“Luxury hotel in wuxi”

InterContinental Hotel Wuxi
Ranked #2 of 680 Hotels in Wuxi
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel.. helpful.. clean like other Intercontinental
Im stay here for 2night .. business trip.. very helpful .. have experience when in wuxi airport dont have any money changer ever 1. Can call hotel to help taxi driver sent and pay in Intercontinental.
Staff really helpfull.
Room are big. Price also cheap.
Very recommended hotel for visit Wuxi City

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ari R
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I needed an oasis after a grueling jacked up travel/hotel fiasco and I found it at the Intercontinental. It was not cheap, but fair price for what I got compared to western/US prices. Good access to the NEW subway and bus lines.

The front desk help spoke English very well and were as savvy as any in the States and on my check out, I had to store my bags, and again, was met with great friendly service. I just wish I could have stayed a few more days there!

I was hesitant to buy the breakfast, but I am glad I did. Crazy awesome eating experience. Greeted with afresh juice bar in the entrance and the food had everything from an American style omelet bar, European cheeses, Japanese sushi, and awesome local Chinese food. Great way to indulge yourself great meal. Maybe one downside...the air temp was a bit hot (AC was not on high).

One more down side: the room I has was AWESOME...great view, and plush bathroom, but there was a chemical/petroleum smell that was in the room. Not sure if that was because of the new furniture or carpet. Not enough to change the room...just a bit noticeable.

I noticed that they had a cigar lounge and a few other restaurants that I was not able to sample...maybe next time!

Room Tip: Higher the better...can have a wonderful view the higher you are. I think I was on the south/east si...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TahmiJoh
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay, espeically our breakfast. Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us.We have noted down and will see into how to improve when we have a chance.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My choice of hotel is normally Holiday Inn but with no Holiday Inn in Wuxi I stayed here. The hotel is all about service and good service it was. The breakfast was very good and was included in a room upgrade I received being an Ambassador member. The day rate for breakfast is around $30, (less if pre-booked the night before). Is it worth that - heck no way. Senses Restaurant is expensive and the steak was poor. (whilst in China and all that etc etc should stick to the local food) Unbelievably uncomfortable to sit in the restaurant due to the tables having a huge single pyramid shaped leg - you cant get your legs under the table! Very retro but totally impractical. The pool is a lap pool and is excellent. Overall, this hotel is very nice and the service from all the staff is impeccable. I would recommend staying here and I will do so again when I return to Wuxi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for work - didnt experience Wuxi itself as I was at our factory al the time. However it seemed a central location.

Hotel itself was very nice, good large reception, well equipped rooms. Pool is a good size but yo have to wear a swimming cap which smelt mouldy t me! nice jacuzzi pool also. Gym was a bit average and full of kids playing which let down my experience but that could well be a one off.

Food was very good for breakfast

Room Tip: 1223 - looks out at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed our room and breakfast.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Intercontinental hotel Wuxi, it is a great hotel located 10 minutes by walk of the center.
Fantastic room nice, confortable and big.
The service is perfect for everything.
On the 5th floor perfect international breakfas, you will find what you want.
On the 6th floor there is swimming pool, sauna, fitness area and spa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and give us detail feedback! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great hotel stay overall for me: big, comfortable, clean, modern and pretty new hotel room with bathtub and separate shower stall. Comes with toiletries by Aromatherapy Associates. Great breakfast spread with Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine. The hotel even provides a takeaway breakfast pack (with croissants and a fruit) for travelers on-the-go, a very thoughtful touch if you are in a hurry. My biggest complaint about the hotel, though, was the extremely slow front office service, as the front office team took more than 10 mins to process the check out of every guest, and didn't even bother to speed up when there was a long queue of guests in front of them. Note to hotel: please make sure your front office staff are properly trained to process checkouts efficiently.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay. I've delivered your suggestions about front desk to our front office team and they will pay more attention to the training about check in and check our efficiency.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Simply perfect. Beautiful large clean rooms, free internet, great F&B, etc.
Location is quite good, close to street with lots of bars and restaurants and temple complex. Contrary to the staff in Yixing's Yun Hu conference center earlier in the week, staff do speak English over here. Great (company) rate, really nothing to complain about, unless it's the road works just in front of the hotel (but that should only make the city better reachable).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
vivian f, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Wuxi. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped make your visit enjoyable! We strive to achieve excellence at every level. Learning that our professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed is the best reward.

Thank you again for your support. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to InterContinental Wuxi soon!