“Not quite up to expectation”
Review of Cafe Copenhagen

Cafe Copenhagen
Ranked #3 of 1,109 Restaurants in Dalian
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Not quite up to expectation”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I recently visited this restaurant for breakfast; he had the classic European breakfast and I had the Danish breakfast. My husband describes his breakfast as some aspects were excellent and other aspects were below average. For example, the sausages that came with my husband breakfast was that very unnatural pink that comes with cheap street sausages. The coffee was okay, but the bacon and bread were excellent. The Danish breakfast seemed to be a better choice due to the salami, Brie cheese, bacon, toast and excellent yoghurt! The fruit that came with both breakfasts was also a happy variety. Overall, I think the lunch and dinner menu may be a better choice at this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gyobam

• Korean first
Dalian, China
“A European oasis in the middle of China”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Whenever I need a break from the chaos that is the middle kingdom, this is where I head. Sunday brunch is amazing: large portions, variety, excellent taste, pricey for China but completely worth it. Ambiance is cultured and civilized and the service is best I've had in China - the owners train their staff to a more Western standard.
Excellent by Chinese standards and when considering the difficulties of access to western foodstuffs.

• Visited December 2013
Dalian, China
“well, not as good as what i expected”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

i was there with one of my friend , we ordered two different kinds of pasta, mine served in 3 minutes before beverage!!!! then the other portion of pasta was served 15mins after… first of all, i think we suppose to get drinks first , in addition i was really wondering if the pasta was fresh made . thats it . i am sure that i won't go there anymore .

• Visited December 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cheerful spot for brunch”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Visited in November 2013 for Saturday and Sunday brunches.

This is a lovely, spacious cafe with friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. Continental menu aimed at pleasing many tastes. If you have traveled around China you'll find the prices for Western food to be very reasonable, but as usual heavy on bread.

Staff speak functional English, though not a requirement for me, I found them going out of their way to speak it in response to my Chinese to make my experience more convenient. Very kind and will suit many of you.

Menu is very diverse and the brunch options are nice at about US$11 including a latte/cappucino/tea/americano. Did not try alcoholic beverages, but the fresh made juice beverages were world class in quality at about US$5-8 a pop for a 16 oz glass blend of nutritious, fresh fruits and/or veggies.

Had a small incident with one piece of bread not being up to snuff, and the manager (beyond what we would ever imagine) being mortified and not only giving us unrequested free desserts, but wiping both of our brunches off the bill, also without request. This is so uncommon in this part of the world, I can't even begin to tell you how much so.

This is a clean, wonderful, friendly, comfy, delicious place to spend a couple of hours on waking in Dalian before you check out this unique city. As one who has been to almost all provinces and major towns in China, I'm here to tell you that this is a diamond in the rough.

Enjoy your meal and get to know the great people working in this unique little spot.

Thanks for the hospitality, Cafe Copenhagen staffers!

• Visited November 2013
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Best Western food in Dalian”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have eaten here many times and always enjoyed it.
Just great to get a good pint of Carlsberg!
The atmosphere is quite Scandinavian and very friendly.
Sitting outside on a warm day watching the world go by is very pleasant.
Good Western food is not easy to find in Dalian but here you get what you hope for!

• Visited May 2013