“Great neighborhood venue”

Sheridan's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: American
Description: Lakeside dining. Physically located in Andover, but mailing address is Newton. http://sheridanstavern.com/
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Sheridans for a quick dinner before a show. Although it was getting busy on this Friday night, the staff made every effort to get us our meal quickly as requested. Mission accomplished. Despite the hyped pace of this meal (I usually have the opposite request), the food was well prepared and presented.
A friendly staff, reasonably good pub menu, moderate pricing and a lake view so serene are the reasons I plan to return here for future drinks and/or meals. This was my 3rd visit in 18 months and the food/service is consistent. Give it a try if you are looking for a casual meal in a family style pub.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Bad wine selection , food is OK , they could do so much better , they have 25 cent video games to keep the kids busy for a bit , they have live music , nice country atmosphere , right on the lake

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My co-workers and I often meet at Sheridan's for lunch. The view overlooking the lake is very nice in all seasons. I like that we are not rushed as we each work alone and this is the only time we have to catch up. The food is good and served promptly.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Been wanting to check out for sometime and it was suggested after work, so too early for happy hour at the huge bar. Opted for dinner by windows overlooking lake. Service was friendly and quick, but food tasteless. Ordered intriguing-sounding California skins which were just lumped Avocado salad in potato skins and a Greek gyro, surprisingly shy with the Tzatziki sauce. Hubby ordered cream of black bean soup and Chipotle Hanger steak which, if it wasn't for the small cup of house BBQ sauce brought later (which was really good), was cooked perfectly but unremarkable in flavor.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great food, cold drinks, pleasant staff and great views. What more could you ask? When my hubby asks where would you like to eat, I say Sheridan's!

2  Thank Sandy S