“Let staff know what your expectations are in order to get the site that's right for you.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Panther Lake Camping Resort
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First let me say there are no chiggers as someone wrote in a review I read. There are the average amount of mosquitoes. I have been a seasonal for over 25 years and apparently love it. I have meet very friendly campers who come for long weekends and weeklong vacations and also meet some not so nice campers. THIS is life. I have read some comments from another review who seems to blame the campground for being placed next to other weekend campers who were there to have a good time and play music. To each their own. I understand some have children who are on a sleeping schedule etc. There are rules put in place by the campground meant to keep everyone happy. Quiet time is 11pm. Security drives around and does a good job at enforcing this rule and 99% of the time there is no problem. First time they ask nicely to keep it down and remind the, of the time. They will ride around again a few min later and so on. If you are coming to the campground for a place to sleep while working in the area etc. Ask for a quiet area and staff can try there best to accommodate you. Quiet time is a time to lower the volume and be considerate of other campers around you. The campground never knows what they are getting when making the reservations. My advice is to let them know you don't mind noise, and let them know you like a quiet area. The great thing about Panther Lake is there is a variety of campsites. From a rally field of tent sites to a very quiet lake view site. There is something for everyone just be sure to communicate when your making your reservations. Great new playground for the children, clean pool, etc. my only complaint is he pool is a heated pool and I prefer the water warmer on some days and the lake/beach section , the water could be raked out better. The sand section is beautiful but I hate weeds touching my legs when swimming.

Room Tip: I think any place can use room for improvement. I would not be here 25 yrs. if I was not happy. You...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackie M

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Campground looks nice. BUT Manger yells at everyone even the kids (for being kids). Very pricey you have to buy their wood (you can not bring any in). Sites very close. There is no control over noisy and rude people. Manger does not want to get involved. But if you grease the managers palm you can do anything. The worse weekend I have ever had at a campground. NEEDS NEW MANAGEMENT. Mostly a seasonal campground.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jack F
Reviewed 20 August 2013

my sister has a place there. we go there every yr. lake.. pool... it is relaxing and fun for the kids. love it!!!!! the staff it's friendly. it is safe.. and so far the neighbors have been very friendly

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Well, initially I reviewd this place on their Facebook page. Needless to say these people can't handle the truth. So here we go. This trip started as my wife and I with our dog in my 38' motorhome but grew to my buddy and his three kids coming for just Saturday night. The front desk wanted to charge him and his kids for two nights because they were not on the original reservation. We called [--] on that and after a fight it was agreed they will pay for one night. Remember this is a 38' mh, not tents. During the day Saturday the place filled up all around us with many tents on sites. 6 tents on 2 sites. 25+ of the rudest Hispanic people with a tribe of children. The real problem began once they started playing loud, inappropriate music, which we asked them to turn down, as did security 3 more times. Overall, place is very nice, campsites are on top of each other. Perm sites are nicely manicured. Will not return here ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Ccrawfo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have been a seasonal camper for over 15 years, have always paid my bill (or clearly would have been made to leave the property) They charge 18% on running balances (pretty much loan sharking) and the office feels the need to harass good people that have always paid by now sending threatening letters to shut off electric if they have not pain in full by August 1, when in fact the property is open until November 1 and should be paid in full by that time. This has never been an issue before, many seasonal people have left because of they treatment they have received and many more are leaving just drive around see all of the empty sites and how many are for sale this is a clear indication of something not working in their favor. Cable is part of your "seasonal fee" however it rarely works and when it is out you will not receive a credit. At one time this was a wonderful place to come, the new staff is un-wanting of good people it is a shame.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank sandy v
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I have been to Panther Lake many, many times. My children mostly love the olympic size pool (with an 18" deep kiddie pool right next to it), the playground and riding their bikes. There are many activities planned from May - October, our favorite are the events during Columbus Day weekend. The staff are all friendly and extremely accommodating. You only have to ask for something and they will do their best. One time when we first started camping here we made our reservation late for Columbus Day weekend and asked for the site right next to our friends. The office manager told me that the site was already reserved so she gave us the next one over. To my surprise and happiness, she had asked the other people if they would be willing to move when they checked in and they did so. This may not sound like a big deal, but to a camper it is. I know I like to pick out what I consider to be my "perfect" site. The activities are fun for kids and are mostly free (things like ceramics are extra but they let you know that ahead of time).

We have a camper so I don't usually use the public bathhouses but I do from time to time and there is room for improvement. Some have cobwebs, bugs, etc. Not surprising when camping but they could be swept out a little more often.

I don't know about these "ciggers" other people are mentioning. We seem to find the same level of buginess here as anywhere else.

I have also been told by friends that they have camped in areas where it is loud quite late, but I only experienced that once.

We really love Panther Lake and will continue to camp here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BloodHoundGang2012
Reviewed 16 July 2013

First of all, we had no problems with Chiggers and sounds like the person who posted the "cigger" comment has allergies or . This place is in the woods, so you will have bugs, use OFF when walking around at night.

We stayed here twice, 2 weekends, so far this summer and are going back again for 2 more in August since we really enjoyed it. My wife asked a ton of questions before we even signed up and the staff was VERY friendly, patient, and accommodating.

We stayed in one of their rental trailers. These are small mobile homes that sleep 4-5 people. I must say, I can be one nitpicky [--] and I really loved it, especially when we got the brand new one with wood floors (well, wood floor laminate). The trailers were both clean, well stocked with kitchen utensils, and air-conditioned. We used the charcoal grill, enjoyed a campfire (you need to buy their wood), and went fishing. Great fishing both in the lake for everyone and Bambi Pond for little kids. We caught lots of small throw-back fish. We also rented a rowboat and kayaks. Prices are good for rentals and at the gift shop. They even had .35 cent popsicles, the root beer flavor ones were great.

We played Bingo, played catch on their fields, mini-golf, playground, did ceramics, balloon class, and did lots of swimming. The pool was surprisingly nice and clean considering one of the weekends was 4th of July and it was packed. They also have basketball courts, tennis, and an adult Jacuzzi. Next time I will bring our bikes. You can ride around the grounds and there's also an awesome Rail Trail across the street from the grounds called the Sussex Branch Trail.

I was worried there would be a bunch of riff-raff like you see at Tomahawk Lake, but it wasn't like that at all. Everyone was nice and not obnoxious.

Anything bad? I did think they charged a lot for firewood. $7 for a small bundle. You'd think after Hurricane Sandy they'd be giving away wood with all the downed trees in the area. The wood lasted longer than I thought it would though. Also, I didn't like the linoleum floors in the first trailer, I'd recommend you bring a couple throw rugs.

Like I said, this place ain't the Ritz. There are some year-round residents and a few ramshackled looking trailers that may seem scummy to the vane "high-on-the-hill" snobby types. But if you're down to earth, you'll enjoy it. Funny thing too, we searched all over NW NJ for a campground and chose Panther Lake which is 5 miles from our home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank iGot1i

Been to Panther Lake Camping Resort? Share your experiences!