“Great food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Main Street Grille
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: When it comes to wine and dining at Main Street Grille, it's an elegant, but casual environment. Our menu has choices for everyone, from pasta, to steaks, chicken, veal, and fresh seafood.
Greendell, New Jersey
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We went to the Main Street Grille with vouchers we received as a gift. I was apprehensive after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor and seeing all the negative comments. I always check the reviews here before I try a new place. I was pleasantly surprised by Main Street Grille! The salads were crisp & fresh with home-made dressings and our waiter was attentive and efficient. We ate in a booth in the bar. There were several tables in the dining room and 4 other couples having dinner in the bar and several people were eating at the bar. Pretty busy for a Wednesday evening. The menu was varied and had everything from appetizers to "pub Grub" and burgers to complete meals. I had the veal saltimboca and my date had the roast chicken (which was served in a portobello creme sauce) both meals had ample portions and were prepared well. I would rate the food 4 of 5 and the service 5 of 5. We didn't experience any of the negatives we read about here. We will definitely eat here again. .

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Moosebear425

Dayville, Connecticut
“Dining experience - do not order prime rib”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

On 8/30/13 I ordered the prime rib dinner for $24. It came with a potato and a salad. You could not get a vegetable or substitute the potato for a vegetable. The prime rib was TOUGH, couldn't even cut it never mind eat it. The waitress "Mandy" did not offer to do anything except take away the tough prime rib and charge me for it. A lesson learned. Next time will go to a chain steak house.

United States
“Awful - Don't waste your time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had tried Jimmy's one night and it was lovely - the menu was quite large and there were so many things we wanted to come back and try. The staff was friendly and despite the place being packed we were sat within five minutes. We left that night excited to return and try something else on the menu. When we came back it was for an early dinner after Jimmy's had changed to Main Street Grille. What a change. The dining room was empty except for us and another couple. We were sat and it took the waiter a good fifteen minutes to come over to us and take our drink order. The menu is extremely small - it seems like not even half of the old Jimmy's Menu which was disappointing. We waited over forty five minutes for our food and not once did the waiter come out and say anything to us. The other couple that was sitting by us was also looking around for him to get another drink. Our food was disappointing as well once we got it. The service was so bad that we wanted to just leave money on the table and walk out instead of waiting another twenty-five minutes for our check. Unfortunately we will not be returning, there are plenty of other good restaurants in the area that have friendly and attentive staff, better food and prices.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank yaaburnee
Andover, New Jersey
“Keep trying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

It's so nice to have an establishment right in the heart of Andover. I know they're trying - as evidenced by the name change, tweaking of the menu, and increased beer selections. However, in my opinion they are still "missing their stride" as far as the menu is concerned. Please find something a little more unique and not "all over the board" and I'd be happy to be a regular customer since they are so close. Oh ...and do something about getting rid of all those signs out front - it makes it look more like an eye-sore than an appealing place to visit.

Visited January 2013
sparta, nj, usa
“Glad it's gone!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I 'm looking forward to trying the restaurant that has replaced Jimmy's, because my husband and I had the most epic-ly awful dinner of our lives at Jimmy's last year, and I'm very glad to see it gone!
The food was a nightmare: my husband's pasta dish was a lump of coagulated linguini with an unidentified-meat-source sauce that tasted as if it was one day past it's expiration date, and my fish dish...ugh!...the only edible thing on the plate was the green beans, and they were sadly over-cooked.
When we finally got the waitress's attention (we honestly thought she might have walked out!) to ask for our check, and she asked us if we'd like our dinners 'to go', we had a hard time not laughing out loud as we said "no, thank you".
We couldn't get out of there fast enough!

1 Thank snowjo