“first visit and will return the place is amazing :-)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Panther Lake Camping Resort
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
“first visit and will return the place is amazing :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We just got home from camping there. I couldn't be more happier with a campground. We used a tent. The section we we're in wasn't far from the pavillion ,park activitys and bathrooms. The bathroom we used were by the office and were clean. There is plenty to do and the price to rent a boat is very reasonable and lake is very clean. They have an arcade room which is kept clean. We we're greeted each time we walked through the office door by friendly staff. We didn't get to use the pools since we were off season. The view by the lake are beautiful. Overall I can't wait to go back during the summer and take advantage of the beach and pool. Never can be bored plenty to do and all campers and kids stayin we're also friendly. Loved the place.

Room Tip: If using a tent bambi is the best section.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra L

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wayne, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked a site at Panther Lake because it was not too far from home and the photos looked nice. We learned that photos are only half the story and we should have read the reviews. The bathrooms were the worse we have ever experienced at a "camping resort." It seems that they ran out of wood when they made the privacy doors to the stalls. People can look over and under the doors. Spider webs not cleaned out of the bathrooms in years. Holes in roof and unsanitary overall. They have lots of rules at Panther Lake, but they only apply to some. First night a large group next to us was blasting their music and yelling and partying till 2AM even though the quiet time starts at 11. When we complained to management next day, they said they would take care of it. That night the party only went till 1. Not a place to bring young children if you want them to get a good nights sleep. Cannot bring your own wood....no WIFI....We left a day early because we had enough.

Room Tip: Travel a little further for a higher quality campsite with satisfactory bathrooms and more considera...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank njroadking

Travellers are raving about these Andover hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

To Whom it May Concern,

First visit and last. Panther Lake Resort has a fee for taking a simple shower very suprised since I have been to numerous camp grounds with no such rule for lack of a better word. All in all .25 cents for 5 minutes was the least of my concerns but when you pay for something as simple as a shower you would expect a sanitary bathroom not the case at Panther Lake Resort. My grandmothers latrine in a third world country is cleaner  then those PIG shelters or so called bathrooms you have in Panther Lake. Capitalism at work again. From my Android phone on SIMPLE Mobile Network. The second nationwide 4G network. :-)

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank oduran1999
Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

First let me say there are no chiggers as someone wrote in a review I read. There are the average amount of mosquitoes. I have been a seasonal for over 25 years and apparently love it. I have meet very friendly campers who come for long weekends and weeklong vacations and also meet some not so nice campers. THIS is life. I have read some comments from another review who seems to blame the campground for being placed next to other weekend campers who were there to have a good time and play music. To each their own. I understand some have children who are on a sleeping schedule etc. There are rules put in place by the campground meant to keep everyone happy. Quiet time is 11pm. Security drives around and does a good job at enforcing this rule and 99% of the time there is no problem. First time they ask nicely to keep it down and remind the, of the time. They will ride around again a few min later and so on. If you are coming to the campground for a place to sleep while working in the area etc. Ask for a quiet area and staff can try there best to accommodate you. Quiet time is a time to lower the volume and be considerate of other campers around you. The campground never knows what they are getting when making the reservations. My advice is to let them know you don't mind noise, and let them know you like a quiet area. The great thing about Panther Lake is there is a variety of campsites. From a rally field of tent sites to a very quiet lake view site. There is something for everyone just be sure to communicate when your making your reservations. Great new playground for the children, clean pool, etc. my only complaint is he pool is a heated pool and I prefer the water warmer on some days and the lake/beach section , the water could be raked out better. The sand section is beautiful but I hate weeds touching my legs when swimming.

Room Tip: I think any place can use room for improvement. I would not be here 25 yrs. if I was not happy. You...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jackie M
Neptune, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Campground looks nice. BUT Manger yells at everyone even the kids (for being kids). Very pricey you have to buy their wood (you can not bring any in). Sites very close. There is no control over noisy and rude people. Manger does not want to get involved. But if you grease the managers palm you can do anything. The worse weekend I have ever had at a campground. NEEDS NEW MANAGEMENT. Mostly a seasonal campground.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jack F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

my sister has a place there. we go there every yr. lake.. pool... it is relaxing and fun for the kids. love it!!!!! the staff it's friendly. it is safe.. and so far the neighbors have been very friendly

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Well, initially I reviewd this place on their Facebook page. Needless to say these people can't handle the truth. So here we go. This trip started as my wife and I with our dog in my 38' motorhome but grew to my buddy and his three kids coming for just Saturday night. The front desk wanted to charge him and his kids for two nights because they were not on the original reservation. We called [--] on that and after a fight it was agreed they will pay for one night. Remember this is a 38' mh, not tents. During the day Saturday the place filled up all around us with many tents on sites. 6 tents on 2 sites. 25+ of the rudest Hispanic people with a tribe of children. The real problem began once they started playing loud, inappropriate music, which we asked them to turn down, as did security 3 more times. Overall, place is very nice, campsites are on top of each other. Perm sites are nicely manicured. Will not return here ever again.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Ccrawfo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington
Super 8 Budd Lake
Super 8 Budd Lake
#1 of 4 in Budd Lake

Been to Panther Lake Camping Resort? Share your experiences!