“An Oasis In Beijing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #169 of 686 Restaurants in Changchun
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The DK1308 Brewery Changchun is a german brewpub, serving traditional german cuisine, authentic Drei Kronen beer and being the official distributer of Berentzen liquer in Changchun.
Novi, Michigan
“An Oasis In Beijing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Beijing and after 4 days of eating greasy, terrible food, I was taken to Drei Kronen 1308. Now, I know that as a traveler one is supposed to try the local food, but being a vegetarian in China is a struggle. On my 4th day there, I asked my brother if we could have some western food for dinner and he took me to Drei Kronen 1308. The food was delicious and the beer EXCELLENT. After days of eating greasy noodles and sorting through all the meat dishes, I was able to order a delicious bowl of soup, crusty bread and a large salad. Yes, there were many traditional Bavarian meat dishes on the menu, but it was easy for me to choose a meal that fit into my vegetarian lifestyle. The food and beer was so good that we visited the restaurant again before I left Beijing and I enjoyed salmon and vegetables on that visit. The director, Hans, made sure that we were taken care of and the service staff were great. I read the other review about this restaurant and I have to say that wherever you go for dinner and drinks in Beijing, there will be some drunken Chinese. This is China we're talking about, and the Chinese do not frown upon public drunkenness. As for the entertainment, well I was only there for a decent meal and we sat outside and enjoyed the ambiance. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting China and needs a good meal with excellent beer. Cheers!

• Visited August 2012

Duns, United Kingdom
“Drunken Chinese businessmen and Russian Gangsters...well, maybe not.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Various drunken types - bored German hausfraus on a night out - rowdy Chinese drinking fast and leaving as fast.
The live entertainment was dreadful, but all this was more than made up for by the excellent beers and spirits and the amazing pork knuckle with crackling.
There ar MUCH better restaurants in Changchun, but for the ex-pat BMW or VW engineer, this must be paradise.

• Visited March 2012