“Best in Dalian”

Ranked #6 of 1,196 Hotels in Dalian
Hong Kong, China
“Best in Dalian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Conrad Dalian is most likely the best hotel in Dalian. The hardware is second to non; infact if this hotel was placed smack in the middle of Beijing or Shanghai it would not look out of place at all, infact it would still be one of the best. Unfortunately, not being in one of the major cities where hospitality scene is more mature, it lacks the service to go with it, and this is true to all the hotels in Dalian therefore Conrad is not to be blamed. The concierge team is quite knowledgeable, the front office team is very courteous and the elderly lobby greeter is very refreshing. The lobby lounge service could be a bit faster, however they were very friendly.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with harbor view are the best rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was very encouraged to read your positive appraisal. I will share them with the team to ensure they too are uplifted. I take an note your comments regarding service and rest assured we are not standing still and are looking for ways to strengthen our service offering.

I sincerely hope I have the pleasure in meeting you when you return.

Tony Marrinan, General Manager, Conrad Dalian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a Hilton Gold member I decided as usual to stay at the Conrad hotel and also insisted that my other overseas and local colleagues stayed here was a visit in which I was not feeling well at all, I was running a very high fever and on Saturday morning, when I dialed "0" from my room and asked if there was a doctor in the hotel because I was running a very high fever and having chills I was told "No, you have to go to the hospital" and that was it… I was not offered that somebody from the hotel would come with me to the hospital, I was not offered anything AT ALL, I was just indicated that the place to go was the hospital… Fortunately for me I have friends in Dalian, and fortunately for me these friends happened to be home that day so they sent a taxi for me to the hotel to take me to the hospital and they met me there, since I don't speak Mandarin nor the doctors or nurses from the hospital speak English, it would have been impossible for me to communicate with the hospital staff. I wonder if the person at the Conrad Hotel who told me to "go to the hospital" had a clue of what she was saying… sending a foreigner to a local hospital… clueless!! The true meaning of providing hotel guests a sense of comfort should be shown also during one's challenging times, not just when the sun is shining!!! Not going back to the Conrad!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Frank D
I was shocked and disappointed to learn of your experience. As you know I have written separately to you. Surprise to say this is not our usual service. Instead, I myself and my team have escorted and visited guests personally to the hospital especially if it is a foreign guest. Nevertheless, I have taken your comments on record and as you would expect, there has been action taken and follow up training has occurred.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Excellent hotel and excellent service . Great welcome from airport and then during check-in, very attentive staff . Loved the painting in the lobby of Conrad . Rooms of very high standard as well toilets , very modern , comfortable and luxurious . Service was very friendly and attentive .I went for a long walk outside of the hotel and Dalian is a beautiful city with lovely people . I loved Conrad service and will stay here again .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tony M, Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Steven H,

Thank you for your gracious comments on your recent stay at Conrad Dalian. I am delighted
to hear that the product and the level of service lived up to your expecations. We all will look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Dalian.

on Behalf of GM Tony Marrinan
kind regards
Hamid Naseem
Director of Operations
dalian, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

In the same building with Hilton , share all customers area with Hilton only except Lobby.Not so clean in room, bad room detail quality, bad service. Even you call for a reservation, the reception girl also works for Hilton, and made mistake for my booking. when i arrived, i found my reservation is not Conrad but Hilton, and no one would like to solve my problem. i only can call again and re-booked. My breskfast also in Holton, so why I should pay more money for Conrad Brand?!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Shao Nan W
Tony M, Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Shao Nan W,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Dalian, and I apologize that from the start you
were not able to recieve a flawless Conrad experience starting from your reservation process to
cleanliness of your room and your breakfast experience. I have taken your feedback and will personally follow up with our team here. Rest assured we strive to provide a Conrad experience and during your stay we were not able to meet up to your expecations and for that I am regretful.
I will contact you to get the details so we can win your trust back and look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Dalian.

Kind regards
Hamid Naseem, Director of Operations , on behalf of General Manager, Tony Marrinan
hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com
edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I just love the feeling I get staying at this hotel. Expensive but the best service possible. I would stay here again and again on my trips to Dalian. The toilets are to be praised . Best in Dalian and I have stayed at them all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to read your recognition and wonderful comments. I will certainly share them with the team who will be very motivated. You are the reason that drives us to constantly improve ourselves and provide exceptional service to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

When we reach Conrad Dalian we was amazed with the Grand Chandelier,The Grand Painting,The 4 Horses and the high gloss Italian Marble all over the Hotel. It was just "WOW"!!! The room was very nice, comfortable and very clean,we were facing the amazing view of Dalian Bay. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous speak very good English and very Knowledgeable about Dalian.The bar had a live band and really nice. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet,very good Japanese Restaurant on the 2nd floor,they have the best Green Tea Dessert and the Waiter Leo did a amazing job.Overall, a very nice stay. I will definitely stay in Conrad Dalian again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to read your wonderful comments of both facilities and service. I will certainly share them with the team, especially the comments about Leon our waiter who will be very motivated. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon. Thank you once again for the wonderful review.

Macau, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

A gem in Dalian. The hotel is very luxurious with beautiful and tasteful decorations. The staff we encountered were very attentive and pleasant, ensuring all our needs were well taken cared off. We loved our corner room which was spacious and had a great view of the city and sea.
Keep it up and we look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to read your wonderful comments. I will certainly share them with the team who will be very motivated. You are the reason that drives us to constantly improve ourselves and provide exceptional service to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon. Thank you once again for the wonderful review.