“One of the best Intercon I stayed”

InterContinental Hotel Dalian
Ranked #7 of 1,235 Hotels in Dalian
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I loved this hotel, even I only stayed for 1 day. It is such a beautiful hotel, one of the best intercon I stayed! Room is so big and stylish. I was on 42th floor, beautiful view as well. Bed is very comfortable. Bathroom is very comfortable. I got free wifi service as a Platinum IHG member. A beautiful welcome card and fruits was on the table when I arrived.

Staff are very friendly and professional, very helpful. I booked a car for airport drop off, very good! check in and check out was pretty fast, 3pm late check out was granted. Breakfast is really good, nice coffee and also good service.

Hotel is located right in the centre of the city, I did not have time to walk around, seem a lot of shopping places and restaurants around.

It was a wonderful stay and I will definitely come back when I am in town!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our large rooms, our luxurious bathrooms and the courteous service provided by our team members made your stay experience more memorable.

Thank you for being a Platinum Elite member of IHG Rewards Club, we delighted to provide you some exquisite benefits. As well us trying to make you feel connected to our City and destination as par of our Concierge “In The Know….” services.

We are happy to share your favourable comments on our hotel and service provided with our employees and we will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Dalian for 3 nights. As an IHG Platinum member I naturally expected an upgraded room, which the hotel did and access to the club lounge which I did get---but only after a "discussion" with a manager. This was the first time I'd not been given access to a lounge and was quite surprised-since I stay in IHG connected hotels 30-50 times a year and make a point of it . That was my one complaint.

Overall the hotel was good, a bit tired looking but fine. The buffet breakfast was amazing. The service was very good---except for one woman in the lounge who was not that happy to be working there it seemed.

Room Tip: A corner room, if you can get upgraded is great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank K G
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continuous patronage.

We are delighted to know that you enjoined our large rooms, our buffet breakfast and the courteous service provided by our team members.

Thank you for being a Platinum member of IHG Rewards Club, we delighted to provide you some exquisite benefits. As well us trying to make you feel connected to our City and destination as par of our Concierge “In The Know….” Services.

We are happy to share your favourable comments on our hotel and service provided with our employees and we will continuously work harder to ensure we can provide the finest service to our guests.

Thank you once again for your good comments and we are look forward to welcoming you back in the beautiful city of Dalian during your next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

A very impressive 5* hotel with all the features you would associate.

I was dissapointed not to be offered a non smoking room and the room I was given smelled very strongly of cigarettes. I was late checking in and the Chinese staff spoke English but ata more basic level. I was meeting colleagues for a meal and was running late so had to quickly shower and change. Given my experience checking in I felt it would be complicated and time consuming trying to change rooms so decided to live with it.

Yes I would stay at the hotel again if non smoking room was available

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback with regards to our hotel guest room.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience due to the cigarettes smell and will definitely rectify the issues that were being brought up. Rest assured that we are looking into both our software and hardware facilities, ensuring that we provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.
We hope this would not deter you from choosing InterContinental Dalian again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and found it to be very comfortable. The facilities were excellent with a good pool and fitness centre. The room was large, bed very comfortable and very nice bathroom.The hotel is centrally located in the middle of the city near shopping areas, banks etc. One development area for the staff would be to improve proficiency in english language. The room service menu could also be improved.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ozitourists
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our large room, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, excellent facilities and central location made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services and strive to improve the English level of our employees, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Of all the international five star hotels in Dalian, this belongs to the lower rung in my book. The rooms are spacious but have a slightly stale and moldy smell. The service at the cafes and bars was very local in standard. The pool was nice but the gym equipment are dated. When I asked why there was no headphone for the TVs on the treadmills, the attendant said "they were all broken"!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.
We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to the gym equipment. Rest assured that we are looking into our service at the Cafe and bar, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.
We hope you'd give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Conclusion: Good property. I really liked the room (1 KING BED DELUXE CITY VIEW, 60 square meters, corner room, non-smoking). But the other parts (room service, charging for internet fee, and so-so lobby) are a bit of a let down.

This stay: 2 night on personal trip. Location is right in the middle of downtown Dalian. Actually walked from the train station to the hotel (10 minutes, although I don't recommend it if you have large luggage, because you need to go underground to cross the major streets). So location is very good, especially for business. Check-in, check-out no issues. Elevators a bit slow, lobby was Overall property is showing a bit of age. However -- the room was very nice, so a bit of a nice surprise.

Pros: Rooms. Location (if you are on business). Staff is friendly.

Considerations: Lobby feels cheap. I can't think of another word to describe the feeling. It needs to get refreshed or changed. also food and beverage (room service) is not so tasty (i ordered couple dishes around midnight to test it out, but nothing really outstanding)

No comment: Swimming pool, spa, breakfast.

About me: East Asian male. Based in Hong Kong. Travels for business and pleasure 100 to 150 nights a year (mostly Asia). SPG platinum 75. Hyatt Platinum.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I am staying in Dalian on a regular basis and made InterContinental, which is my brand of choice, my home away from home. The hotel is in perfect location from where you can reach any place easy and there are plenty of shopping, dining and entertainment options in walking distance. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and provide the typical Intercontinental feel. The restaurant boosts a great choice for breakfast and the team at the hotel is friendly and responsive. Last time I stayed I booked first time the hotel's airport pick up service and that was probably the best experience I ever had. I was picked up in a luxury range rover and onboard was served with ice-cold towels and a bowl of fresh cherries. So from now on i will book airport pick up everytime...it is just making me feel great.

Room Tip: High floor with Dalian harbor view...spectacular!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnneArt
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are delighted to know that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests, and enjoyed your stay with us and that our large guest room made your stay experience more memorable. Meanwhile, we are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our restaurant services, and we will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to enjoy the best they deserve.