layout and furniture. The bed was so big I felt lost in it. The bathroom was very big and there was plenty of space. Everything you needed was on hand. Very impressed

I only negative comment I would have is around breakfast. There was a huge variety on food on offer... nearly everything you could think of on a buffet. However, many of the items had been sitting for quite some time and were not fresh. I tried many things, only having a bite or two and then go on to something else in the search for something fresh. The croissants were like sawdust and the pancakes were dried out and cold. I also had to ask 4 times for coffee

I did not get much of a chance to explore the hotel as I was there on business. So I can not comments on the recreational facilities. They did look good.

Putting aside my comments on breakfast I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again when in Wuxi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us.We have noted down and will see into how to improve when we have a chance.

Looking forard to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!